**Official Bush Approval Rating Poll**

rabdirts

Do you agree with the job that President Bush is doing?  

1. 1. Do you agree with the job that President Bush is doing?

i voted undecided. most of the news here is focused on the war, which we dont like, coz we (generally) see no point. plus our role is very minimal. getting rid of sea mines and bringing in wheat. sounds easy.

i was watching the "Nightly Business Report" (the american one) which pretty much reports anything financial in America. it was a week ago, and correct me if i'm wrong, but it said that Congress had approved a $780 BILLION loan to itself, or however it works, pushing USA debt to $9 trillion.

thats a bit steep.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. I think that's what Bliss said. anyways, I can't be for sure, and you can't believe everything you hear. *shrugs* you might be right. You might not be.

[/b]

He's correct...it was on the news and I've just spotted it on a newspaper from a few days ago (my dad takes forever to throw those things away). You can probably Google the information, Wikipedia probably has an article about it too.

My reasons for voting no:

More than $140 billion spent in Iraq.

8,000 American casualties in Iraq.

The Patriot Act

There are fewer CIA agents tracking Bin Laden now than BEFORE 9/11.

$236 billion surplus is now a $422 billion deficit.

The working poor's tax audits are now increased.

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND - enough said. I witnessed first hand the decay of the public school system.

Largest dollar increase of Medicare premiums in history - relatives I know can no longer afford pills.

200 million acres of public land are no longer protected.

Bush promised to regulated carbon monoxide - didn't happen. Bye bye ozone.

Nothing has been done about Gitmo.

Bush said gay marriage was a state issue - then supported an amendment banning it. Flip flopping isn't only for Kerry, huh?

Bush said THAT WE FOUND WMD'S in Iraq, then admitted we haven't found them. Nice fear card.

I simply can't, with a clean conscience, support a liar. All of these relate directly to Bush, and before someone says something...you can not possibly blame 9/11 for the outstanding deficit.

[/b]

He's never lied, the media's made him out to be one. And my Uncle is over in Iraq, he said those 8,000 dead soldiers were more than happy to die for their country. He also said that so much more good than bad is happening over there than the media says.

EDIT: And the sad thing is it's hard to be properly informed these days, because the media doesn't bring the whole story. The fact that Bush is a strong christian really comforts me... and I believe he listens to God... maybe that's why we don't understand why he's doin some of the stuff, we don't understand God. (and no... I'm not compairing Bush to God, that is not what I am saying)

I'm not really a Bush fan, but I must say that being a president of anything is hard. I'm currently one and it's really just...draining. Before I became one I was thinking of how nice it must be (yeah, go figure) but it really is a hard job. Your self-esteem can drop if you aren't strong in your faith and if you don't lean on God.

That's another subject though. I just wanted to point out that it's not an easy job in the first place.

But no, I'm not exactly sold on Bush.

I voted yes. I think that Bush is doing the best he can for who he is and in the situation he has been in for the main of his run.

Most of the time a lot of ppl it seems are really upset with the president during wars and the depression. It could have been one of the apostles of Jesus and people would still not agree with how things were being run and blame him for the mess we are in. In my opinion it wouldn't matter who was teh president, america would still be in teh same situation. We are all humans, we are all entitled to our mistakes. We can not judge and are not to judge those in authority (yeah I know hitler was in authority and so were all the other horrible dictators) let God do that. Besides like radbirts said it is almost impossible to know what really Goes on in the presidents head, office, etc. because if he does not report it himself then all we have to go on are stupid news reports and headlines which for all we know were made up on teh spot cause theperson had like five minutes to dead line lol. (ok so that is not the case but you get my point)

If you know you are not equipped to take over as president and do a 100 percent better job I do not think it is logical or wise to get mad at every mistake the current one makes. You may do somethings he did rwrong right but some of the things he did right you may do wrong....

Not to mention if he is a fellow christian you are to encourage and uplift in prayers not dog in speech and actions. I did not agree with a lot of what Bill Clinton did personal or job wise but I will not go tell everyone who will liusten he was inadequate for the job. He did some good things as well.....I just prayed and Let God deal with it.

DISCLAIMER::::This is just my opinion. It is not attacking any one personally so please do not take offense. I am not sorry for what I just posted and I meant every word of it. It was not to discredit any previous poster.

Concitering the fact that Bush's approval ratings are around 34%, I don't think the majority of Americans beleive he's doing a good job.

[/b]

They're that low because he's easy to blame when things go wrong. Next thing you know we'll be blaming him when our girl friend or boy friend breaks up with us.

1.) 8,000 American casualties in Iraq.

2.) The Patriot Act

3.) There are fewer CIA agents tracking Bin Laden now than BEFORE 9/11.

4.) $236 billion surplus is now a $422 billion deficit.

5.) The working poor's tax audits are now increased.

6.) NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND - enough said. I witnessed first hand the decay of the public school system.

7.) Largest dollar increase of Medicare premiums in history - relatives I know can no longer afford pills.

8.) 200 million acres of public land are no longer protected.

9.) Bush promised to regulated carbon monoxide - didn't happen. Bye bye ozone.

10.) Nothing has been done about Gitmo.

11.) Bush said gay marriage was a state issue - then supported an amendment banning it. Flip flopping isn't only for Kerry, huh?

12.) Bush said THAT WE FOUND WMD'S in Iraq, then admitted we haven't found them. Nice fear card.

I simply can't, with a clean conscience, support a liar. All of these relate directly to Bush, and before someone says something...you can not possibly blame 9/11 for the outstanding deficit.

[/b]

Ok there's some CREDIBLE CITATIONS for my "opinions". You happy now? To say that these aren't facts is NOT a political opinion.

1.) http://icasualties.org/oif/

2.) You can just read congressional transcripts for this atrocity.

3.) http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html...DA00894DC404482

4.) http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/a...,593431,00.html AND http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/opinion/9758966.htm

5.) http://www.theolympian.com/home/news/20030...tpage/396.shtml

6.) http://nwitimes.com/articles/2004/02/08/op...e3000221963.txt

7.) http://www.iht.com/articles/537385.htm

8.) http://www.calwild.org/press/nowild_nytimes050403.php

9.) http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer

10.) NO CITATION NEEDED - EVERYONE KNOWS THIS

11.) http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0002/15/lkl.00.html AND http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20040224-2.html

12.) http://www.whitehouse.gov/g8/interview5.html

The only thing you could pass off as opinion is No Child Left Behind and the Patriot Act, but you can't pass them off as opinion that they happend - only my view on their success.

Now because this is a POLL not a DEBATE, someone just say the word and I'll start a new thread in debates so you can refute my 10 points.

lol. yeah.

Everyone is just looking for a scape goat.

[/b]

DesertedMirage said quite well. Being the president of anything is hard, *but* in being a president you are also a guide and leader. He is the one in charge, and regardless of how anyone feels a mistake is a mistake. He chose this political path and is fully aware of how potentially detrimental any decision for this country would be. Where he has messed up he did it on his own, and that's not opinion but fact.

<div class='quotemain'>

8,000 American casualties in Iraq.

The Patriot Act

There are fewer CIA agents tracking Bin Laden now than BEFORE 9/11.

$236 billion surplus is now a $422 billion deficit.

The working poor's tax audits are now increased.

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND - enough said. I witnessed first hand the decay of the public school system.

Largest dollar increase of Medicare premiums in history - relatives I know can no longer afford pills.

200 million acres of public land are no longer protected.

Bush promised to regulated carbon monoxide - didn't happen. Bye bye ozone.

Nothing has been done about Gitmo.

Bush said gay marriage was a state issue - then supported an amendment banning it. Flip flopping isn't only for Kerry, huh?

Bush said THAT WE FOUND WMD'S in Iraq, then admitted we haven't found them. Nice fear card.

[/b]

He's never lied, the media's made him out to be one. And my Uncle is over in Iraq, he said those 8,000 dead soldiers were more than happy to die for their country. He also said that so much more good than bad is happening over there than the media says.

EDIT: And the sad thing is it's hard to be properly informed these days, because the media doesn't bring the whole story. The fact that Bush is a strong christian really comforts me... and I believe he listens to God... maybe that's why we don't understand why he's doin some of the stuff, we don't understand God. (and no... I'm not compairing Bush to God, that is not what I am saying)

[/b]

This goes both ways. He says he is a Christian, and that's his business, but we likewise cannot lean blindly on this claim either.

This goes both ways. He says he is a Christian, and that's his business, but we likewise cannot lean blindly on this claim either.

[/b]

I agree with blissful. If he is a Christian more power to him, but I can't say that the "trickle down" method he is so fond of is a Biblically founded principle.

i want to vote yes

but i can't because everything is democrats making republicans look bad and republicans making democrats look bad

you can't trust any media source

its pathetic

i can just see democrats and republicans pointing the finger of blame at each other as America falls apart

Ok... from now on, no more debating in here. You may only post what you voted if you like and why you voted what you voted if you want. If somone rebuttles, I'll have the post deleted.

[/b]

I don't think anyones done any real debating, but if that's the way you want it it's cool. So for the record...

I'll delete any posts that are argumenative in nature from here on out as requested by the threadstarter.

That being said, does anyone want to take this matter into the debates forum?

<div class='quotemain'>

What a suprise...

[/b]

What are you referring to? a certain post or the poll in general?

[/b]

Well I mean bush was a..... bad president from the beginning and he alwyas would be. I am suprised it took the amerikan public this long to realize what a lousy job he is doing.

That being said, does anyone want to take this matter into the debates forum?

[/b]

*Shrugs*

I don't really care, honestly. We could debate Bush and the world and religions and sexual orientation and predestination until Christ comes back... I'm starting to wonder how effective in evangelism debating really is. :unsure:

One thing I can say, though, is that it's fun to do nonetheless. ;)

Bush is not dumb for all you people out there who think he is. You only believe what the media says, and that's not all true. The Media doesn't know anything either. Really. They don't. They make half of it up, and the other half they get from rumors.

Sorry, Tim, I'm not trying to turn this into a debate. I just wanted to put my two cents in.