Sign in to follow this  
rabdirts

**Official Bush Approval Rating Poll**

Do you agree with the job that President Bush is doing?  

1. 1. Do you agree with the job that President Bush is doing?

<div class='quotemain'>

Ok... from now on, no more debating in here. You may only post what you voted if you like and why you voted what you voted if you want. If somone rebuttles, I'll have the post deleted.

[/b]

I don't think anyones done any real debating, but if that's the way you want it it's cool. So for the record...

I'll delete any posts that are argumenative in nature from here on out as requested by the threadstarter.

That being said, does anyone want to take this matter into the debates forum?

[/b]

I know... because it's been prevented. But I could see where it was goin.

I voted no. I dislike the way the country has gone since Bush took over.

I dislike the way American freedoms have been curtailed.

I dislike how thousands of American soldiers were sent to their deaths for the sake of a lie.

I dislike how large corporations - especially those associated with powerful members of the government - have gained unprecedented amounts of power and/or financial gain under the current government.

I dislike how many policies seem to be 'quick fixes' - short-term pleasure in exchange for long-term gain.

I dislike the current administration's disregard for international cooperation.

I dislike the current administration's disregard for the environment.

I dislike how I could go on for pages listing the things I dislike about the current administration.

Not only do I not support Bush, I wholeheartedly believe that he deserves nothing short of impeachment - at the absolute least.

WHY do ppl not like bush?? he's a GREAT president!!

I totally support George Bush!!

I think the only reason ppl DON'T like bush is b/c of the WAR!! all i have to say 4 the ppl that don't like the war is:

GO AHEAD AND GET OVER IT! B/C I DON'T THINK BUSH IS GONNA STOP IT!! MAY THE WAR CONTINUE!!

I voted yes.

True, he has made mistakes.

Most were based on faulty intellegence, a result of ignorance. Blame the CIA.

But all in all, he has made wise descisions with what he did have:

Many American lives were lost in Iraq....but thousands of Iraqis were saved.

The economy is not in dire straits.

Hurricanes are natural disasters, not something he could have prevented, and I think He did as much as he could for the victims.

The President himself has not defiled his personal record with immoral behavior.

I could think of worse people to fill his seat.

Sadly, can't think of any better. Except maybe Condoleeza Rice. :)

Bush is not dumb for all you people out there who think he is. You only believe what the media says, and that's not all true. The Media doesn't know anything either. Really. They don't. They make half of it up, and the other half they get from rumors.

Sorry, Tim, I'm not trying to turn this into a debate. I just wanted to put my two cents in.

[/b]

As much as everyone would love to think the contrary, the media is run by the right. And they don't make him out to be stupid at all. I think he's dumb because I've watched him talk.

WHY do ppl not like bush?? he's a GREAT president!!

I totally support George Bush!!

I think the only reason ppl DON'T like bush is b/c of the WAR!! all i have to say 4 the ppl that don't like the war is:

GO AHEAD AND GET OVER IT! B/C I DON'T THINK BUSH IS GONNA STOP IT!! MAY THE WAR CONTINUE!![/b]

He's not a great president. People don't like him because he's a horrible president. And for the most part, the people that don't like him are those who actually pay attention to the ridiculous things he does. Those who do like him either don't pay attention, blindly follow him because he's a republican, or simply don't mind it when people infringe on their freedoms.

I have way more reasons not to like Bush than the war. It's not like the war is important or anything!

Many American lives were lost in Iraq....but thousands of Iraqis were saved.[/b]

What about the 35,000 that died?

Hurricanes are natural disasters, not something he could have prevented, and I think He did as much as he could for the victims. [/b]

Except he denied funds to repair the levees long before the hurricane occurred, and he did nothing to help out when they did break. He even knew a week in advance that they were going to break, but he did nothing.

They're that low because he's easy to blame when things go wrong. Next thing you know we'll be blaming him when our girl friend or boy friend breaks up with us.[/b]

If that's the case, then why is it that other presidents don't get approval ratings that low?

I will not respond to that unless you take it to debates. I find it sad the American public does not have any more respect.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

What a suprise...

[/b]

What are you referring to? a certain post or the poll in general?

[/b]

Well I mean bush was a..... bad president from the beginning and he alwyas would be. I am suprised it took the amerikan public this long to realize what a lousy job he is doing.

[/b]

did you mean to spell AmeriCan wrong?

I voted yes.

True, he has made mistakes.

Most were based on faulty intellegence, a result of ignorance. Blame the CIA.

Many American lives were lost in Iraq....but thousands of Iraqis were saved.

The economy is not in dire straits.

Hurricanes are natural disasters, not something he could have prevented, and I think He did as much as he could for the victims.

The President himself has not defiled his personal record with immoral behavior.

I could think of worse people to fill his seat.

Sadly, can't think of any better. Except maybe Condoleeza Rice. :)

[/b]

Rice. yeah. good choice :D

Well, I might not agree completely with his reasons for doing so, or even like it, but a huge amount of change have been made (I think) for the better in Iraq.

Like him or not, he certaintly got the job done. Who'd have ever thought someone'd bring Hussein down finally?

I don't really know about anything else that he's done, so all I can comment on is the war really. He made a decision, and he didn't turn back on it, and followed through.

And as for the troops that died... they knew the risks when they took the job, they knew that they wouldn't be in for a cakewalk. I don't know how enlistment or recruitment (or even conscription) works in the States, but you can't really hold soldiers dying in war against Bush.

I will not respond to that unless you take it to debates. I find it sad the American public does not have any more respect.

[/b]

They didn't respect Clinton either, but nobody complained about that.

Originally posted by oceaneyesforGod

If I start a topic in debates will it be closed, and will anyone care?

Sounds good, nobody's responded to mine in forever anyway.

There's plenty of good things. Atleast he's a man of God and is trying his best to do what God would do.

Thank you!!!

I don't agree with everything he does, but name one person (and I mean a human, not God because He's perfect) who you can totally agree with. I think he's definitely than what could have been. And I'm glad he's a Christian, doesn't support abortion, and won't tolerate terrorists. I think we can all be thankful for that.

I've heard that Clinton played golf while the Kurds were being massacred and when he was told to come into a meeting to discuss what to do he said "not now I'm busy"

If that is true...I dont think I have any respect for him, at all.

And I dont think that Clinton did a good job anyway.

I don't care what anyone else says (that gets me in trouble sometimes). I do not think Clinton did a good job of running our country at all. That's all I'm going to say, because otherwise I could probably write a book about how much I disrespect him.

There's plenty of good things. Atleast he's a man of God and is trying his best to do what God would do.

Thank you!!!

I don't agree with everything he does, but name one person (and I mean a human, not God because He's perfect) who you can totally agree with. I think he's definitely than what could have been. And I'm glad he's a Christian, doesn't support abortion, and won't tolerate terrorists. I think we can all be thankful for that.

I've heard that Clinton played golf while the Kurds were being massacred and when he was told to come into a meeting to discuss what to do he said "not now I'm busy"

If that is true...I dont think I have any respect for him, at all.

And I dont think that Clinton did a good job anyway.

I don't care what anyone else says (that gets me in trouble sometimes). I do not think Clinton did a good job of running our country at all. That's all I'm going to say, because otherwise I could probably write a book about how much I disrespect him.

Well, every human deserves respect to some extent, regardless of what they do. Just the fact that God created them should give them respect. And he did do some good things... such as the budget. He was good budget wise, as where Bush could obviously improve in that catagory, to some extent anyway.

Thank you!!!

I don't agree with everything he does, but name one person (and I mean a human, not God because He's perfect) who you can totally agree with. I think he's definitely than what could have been. And I'm glad he's a Christian, doesn't support abortion, and won't tolerate terrorists. I think we can all be thankful for that.[/b]

You know, I really hate the way he uses religion as a front for support. He knows that if he says he's a Christian and prays all the time and goes to church, Christians are going to give him their overwhelming and unconditional support. How do you even know he's a Christian at all?

Oh by the way, who does tolerate terrorists?

If that is true...I dont think I have any respect for him, at all.[/b]

That's the fattest lie I've heard in my life. Bush Senior was in office when the Kurds were massacred.

And did you know that Bush was celebrating a birthday party when Hurricane Katrina was hitting America?

I don't care what anyone else says (that gets me in trouble sometimes). I do not think Clinton did a good job of running our country at all. That's all I'm going to say, because otherwise I could probably write a book about how much I disrespect him.[/b]

How did Clinton not do a good job?

If that is true...I dont think I have any respect for him, at all.[/b]

That's the fattest lie I've heard in my life. Bush Senior was in office when the Kurds were massacred.

And did you know that Bush was celebrating a birthday party when Hurricane Katrina was hitting America?

I don't care what anyone else says (that gets me in trouble sometimes). I do not think Clinton did a good job of running our country at all. That's all I'm going to say, because otherwise I could probably write a book about how much I disrespect him.[/b]

How did Clinton not do a good job?

[/b]

Dude, take it easy. Next there's an outburst like that, your post will be deleted. There's nicer ways to say things, after all, this is a christian forum.

And of course he would celebrate his birthday. He deserves to, he's human afterall. Don't tell me that because he's president, he doesn't have the right to celebrate his birthday!

A man of God lol thats agood one. Anyways clinton was probably the best modern amerikan president you guys had. At least he made the economy stronger. What really puzzles me is that Clinton had to step down for hitting it off with an intern but bush is not off the chair even though he started two useless wars which only brought about lives being lost in vain and many conncentrtion prisons such as abu graib and guantanimo bay. Also need I remind you of the terrorist activities that goes on in the CIA. Like kidnappings and assasinations. And yet you people elected him and call him a man of God? Puzzles me really

A man of God lol thats agood one. Anyways clinton was probably the best modern amerikan president you guys had. At least he made the economy stronger. What really puzzles me is that Clinton had to step down for hitting it off with an intern but bush is not off the chair even though he started two useless wars which only brought about lives being lost in vain and many conncentrtion prisons such as abu graib and guantanimo bay. Also need I remind you of the terrorist activities that goes on in the CIA. Like kidnappings and assasinations. And yet you people elected him and call him a man of God? Puzzles me really [/b]

^lol...I live here and I don't get it any more than you do. *shakes head*

EDIT: Just a question - how was Delta's post an "ouburst"?

A man of God lol thats agood one. Anyways clinton was probably the best modern amerikan president you guys had. At least he made the economy stronger. What really puzzles me is that Clinton had to step down for hitting it off with an intern but bush is not off the chair even though he started two useless wars which only brought about lives being lost in vain and many conncentrtion prisons such as abu graib and guantanimo bay. Also need I remind you of the terrorist activities that goes on in the CIA. Like kidnappings and assasinations. And yet you people elected him and call him a man of God? Puzzles me really

[/b]

Useless war? Oh! Right... we just might save some inocent lives. We couldn't allow that to happen.

EDIT: You idea of an outburst may be different than mine. But he was flaming.

^ Do you have any idea of what The Iraq War has done to the friction of the muslims and westerners?...

-Civil War between the Muslims not in Iraq but also even around the world

-Iranian and amerikan confrontation only increase the likelyhood of nuclear warfare.

-The even more intense hate of muslims agianst westerners thus provoking more terrorist attacks.(Osama is jumping up and down for that one)

- And the likely hood of a Third World War

Good job Bush the world is proud of you

^ Do you have any idea of what The Iraq War has done to the friction of the muslims and westerners?...

-Civil War between the Muslims not in Iraq but also even around the world

-Iranian and amerikan confrontation only increase the likelyhood of nuclear warfare.

-The even more intense hate of muslims agianst westerners thus provoking more terrorist attacks.(Osama is jumping up and down for that one)

[/b]

This was something I was a bit worried about. Terrorism isn't something new, and though some may not like me saying this, America is green when it comes to handling terrorism. America has gotten itself involved in other countries' problems, but we learned the hard way it's a lot different when it happens to you. I think this war should have been handled globally and with a special arms force rather than through war.

My mother narrowly escaped a terrorist attack over 20 years ago when she lived in Spain. She's also told me of numerous others from when she was younger. Being of foreign descent has enabled her to see things on a global level better, and from her experience (and, of course, my own) it has shown me that a distinct war on terror is as broad as a doctor's war on death. America should have delved into the problem a bit differently.

[/b]

This one really struck a nerve with me. Seems our people aren't realizing the looming threat of WWIII that's right in front of our faces. The scariest part about it? WWIII will be fought because people are angry at America for our transgressions...which means it might come into our own front yards. The right is making war seem so glorious, but we'll see how glorious it is when their million dollar homes are being firebombed.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

This one really struck a nerve with me. Seems our people aren't realizing the looming threat of WWIII that's right in front of our faces. The scariest part about it? WWIII will be fought because people are angry at America for our transgressions...which means it might come into our own front yards. The right is making war seem so glorious, but we'll see how glorious it is when their million dollar homes are being firebombed.

[/b]

Heh, doubt anyone would ever attack America... we could destroy any and all country's if we wanted to.

I noticed you pointed out nothing good about the War, I mean, of course there's going to be negative things, it is war after all. How about the fact that Sadam is in custody. How about the progress their armed forces have made. How about the peacfulness(sp?) that's starting over there. Don't tell me that's not worth it. And esspcially don't tell the troops who've faught for it. My uncle is over there, and I was talking to him, he said the news is only ignorant ppl talking to a camera. They don't tell you what all good is happening over there. There's so much more good than bad, but no one knows it.

Heh, doubt anyone would ever attack America... we could destroy any and all country's if we wanted to.

[/b]

Because 9/11 didn't happen...right? We could not possibly take on several countries at once in our mainland, but if it makes you feel safer to say we could, by all means.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Because 9/11 didn't happen...right?

[/b]

Those were terrorists, not a country. World Wars are between countries.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Useless war? Oh! Right... we just might save some inocent lives. We couldn't allow that to happen.

EDIT: You idea of an outburst may be different than mine. But he was flaming. [/b]

How was Delta flaming? Flaming is generally considered to be unproductive, insulting comments with no productive purpose whatsoever - meant solely to offend or harass.

This has me more than a little concerned.

Point by point...

You know, I really hate the way he uses religion as a front for support. He knows that if he says he's a Christian and prays all the time and goes to church, Christians are going to give him their overwhelming and unconditional support. How do you even know he's a Christian at all?

Oh by the way, who does tolerate terrorists?[/b]

It's true - Bush does use religion as a front for support, and Delta's point is valid. It's true that if he prays all the time and goes to church, Christians will give him "overwhelming and unconditional support". I've known Christians who support for no reason other than the fact that he prays. It's a valid point.

And the question's a good one...he's got a good point. Nobody tolerates terrorists, therefore it's an invalid point to bring to a debate concerning presidential behavior. The rhetorical question Delta poses is an excellent way of pointing this out.

And did you know that Bush was celebrating a birthday party when Hurricane Katrina was hitting America?[/b]

Again, valid points. He wasn't calling anybody on the forum a liar directly, he was calling the Clinton thing a lie...which it was. And Bush was celebrating a birthday party when Katrina was hitting, which is an immense dereliction of duty. He is allowed to celebrate his birthday...but when a disaster like that is happening, as president, his duty to America comes first.

How did Clinton not do a good job?[/b]

It's a valid question. Clinton did an excellent job as president - it was his private life which people objected to, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with politics in any way, shape, or form.

Clinton cheats on his wife and gets impeached. Bush engages in mass murder and stays in office. It's a valid point.

*shakes head* I still fail to see how Delta's post was an "outburst" or how he was "flaming". If this forum comes to a point where people's opinions are suppressed and censored for the sole reason that they disagree with the conservative majority, how is CTF any better than any other right-wing propagandist machine?