Sign in to follow this  
Fireheart123407

Swimteam

Hey! :) I swim USA swimming year round and I love it! :P This is my 3d season, how long have you all been swimming?? B)

I'll be going into my third season this September. We weren't able to swim for the last two weeks because the pool heater was broken and it was freezing. But hopefully it's getting fixed today........

Yeah! We got more swimmers then just me and Singit! That is so exciting!

Yeah I think everyone swims summer.

I can't go to practice at all this week I am so booked though! Isn't that annoying.

Sorry about the shoulder injury. Those aren't fun.

I just recently started lap swimming as a form of cardiovascular exercise(i hate jogging), and I really enjoy it. I think i'm pretty fast for someone who just started, as well. I just keep getting beat by these little asian kids.

Yeah! We got more swimmers then just me and Singit! That is so exciting!

Yeah I think everyone swims summer.

I can't go to practice at all this week I am so booked though! Isn't that annoying.

Sorry about the shoulder injury. Those aren't fun.[/b]

Thanks :) . The only thing I don't like about our summer program is that we don't compete in the summer. It's nice to have a break for awhile but I kind of miss it. Do you guys have alot of meets in the summer?

I was on the swim team for almost 7 years. I quit when I turned 14, but I plan to start again in October. Man, I would give anything to go back in time and not quit. I did something really stupid, and just stopped for no good reason. :sad: Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to catch back up! :)

I'm actully not joining our swim team this season. I think I'll kind of miss it but since we got a new coach, and alot of different people started joining the team, it's just not as fun anymore. I'll miss competing but I'm doing more dance so I'm looking forward to that. Do you guys swim for your school teams?

I swim in the winter on swim team, but I swim on my own sometimes outside of that. I work at a pool as a lifeguard/swim instructor so my life pretty much revolves around the pool.

Yeah, I'm actually taking a break from swimming for a couple weeks. Everyone needs a break.[/b]

Our club is on 2 week break right now, the only break of the year!

I swim in the winter on swim team, but I swim on my own sometimes outside of that. I work at a pool as a lifeguard/swim instructor so my life pretty much revolves around the pool.[/b]

Me too! Cept I swim year round. Is your high school team the one you swim with in the winter?

I dont swim for any teams but ive practiced the 100m 200m and 400m since I was 10. I also recently started doing long distance endurance swims in the past 2 years.

Love swimming. Use to do competitions when I was small but now do it for sport and fun. I love diving especially in oceans fishing for fish and lobsters craps etc. I also use it for my workout regimes.

Well I was consistently breaking minute for my 100fr when I quit a couple of years ago and my 100bk was around the minute as well. Good times :-)

Problem is that swimming either has to be your life or you can't swim competitively at all. As I like to say;

I chose life.

I love swimming! When I was on teams though, my coaches kept putting me in events that I hated! I lost the love of competition after awhile. They made me do stuff like 200IM and 200Medley. By the time I was done, my arms were dead weight. Now I swim with a triathlon training team at my gym. They are really great!

yeah i love swimming and i have never been on the team. I am good enough to be on the collegiate swim team if i wanted to and i never had a coach and only trained myself for the past 3 years. I swim 4000- 5000 yards a day on top of cycling and running. I am best in backstroke and butterfly. I dont know i just thought the sport was easy. I looked up videos to learn how to do anything and im working up towards a 1000 butterfly swim :)

Has anybody been watching the Swimming Olympic finals? Michael Phelps set like, five world records. I know Katie Hoff set a few records too. They are so fast! And Torres (I can't remember her first name) who is 41, is going to her fifth olympics. Watching them swim, it really made me miss swimming. I had to quit because I had to have shoulder surgery and just never got back into it. But it's still fun to watch it.

Yeah Phelps is trying to get 10 medals or something. CRAZY!!

I swam 7,000 yards today and lifted weights. I was going to run too but i fell asleep. Well im no closer to that 1000 yard fly swim. I need to focus more on my technique to get better i think. I am going to try to do just 2,500 tomorrow focus on technique and maybe bike some to strengthen my quads up.

Can someone post some swim workouts. I cant find any good ones. I guess i can post some workouts too if anyone is interested.

http://www.dynoswim.com/searchWorkouts.php

Here is a good website for swim workouts. Unfortunetly i have already done the cool ones and only the boring ones are left and i cant find any other website :(

I used to swim alot. It was more or less my life growing up. I specialized in the 50 and 100 breaststroke. I wasn't that fast, but I did make state and all that good stuff.