Sign in to follow this  
proud_orthodox_guy

Movie Reviews

Hey all,

I am posting this so we can all review movies from a Christian point of view. Here is how this works:

Ok, the Christian ratings are these:

5: Nothing offensive

4: Slightly offensive

3: Somewhat offensive

2: Very offensive

1: Very very offensive

The overall ratings are these:

A: Exellent!

B: Good!

C: Average

D: Poor

F: Bad

You can put + and - after the letter rating (example A+, B+, C+)

So this is how the whole thing works;

Movie Name: The name of the movie goes here

Christian rating: Rate it by the Christian rating system

Overall rating: Rate it by the overall rating system

Recommended age range: Put the ages you recommend to see this movie

Comments: Put your comments about the movie here

Other info: Any other info you may want to put regarding this film such as websites or things regarding the content of the movie.

Ok, I start:

Movie name: The Incredibles

Christian rating: 4

Overall Rating: A+

Recommended age range: 8 and over

Comments: This was a VERY good movie! Great action, great coimedy and really great effects and animation! I give it a Christian rating of 4 because there are a few instances of taking God's name in vain.

But overall this movie is worthy of and A rating in my book :D

Other info: Caution: This movie is a lot more violent than the other Pixar movies. If you have any younger siblings I recommend it for ages 8 and up.

Movie name: Shrek 2

Christian Rating: 4

Overall rating: C+

Recommended age range: 8+

Comments: This movie was ok. The animation was not top notch and there was a lot of crude humor (such as Pinnochio wearing a thong and fart jokes and mild language). But it had it's funny moments (such as the ones mentioned above :D). So overall I'd give it a C+.

Other info: none

Movie: What's Eating Gilbert's Grape?

Christian Rating: maybe a 2 1/2 or 3

Overall Rating: B

Comments: The movie was pretty good. But it was typical Jonny Depp--very weird. A few things I might consider to be offensive you might not, but I thought it was an ok movie...the only reason it go a B was b/c it had Jonny Depp and it was cute.

Other: none

Movie: Napoleon Dynamite

Christian Rating: 5

Overall rating: A+

Comments: A very clean comedy fit for the entire family.No language, no sex, minimal violence. Nothing offensive in this movie.

Other: None

Oh, incase you're too lazy to type a movie review (like me) a great web site is plugedin.mag. It does movies, TV shows, music, & etc. from a christian perspective.

Movie: Spirited Away

Overall rating: A (English version) A+ (Japanese version)

Comments: Hayao Miyazaki's greatest work. Very great movie. It's a bit like a Japanese "Alice in Wonderland". However there is some bloody violence near the end but nothing really gory. I give it a Christian rating of 4 because it does support a Shinto world view (such as gods and spirits). Other than that there is no foul language or sex.

Other info:

Read more about the movie here:

http://nausicaa.net/miyazaki/sen/

Movie: PLATOON

Christian Rating: 3

Overall rating: A+

Comments:Very brutal look at the vietnam war with alot of violence language and a small sex scene. Very very sad film I gave it a three because their alot of Christian kids who want to get out of there(VIETNM WAR).

Other: Pretty sad film very realistic and i give it points because the pentagon hated this film.

Movie: Princess Mononoke

Christian rating: 3

Overall: B+ (Japanese version) C (English version)

Comments: Pretty good movie wise, very good animation wise. The Japanese version is SOOO much better than the English version because the English version adds all kinds of swearing (nothing horrible, just stuff like d**n, a**, b*sterd H**l ect., nothing like the f word). It is also very violent in both versions. It is PG-13 for a GOOD reason.

It also supports a lot of Shinto type beliefs (gods, spirits, ect.).

Overall, this is a good movie and I recommend it to any anime lover, lover of Japanese culture, or anyone who just likes a good action flick.

Other info: none

Movie: Garfeild: The Movie

Overall Rating: F

Comments: This movie was the worst movie ever! The cat looked so fake! I actually fell asleep at the end of this movie! There is nothing offensive in this movie exept for an unessecary d*mn.

Other Info: None

Movie: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Christian rating: 4

Comments: Very good movie! Great action and adventure. It takes place in Napoleons time and it's about an English ship who is attacked by a French ship who damages the ship but does not sink it. The English ship then chases the French ship and there is a great battle scene at the end. There are also a lot of Christian references.

This movie is PG-13 and for a good reason! There is a lot of violence (bloody sometimes but nothing horribly graphic) and some brief bad language. The language is the only thing that made me give it a Christian rating of 4 instead of 5.

Other info: None

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban.

Christian rating(s): 4,4,5

Overall rating: B-, C, A+

Comments: Stone was ok. Not as good as the book but still just ok. Nothing offensive in this movie exept some brief mild language. I give it a B.

Chamber was not that great so it earned a C. Again nothing offensive in this movie except some brief mild language.

Azkaban was the best out of them all! The new director did a great job! No language or anything in this one so it earns an A+! I can't wait for Goblet of Fire to come out!

I am not offended by the use of magic in these movie since it is a fantasy movie and is not supposed to be real or taken seriously.

Other info: None

Movie: Elf

Overall: -A

Comments: Other than the language and somewhat rude humor I believe this to be a funny movie. It's about a human raised by Santa's elves who is introduced to the real world. It's all about clueless :huh: humor, and I like it!

Other: None.

Movie: Spongebob Squarepants

Overall Rating: A

Comments: Very funny! I recommend this to any Spongebob fan! It hardly contains any crude humor (exept showing Patricks bare butt but that was hilarious!).

Other: None

Movie: Around the World In 80 Days

Overall: +B

Comments: Other than the mild language and crude humor, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's based on a book by Jules Verne; and they did a good job of keeping it a comedy and still keeping the facts straight. The Jackie Chan fighting sequences were the best parts of the whole movie.

Other Comments: None.

Movie Name: Saved!

Christian rating: N/A

Overall rating: B+

Recommended age range: 11 and up

Comments: I did not know how to rate this movie as a Christian movie. I loved it, but it is VERY controversial. I live in the Bay Area and people at my Church loved it, but I can not see my Christian cousins in San Diego using copies of the DVD in their fireplace. This is a movie about a girl named Mary (Jenna Malone) who has sex with her gay boyfriend because she thought Jesus wanted her to do that in order to save him from homosexuality. She later gets pregnant and becomes friends with the sac-religious chain-smoking Jewish girl at school and her life slowly falls apart. I think you have to see the movie to decide if you like it.

Other info: PG-13

(maybe someone else could do the Christian rating instead)

Movie: Finding Neverland

Christian Rating: 5

Comments: Awsome! Johnny Depp does a great job in this movie! Nothing offensive in this movie but some children may be disturbed by some of the themes (AKA mother dieing).

Other info: It says Rated PG for: Mild Thematic Elements and brief language. I never caught any of the language.

Movie: The Terminal

Rating: -A

Christian Rating: -4

Comments: I like'd it. Without the comments and swear words, it was an overall good movie. It's one of those movies where you wanna say, "I'm gonna kill that security guard!" It's about this man from Krakozhia, who goes to New York. He gets off the plane and his country immediately goes into war. So, he cannot go back. But, he cannot go into the U.S. So, he lives in the airport. It's a very good movie.

Other: None.

i like most of your ratings .. but i dont understand how u say that Shrek isnt very good b/c of fart jokes .. yet Harry Potter using magic is fine? I think God would rather have someone joke about farting (someting natural) than black magic .. just my 2 cents tho