Sign in to follow this  
proud_orthodox_guy

Movie Reviews

No, I rated Shrek bad because I didn't like it very much.It was just ok in my opinion. I changed the Christian rating because it is actually a lot cleaner of comedys these days.

Harry Potter 1 and 2 did not get very good overall ratings but they were fine Christian wise other than language. The magic is no worse than Lord of the Rings and yes fantasy magic is put in a good light in LOTR since Gandalf was a good Wizard. Harry Potter is not ment to be taken seriously and just because stupid Harry Potter obsessed freaks try to actually do magic doesn't make the books bad. None of the spells are real spells. They are not meant to tell kids to try and do magic.

However you are entitled to your opinion and I am just stating mine :) Please nobody (I'm not speaking directly to you Lacecase, a lot of people would take this chance to turn this into a debate) change this into a debate or I will be forced to delete the debate posts :)

Movie: A Bugs Life

Christian Rating: 5

Overall Rating: A+

Comments: Awsome! I love this movie! It's clean, it's funny, and moving at parts. No offensive content, perfect for the whole family (exept if the little ones are super sensitive)!

Other: None

Movie: Spider Man

Christian Rating: 4

Overall Rating: A

Comments: Awsome movie! Great SFX and plot! I've always loved Spider Man ever since I had this little action figure of him when I was 4 or 5.

Nothing too offensive in this movie. There was some mild language but nothing horrible.

The PG-13 rating was for a reason! There is a lot of action violence in this movie! Hardly any blood is shown.

Movie: Spider Man 2

Comments: Once again Sam Raimi has brought us another awsome web slinging action adventure flick! Great plot and storyline. I can't wait for number 3!

Nothing too offensive in this movie other than a bit of language. Nothing horrible.

Again, the PG-13 was well earned! This was a bit more intense action wise than number 1! No blood is shown though.

"Meet the Fockers"

Christian rating: 2

The overall ratings: C

Recommended age range: 14 and older.

Comments: This movie was way more vulgar than I thought it would be. I enjoyed the first movie "Meet the Parents." But this one stepped way over the boundary lines to try and be funny. There is a lot of filthy language and lots of "sexual content." It was funny but in a gross kind of way. If I had to, I wouldn't have seen it in the first place.

Movie: Apocalypse now

Christian Rating: 1

Comments: Phenomanal film with excellent acting good choices by the director however very brutal and at times disturbing the original Apocalypse now is the best version the new edition sucks see the original.

Other:Not recommended for sensitive Christians

Movie: Scarface

Christian Rating: 1

Comments: About 200+ f words 11 sexual profanity 150 other profanity words drugs including cocaine is shown beyond anything including people doing it nudity and violence including cutting of the guys skull. Well its something very Christian like j/k. However it has some good lessons.

Other: kids dont do drugs

Movie: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Christian Rating: 4 (In my book, 5)

Overall Rating: A- (In my book +)

Comments: In my personal opinion, I thought this movie was great. Wonderful characters and actors, an on-the-edge-of-your-seat plot, and great overall filming. (Lighting, sets, props,etc.) However, I know some have frowned on the movie because of it's dark and depressing story line. There are some really positive elements though like how the Baudelaire orphans always are there to take care of eachother and perseverence is encouraged.

Other: I wouldn't remmond taking anyone under the age of maybe 7, to see this movie. It's got some scary moments and dark scenes.

Movie: Darby O Gill and the Little People

Christian rating: 5

MPAA rating: G

Comments: Awsome very funny movie about a guy named Darby O Gill who captures the king of the leprechauns. Awsome special effects for a 50's Disney movie! I recommend it for the whole family! Nothing offensive in this film.

Other:

Caution: Some smaller kids may be scared by some things at the end of this movie.

Movie: The Village

Overall: +A (in my opinion)

Comments: I loved this movie! As a matter of fact, the day after I saw it, I watched it again! I do that with very few movies. I can't say what I wanted to 'cause that would be giving it away. If you liked The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and/or Signs then this would be a great movie to watch. I loved it.

Movie: Signs

MPAA rating: PG-13

Comments: Very good movie! Lots of suspense! This guy does awsome at doing creepy stuff! The only offensive thing was some language. Nothing else ;) Really recommended!

Movie: Never Cry Wolf

Christian rating: 5

MPAA Rating: PG

Comments: Really great movie. I really recommend it! I give it a 5 for christian rating BUT some people may be partially offended by some slight, NON SEXUAL butt nudity of the main character (who is male) and would have given it a 4.

Movie: Belleville Rondevious (The Triplettes of Belleville)

Christian rating: 3.5

MPAA Rating: PG-13

Comments: Very good movie with awsome animation and and a great storyline. Most of it is in French but it is very easy to understand what is happening because there is very little dialogue. I have seen this movie many times and really like it.

WARNING: This movie, even though it is animated, IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL DISNEY FAMILY FRIENDLY MOVIE. It is mostly geared towards teens and adults. There is some cartoonish frontal female nudity (which automatically got it the PG-13 rating), some crude humor, and some non gory violence. NOT for younger kids. Recommended for ages 13 and up.

Originally posted by proud_orthodox_guy@Jan 14 2005, 12:11 PM

Movie: Signs

MPAA rating: PG-13

Comments: Very good movie! Lots of suspense! This guy does awsome at doing creepy stuff! The only offensive thing was some language. Nothing else ;) Really recommended!

I loved Signs. It taught a good lesson to us all..

Movie: National Treassure

Christian=4+

Overall=5

Comments: Good movie to enjoy with the family. Not a cuss word in sight. Many ppl liked it to cause it was good for everyone.

Other:*to anyone that has seen it* Riley is hilarious!

The Bourne Supremacy

Christian Rating 2

Overall Rating C-

Recommended age range 13+

This movie had a lot of violence and bloodshed in it. The characters saw nothing wrong will killing each other using many methods of doing it. Not a movie recommended for younger children