Skywatcher

Get to know you better

I'm actually not sure, probably Roald Dahl books (not a single book)?

What was your favourite book as a child? 

I was pretty into Ronald Dahl as well, have a big collection of his books. My favourite book of his was probably The Twits.

What piece of media (book, game, song, etc.) has left the biggest impact on you?

I'd have to say The Sound of Music (1965). It's my favorite movie, my favorite musical, my favorite movie adaption of a musical/musical movie, the first musical I ever saw (the movie, not the stage version), the first musical that I got really into listening to the soundtrack/cast recording (when I was preschool age), and one of the first movies that I ever watched that I still have early memories of watching. 

Who is your favorite YouTuber?

Stuck between two. I like to watch DeadwingDork mainly. He does streams where he talks about weird internet garbage. I like listening to him as background noise. If we're talking more "traditional" YouTube videos rather than streaming, probably Internet Historian, who basically does the same thing but more condensed and purposefully comedic

If you had to explain to an alien what art is, what would you personally show them?

I don't know. Art as in painting, drawing, and sculpting? Or art more generally? For the second case, maybe I'd have them listen to the Hamilton cast recording because of how well it melds music and lyrics together.

Where is the farthest you've ever been to on vacation?

Paris probably, though it was technically a school trip more than a vacation I suppose. Other than that, the farthest we've gone is just Cork, down in the south of Ireland

You get one, no strings attached wish for anything you want (besides complete world peace), what do you wish for?

I don't know. There are so many worthwhile things. I guess I'll go with the end of the US Military-Industrial Complex and US Imperialism through foreign policy.

What is a kind of food/dish/meal that you've never eaten but would be interested in eating?

Swan. Idk how it is anywhere else, but I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that only the queen can legally eat swan (either that's a myth or some old law that's never been changed). That tells me that either swan is the most delicious thing ever and the queen wants it to herself or it is so absolutely vile that she felt obligated to sacrifice herself so others need not endure it. Either way, it sounds interesting.

What is a profession that you have a great deal of interest and/or respect for, but you would never dream of doing yourself?

Law enforcement, police officers. I used to dream of being one but slowly I realized I would NEVER be mentally prepared to become one and I instead turned to chase the practices of art and writing, which I am currently pursuing!

What's your opinion on mixing in cliches with original ideas?

Edited by Bubby Aurora
worded some stuff wrong, curse my idiot brain

It's borderline unavoidable. No idea is wholly original and clichés end up popping up in some way. In fact, with the right handling, clichés can kind of be a good thing, there are plenty of stories that take advantage of the fact they're cliché to either poke fun at something or to convey some kind of message. And that's usually where the originality comes in, in how the writer/author/artist/whatever interprets and presents the cliché in a way only they can

Did you ever have someone, be they family or celebrity or whatever, who you considered a role model?

I have many role models! Talented animators such as Roxxie and Wingedwolf94, big YouTubers such as DanTDM, and even close friends with some nice art skills are all role models of mine. When I find someone who is kind or good at art, I tend to look at them and analyze what they’re doing right and try to learn from that. After all, to be like your role model you need to learn from them!

Have you ever met someone who is super talented and friendly but deep down is a horrible person?

Don't think I've personally met anyone like that (I don't meet a lot of people to be fair lol). I mean, it's definitely been the case where a musician or voice actor or YouTuber of some kind I once enjoyed ends up being a pretty terrible person, but as for meeting them myself, I have been lucky enough for that not to happen.

Did you have a favourite childhood toy growing up?