Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My Bible study lesson on Integrity

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

randomskill

randomskill

Member - 1Ker

• 1,186 posts
This is the Bible study I made for a Bible study that I'm in on Wednesday nights.
Everyweek a different student leads the it, this week it was my turn.
The lesson is on Integrity.
I thought I would post it here so that you could read this, these were just my notes, but maybe you will still be able to learn something from it.

God Bless you all,

Definition - Integrity
1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
2. The state of being unimpaired; soundness.
3. The quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness.

Etymology - Integrity
c.1450, "wholeness, perfect condition," from O.Fr. integrité, from L. integritatem (nom. integritas) "soundness, wholeness," from integer "whole" (see integer). Sense of "uncorrupted virtue" is from 1548.

Integer
1508, "whole, entire" (adj.), from L. integer "whole," lit. "intact, untouched," from in- "not" + root of tangere "to touch" (see tangent). Noun meaning "a whole number" (opposed to fraction) first recorded 1571.

Latin Phrases concerning Integrity

Main Entry: in•te•ger vi•tae sce•le•ris•que pu•rus
Pronunciation: "in-te-"ger-'wE-"tI-"ske-le-'ris-kwe-'pü-rus
Etymology: Latin
: upright of life and free from wickedness
…concerning tangent
Main Entry: no•li me tan•ge•re
Pronunciation: "nO-lE-(")mE-'tan-j&-rE,
Etymology: Latin, do not touch me; from Jesus' words to Mary Magdalene (John 20:17)
: a warning against touching or interference

What integrity means - In a sense Integrity is a word that means completely separate from, or untouched by evil.

Bible Verses about Integrity
• 1 Kings 9:4
"As for you, if you walk before me in integrity of heart and uprightness, as David your father did, and do all I command and observe my decrees and laws,
• 1 Chronicles 29:17
I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.
• Nehemiah 7:2
I put in charge of Jerusalem my brother Hanani, along with [ Or Hanani, that is , ] Hananiah the commander of the citadel, because he was a man of integrity and feared God more than most men do.
• Job 2:3
Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity
• Psalm 7:8
let the LORD judge the peoples. Judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, according to my integrity, O Most High.
• Psalm 25:21
May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.
• Psalm 41:12
In my integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever.
• Proverbs 10:9
The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.
• Proverbs 11:3
The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity.
• Proverbs 13:6
Righteousness guards the man of integrity, but wickedness overthrows the sinner.
• Proverbs 17:26
It is not good to punish an innocent man, or to flog officials for their integrity.
• Mark 12:14
They came to him and said, "Teacher, we know you are a man of integrity. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth.
• Titus 2:7
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness
• 1 John 2:5-6
5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Hardships of Integrity

• Proverbs 29:10 (Whole Chapter)
Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity and seek to kill the upright.

Lessons to Learn
A man of integrity is wholly for God and against evil.
Integrity is not always obvious, or noticed by others.
Sometimes it’s about what we don’t do that makes us people of integrity.

What does integrity mean in everyday life?
Standing up for God, standing up for what is right - where you work, where you go to school, at home.
Trying not to give into the temptations of everyday life – music, movies, drugs, people.
Choosing what God wants over what we want.

Remember, No one is perfect

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die... (Ezekiel 33:11)

The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (II Peter 3:9)

God loves us no matter what

For God so loved the world, that he gave his ONLY BEGOTTEN Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Christ died for the ungodly. (Romans 5:6)

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

enigma90

enigma90

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
thanks for sharing this...its a blessing...Never thought that integrity was not obvious to other people heh

mustardseed

mustardseed

Experienced Fellow

• 160 posts
Thank you for taking the time to share this, it's nice! :)
<div align="center">- A thankful heart is a happy heart -</div>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users