Quotable Quotes

I like a lot of Albert Einstein Quotes:

"God does not play dice."

"If God created the world, His primary concern was certainly not to make its understanding easy for us."

"I want to know how God created the world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the

spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details."

"Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control.

It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, cosmic dust, we all

dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by a mysterious player."

These are just a few I'd already typed up on my computer, there are better ones, but I'm just being lazy. I recently just bought a book full of them. :rolleyes:

I like funny quotes

Mines are the best naturally

"Wisdom is that thing you get after the event you needed it in occurs. If you are sitting there thinking "If only there was an almighty deity who has eternality and so can tell us the wisdom we need before the event occurs, or even better wisdom due to his divinity"...then you are on the right track"

" I hate how motivational speakers talk about "getting out of the box". my answer is to just make your box infinatly huge"

"Alot of christians seem to think love is an action. But when I ask them to show me what this action actually looks like they either 1. stand there confused and rethinking their idea or 2. lets just say my relationship with that person suddenly becomes a whole lot more complicated."

"One should guard against preaching to young people success in the customary form as the main aim in life.The most important motive for work in school and in life is pleasure in work, pleasure in its result, and the knowledge of the value of the result to the community." -Albert Einstein

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." -Albert Einstein

"Bravery is being aware of your humanity and acknowledging you're scared and still getting on and making decisions to do things. I've seen first-hand extreme bravery from people from the army and high mountains, and we're all like grapes. If you squeeze us you'll see what we're really made of."- Bear Grylls

“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”- Aleister Crowley

"You wonder why people choose fields away from the States when young people at home are drifting because no one wants to take time to listen to their problems. Ill tell you why I left. Because those Stateside young people have every opportunity to study, hear, and understand the Word of God in their own language, and these Indians have no opportunity whatsoever. I have had to make a cross of two logs, and lie down on it, to show the Indians what it means to crucify a man. When there is that much ignorance over here and so much knowledge and opportunity over there, I have no question in my mind why God sent me here. Those whimpering Stateside young people will wake up on the Day of Judgment condemned to worse fates than these demon-fearing Indians, because, having a Bible, they were bored with it---while these never heard of such a thing as writing."

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

"God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life, that I may burn for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one, like You, Lord Jesus."

These are three of my favs.. There's more but I'll put them up later

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

Ambrose Redmoon

"Dance is the hidden language of the soul."

Martha Graham

"The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word."

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us."

Marianne Williamson

"You can not perform in the dance of Life without a really good stage!"

"Enter With the mind of a Master;leave one step closer to your dream" As quoted by Greg Gonzales

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."[/b]

lol, that's on the princess diaries...

i got this from a Christian book:

"Good, better, best,

Never let it rest

Until your good is better,

And your better best."

"That passed in time, this too shall pass"

"Yes, it's true then that life is good,

And I've learned the lesson it can teach,

That you can never have all you want,

And you never want what's within reach"

-Dimiter's Daughter. I don't know who wrote it.

"That's just the way it is." -my mom

"Silence is the perfectest herald of joy"

-Claudio, William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing

"Put your courage to the sticking place"

-Lady Macbeth, Shakespeare's Macbeth

"some said this day would never come, what have they to say now?"

-Halo

lol....

oh, and you guys are probably sick of all my quotes on God, so i will let them rest.

"One day my prince will come, mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is to stubborn to ask for directions"

"Before you criticize somone. you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes"

"I ran into my ex the other day... then I put it in reverse and Hit him again"

"Just remember you are unique. Just like everyone else!"

"Judge me all you want but keep the verdict to yourself"

"Whenever I hear any one arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." -Abraham Lincoln

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly." -Abraham Lincoln

"The good Lord gave us mountains so we can learn how to climb."

- Lonestar in their song "Mountains"

"All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent."

-David Ross Brower

"Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong."

-James Leo Herlihy

"Truth exists, only falsehood has to be invented."

-George Braque

"When a man's willing and eager, God joins in."

"You can't dodge your responsibilities by saying they don't exist."

-Douglas Noel Adams