Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Kissing.......does God like it?..... and is it wrong in God's eyes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

dimples08amor

dimples08amor

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm new to this site, so hello viewers and thank you for being interested and helping me with this inquiry!!! I am a very headstrong Christian, and I'm staying abstinent until my honeymoon night(lol!) Well, I have a boyfriend and we kiss(not too often, but regularly.)I know how far is too far. We know our limit(no sex) and I just want to know your views on kissing your bf/gf, and whether or not it is wrong. Comments, suggestions, Bible verses, etc. are all welcome. Thanks in advance, and God bless you!!
Hola, I'm Brianna; Dimples or Bri Bri to most of my friends. I just turned 13 and I'm from IL. I absolutely love JESUS!! Volleyball, basketball, singing, and reading are my anti-drugs. God bless you!! Smile, God loves you......unconditionally!!! =)
Psalm 56:3-4

Pointer

Pointer

Member - 5Ker

• 6,310 posts
I don't think its wrong. Most of the time its expected in relationships. I feel this is really to be left up to the individuals involved. I don't think God considers kissing or making out wrong. Limits are needed though. Making out can often lead to more sexually explicit situations (feeling around etc...) but if you know your limits and can hold them, and you aren't lusting after your partner/boyfriend/girlfriend, then I think you're good. I see no scriptural references to kissing or making out being sinful or wrong. Just know your limits, and respect others around you. (no PDA!)
-Chad

... your signature was so boring! Don't worry tho, I fixed it for you with this pretty purple tag! You can thank me later! ~Haley<3

littledubbs

littledubbs

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
As Let my life song sing mentioned, the Bible doesn't have anything to say about kissing. However, I think that before being involved in a relationship, it is be best to have a set of guidelines for yourself that indicate how far is too far. Then, once you're in a relationship or just prior to entering into one, it is best to compare ideas and set boundaries for the relationship that fit both your standers and your partner's standards. Of course, if you're already in a relationship, this doesn't really pertain much to you. For me (who is not in a relationship), I do not plan on kissing anybody who I am dating - the first woman I kiss will be my wife at my wedding. (Just for the record, I have kissed my mom before, but that's not exactly the kind of kissing that I'm talking about.) I wouldn't consider kissing a boyfriend/girlfriend to be wrong; kissing is just something that I would like to save for my wife.

Also, I think that it would be best if you have more boundaries in your relationship other than just to refrain from having sex. I'm not sure if you do or do not, but from what you said, it sounded as if that may be your only boundary.

JAG

JAG

Member - 10Ker

• 12,046 posts
kissing is a sign of trust.

That is why when Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss it was so ironic.
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."
- C.S. Lewis -

One with Him

One with Him

Member - Wise One

• 772 posts
The bible says that it is holy and undefiled as long as it is within a marrage... there is a story of a girl who wanted to stay a vergin untel she got married, but one day while she was kissing her boyfriend things got out of hand and they sleep together she sayed after it happened she felt so dirty... no matter how many times she took a shower she still felt the dirtyness.

P.S. she was a strong Christian.

<div align='center'>
Posted Image

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
John 15:13
</div>

dimples08amor

dimples08amor

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for all the replies, everyone!!! Each one has opened my eyes to new things. Also, I wanted to comment on littledubbs's comment: my only restraint isn't just for not having sex while kissing my boyfriend;anything sexual(oral,anal,touching and feeling)is prohibited. I just had to make that clear, any and everything sexual that I will do will be done with my future husband.
Hola, I'm Brianna; Dimples or Bri Bri to most of my friends. I just turned 13 and I'm from IL. I absolutely love JESUS!! Volleyball, basketball, singing, and reading are my anti-drugs. God bless you!! Smile, God loves you......unconditionally!!! =)

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Member - 1Ker

• 1,450 posts

The bible says that it is holy and undefiled as long as it is within a marrage... there is a story of a girl who wanted to stay a vergin untel she got married, but one day while she was kissing her boyfriend things got out of hand and they sleep together she sayed after it happened she felt so dirty... no matter how many times she took a shower she still felt the dirtyness.

P.S. she was a strong Christian.[/b]

OT, I guess she wasn't that strong.

I think kissing, being close, etc. is all fine and dandy. Good you have boundaries set, have you sat down with your boyfriend and made them very clear with him agreeing?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

[Brad822]7:25 pm: holy cow!!
[MetalFaith] 7:25 pm: SACRAFICIAL COW.
[Brad822] 7:25 pm: Great were gonna have tornado weather again
nowbeginsforever just imagined cows being blown into trees.
MetalFaith imagined cows with Pope hats.
[nowbeginsforever] 7:26 pm: Maybe cows with Pope hats being blown into trees in Rome?
[MetalFaith] 7:27 pm: Wonder if Sam's Club sells bulk Pope hats.

/sign'd James

Arron Cook

Arron Cook

Accomplished Poster

• 457 posts
Hey,

Far be it from me to be someone elses' conscience, but I think one of the wisest things a Christian believer can do is look at the motivations of their heart, not only in circumstances of romantic relationships, but in all things. If you kiss, why do you? Is it a sign of love/affection, or a passionate and lustful desire? Jesus taught us that is not what goes into us (He was talking about food, but it applies to most things I've found) that makes us sinful, but what comes out of our hearts.

Simply test your motivations and remember to obey the limits the Bible sets.

Yours in His name,

Arron

P.S. Welcome to CTF :)
Posted Image

Brother Arron's Blog
Law Grace Radio -- Arron's job. Tune in Weekdays!

Saori

Saori

Experienced Fellow

• 113 posts
I completely agree with Arron Cook. Well, I don't now much about kissing and this kind of stuff, but what he said makes a lot of sense to me.
I just wanr\ted to say hallo to everybody. I am new here too. And well i just became Christian not too long ago.
:)

Teen4Christ0810

Teen4Christ0810

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am struggling with a similiar problem with my fairly new gf...we havent really kissed but I think she is kind of expecting it soon. I think as long as the intentions are not of sin or lust it is ok in my opinion...but it is deffinently a personal decision. Hope this helps...good luck

dimples08amor

dimples08amor

• Pip
  • 7 posts

OT, I guess she wasn't that strong.

I think kissing, being close, etc. is all fine and dandy. Good you have boundaries set, have you sat down with your boyfriend and made them very clear with him agreeing?[/b]

Yes, I have, so we have nothing to worry about. He agrees and understands and is all for it.

zigidy

zigidy

Experienced Fellow

• 115 posts

I'm new to this site, so hello viewers and thank you for being interested and helping me with this inquiry!!! I am a very headstrong Christian, and I'm staying abstinent until my honeymoon night(lol!) Well, I have a boyfriend and we kiss(not too often, but regularly.)I know how far is too far. We know our limit(no sex) and I just want to know your views on kissing your bf/gf, and whether or not it is wrong. Comments, suggestions, Bible verses, etc. are all welcome. Thanks in advance, and God bless you!![/b]

i don't agree with the part where you say that you have your limits..it's as though you mean that everything else is good to go as long as you don't have sex..i liken it to touching a fire and not expecting to get burnt..it's ridiculous..you'll want to go further and you'll end up progressing down the ladder..it's human nature that we don't stay at one level for long we'll always want to go to a higher level...i agree that you may know your limits but lets be practical here you may drift away without realizing..

jesusfreak2726

jesusfreak2726

Member - Wise One

• 687 posts
I don't see anything wrong with kissing as long as with what Aaron said it's done with the right mindset. If kissing leaves you lusting for more, even if you don't act on it you have committed adultery with your gf/bf in your heart. Even consensual sex between a husband and wife could be sin if the wrong things are going through their minds (hopefully that makes sense.) I definitely think from what you have said that you won't have much problem keeping your goal. But you can never be too careful, you need to seek God's aid and be ready for any situation the Devil will throw at you.

<div align="center">In Christ Alone, My hope is found. He is my light, my strength my song. This Cornerstone, this Solid Ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.</div>email me at jesusfreak2726@yahoo.com

tessa_s212

tessa_s212

Member - 1Ker

• 2,088 posts
I don't see anything wrong with it, so long as your heart is in teh right place. I do admit, on rare occasion I may kiss my boyfriend a bit playfully/lustfully, not out of pure love and show of affection, however so long as you have boundaries even this I feel is a normal part of any relationship.

My boyfriend and I did actually get too involved in kissing, and soon making out. We were simply just getting too involved, too tempted, and his hands started roaming,.. we talked about it maturely, and we decided from taht day on not to do any of that again. It was too much, too fast, and it was not the pure, lovign relatinship based off of friendship and companionship that we wanted. We have not done anythign bad at all since, and have seemed to have fallen in love all over again. A small peck on the lips can get my stomach turning and twisting, butterflies like crazy. Heck, him even just taking my hand and holding it can get me feeling all thsoe wonderful in love feelings.

For me, the question isn't as much as if it is right or wrong, but a matter of if it is necessary. If you are not yet married, why even get involved to omuch in that stuff? Why not focus on the deep friendship isntead? SOOO much more rewarding.
The Voice of Reason

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance it is the illusion of knowledge.
-- Daniel J. Boorstin

jesusourbanner

jesusourbanner

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
well, in my opinion i think kissing is wrong (if it's lips to lips) not that i've been in a relationship. you know when the quote 'you may kiss the bride' comes; it's when the married couple are supposed get their first kiss. imagine an ex kissing another with the same lips. when it goes to getting a boyfriend, you have to think 'is this the guy i'm going to get married to?' if it's not how you would like, don't take it. before getting a boyfriend, he have to be a friend, get to know him first or else dumping will happen by the next day. when getting a boyfriend, you're ready to leave things behind; you finished education, you're available (except for family and friends stuff), etc. take your relationship seriously.

tessa_s212

tessa_s212

Member - 1Ker

• 2,088 posts

well, in my opinion i think kissing is wrong (if it's lips to lips) not that i've been in a relationship. you know when the quote 'you may kiss the bride' comes; it's when the married couple are supposed get their first kiss. imagine an ex kissing another with the same lips. when it goes to getting a boyfriend, you have to think 'is this the guy i'm going to get married to?' if it's not how you would like, don't take it. before getting a boyfriend, he have to be a friend, get to know him first or else dumping will happen by the next day. when getting a boyfriend, you're ready to leave things behind; you finished education, you're available (except for family and friends stuff), etc. take your relationship seriously.[/b]

You seriously believe people should wait until their marriage day to get their first kiss? I'm not sure I've heard anything as funny or ludicrous.

The Voice of Reason

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance it is the illusion of knowledge.
-- Daniel J. Boorstin

BibleGirl2007

BibleGirl2007

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I think everything should save their selves for marriage kissing,hugging,holding hands you get my point
The world today has taken away from the sacredness of marriage I mean you hardly ever hear of anyone
saving their first kiss for marriage anymore.It's just unheard of,I think it's neat when a bride and groom save their selves for each other its just special, knowing that they saved theirselves just for you.You have to admit thats so romantic.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
Prov 3:5-6 KJV

Called Out

Called Out

Accomplished Poster

• 448 posts
NO...i dont think its wrong. You have to be able to trust the other person...and kissing is a symbol of your trust to them.
Wear the armor of God, as truth as a breastplate.
Hold faith as a shield, to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Take the Helmet of salvation,
along with the Sword of Spririt, which is the word of God

We are warriors of the Kingdom of God.
Are you ready for Battle?

Zac4Christ

Zac4Christ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Nope it's not wrong. Just have some limits set so you don't go too far.
Posted Image

Schecter

Schecter

Experienced Fellow

• 188 posts
It's not wrong as long as it doesn't lead to a premarital sexual relationship. That's just my opinion. I've kissed almost all of my girlfriends, and I've never had ANY sexual activity or thoughts about my partner. So, I see no problems with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users