chuck

"Pot"

POT  

1. 1. POT

• No way!
    • Its not that bad but you shouldn't do it
    • Its not that bad if you only use it once in awhile
    • It should be just as legal as beer and cigarettes

I have used that verse in my youth group when asked to give scripture that saids using marijuana is wrong. They simply reply the verse saids nothing about getting high only not to get drunk. Bottom line when you want to do something you will find away to justify doing it.[/b]

I would then ask them why we're not suppose to get drunk. We're not suppose to get drunk because it affects our minds in a big way. Pot does the same thing.

I would then ask them why we're not suppose to get drunk. We're not suppose to get drunk because it affects our minds in a big way. Pot does the same thing.[/b]

Actually, I'd've used 1 Peter 5:8 as a defense over trying to picture it in between the lines. (Be sober;be viligent, for your adversary, the devil, is as a roaring lion, walking about seeking whom he may devour.) Cause without that verse it can easily be refuted if the person is really trying to justify the behavior that weed isn't as bad for you nor your mind(which is a fact) as alcohol. Though I guess so long as you don't justify it for the person it works.

No way,

first..it's ponitless to get high or whatever

second.. what would jesus do?[/b]

Amen! I don't think Jesus would smoke pot. Just a guess though. :P

Problem is when someone wants to do something they "reason" out why its ok to do it. In my case with the youth in my group she has been influenced by her boyfriend and those he hangs with. On top of this the situation is her parents have grounded her from him and alot of activities because of actions she made the choice to do, I agree with the punishment that her parents dealt out for what she did and was doing, but I believe her p'd off with them also attributes to her trying even that much harder to side with her boyfriend and his friends attitude to pot and other things. What do you all think?

honestly..the only reason why pot and other illegal drugs AREN'T legal, is cause the government doesnt make any money off them..but the taxes on cigs and beer goes to the government, thats why they are legal.

I don't smoke pot, but I really don't think it's that terrible. Personal choice, if someone enjoys it, good for them as long as it isn't an everyday thing that affects their lives tremendously.