Sign in to follow this  
EcoErin

'Posting' Pet Peeves

Others' Pet Peeves Bother Me:  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Others' Pet Peeves Bother Me:

So, I figure others out there might like to What are some things that bother you about how people post?

Grammar? Type-os? Spelling? Punctuation? Being purposely inflammatory? Misleading others with topic titles? Not reading before responding? (Oops, I wasn't going to mention any of my pet peeves...)

One of my Pet peeves is going into a debate where someone, and i have done this before, will post an opinion and not at least post on scripture.

I have done it before, but will try never do it again.

^Hahaha...I love smilies. :lol:

Grammar? Type-os? Spelling? Punctuation? Being purposely inflammatory? Misleading others with topic titles? Not reading before responding? (Oops, I wasn't going to mention any of my pet peeves...)[/b]

All of those times...a billion; I'm not even joking. As resident grammar nazi, I must say that these are my biggest pet peeves. It seriously bothers me when people don't capitalize words [especially the word "I"], when they put apostrophes in weird places [seriously "wan't" is not a word. It's "want"], and careless spelling errors. I understand if you spell "apostrophes" wrong, it's not the easiest word to spell. But you should not have trouble with the word "the" or "they" or any other word like that. And if for some reason you do, I have two words for you: Microsoft Word. And don't get me started on chatspeak. That's only appropriate in chatrooms...and even then I despise it.

Alright...I'll stop now.

I don't like it either when people spell things wrong. Capitalization and punctuation are not so bad, as long as you can still understand what the person is saying. I hate it when people name their topic as something like: "YOU'VE GOTTA READ THIS!!!", because it makes me think, "It doesn't even say what it's about... should I read it? Is that going to be a waste of my time? ..."

By the way, I looooooooooove smilies! ;):P:):clap: :clown: Woohoo!

Spelling and Typos.. Grammar can bug me sometimes...

I really don't like when posts become hostile. It makes me all uptight and stressed out. I also don't like when people quote you for the intention to attack you in a hostile way.

Chatroom chat bugs me too. I don't like that acronyms!

I love the smilies. :clap::D:lol::):punk::P

One of my Pet peeves is going into a debate where someone, and i have done this before, will post an opinion and not at least post on scripture.

I have done it before, but will try never do it again.[/b]

Amen! I mean if you are debating at least back up what you are saying with scripture!

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people go "oh my gosh l1ke i was at my frnds door and i sed i c u in the wndw n he ws l1ke oops sry but i hve no clu wot ths is abt" I mean, a few spelling errors in a post is one thing, but EVERY OTHER WORD??? Also when people title their thread with YOU HAVE TO READ THIS or something similar. No, I don't have to read this. Another is when people misspell definitely. That one always gets me. And when people have no point to their post, or it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I understand threadjacks happen, but they usually go off on tangents, not just some random comment. I can handle acronyms pretty well though, as long as they're well known and not ILTMRLABITTMMHETTRMMLS (I like to make really long acronyms because I think they make me hip even though they really make me look stupid). Another thing that bugs me is debaters that repeat the same thing over and over again, and just skirt your question. The final thing that bugs me is when people have a huge chunk of text with no whitespace. The only thing that's worse is the same thing with spelling and capitalization errors. If you put whitespace in your post every other line or so, do capitalization however you want. If you have it in a single block, capitalize properly or I won't read it

Unfortunately for me, Steph said it all. Man! And I so wanted to rant!!

Another thing, for those people who constantly misspell, use Firefox! It has a spell checker! ^_^

Posting pet peeve....finally....

My biggest one is when people jump down your throat on an issue. Everyone assumes that because you start a topic, you support it. I start topics to see what people think about it....i dont necessarily support it. It drives me insane when so many people judge and have to always be right when posting. There isnt compromising or anything. Many people on here just cant accept another view point on an issue.

It drives me insane when so many people judge and have to always be right when posting. There isnt compromising or anything. Many people on here just cant accept another view point on an issue.[/b]

me too...

Oh, I also dislike when people fail to acknowledge you in a thread, especially in a debate. <_<[/b]

ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, I wish people would at least TELL me why they're ignoring me!!!! Do I write too much? What's the deal????? (Incidentally if anyone wants to go to my profile and check out my posts and offer insight into why I'm so constantly IGNORED... I'd be appreciative ;)

My biggest one is when people jump down your throat on an issue. I start topics to see what people think about it....i dont necessarily support it. It drives me insane when so many people judge and have to always be right when posting.[/b]

Yep. Me too. I wish we could make a rule: DO NOT ENTER DEBATES unless you are willing to be civil and at least consider the other person's point.

my biggest pet peeve when posting on forums...when People capitalize Unnecessary words in Sentences like i'm doing right Now.

GAHTHATDRIVESMEUPTHEWALL. :wallbash:

edit: spelled capitalize "capitaliza"...im not I-talian. :D

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people go "oh my gosh l1ke i was at my frnds door and i sed i c u in the wndw n he ws l1ke oops sry but i hve no clu wot ths is abt" I mean, a few spelling errors in a post is one thing, but EVERY OTHER WORD??? Also when people title their thread with YOU HAVE TO READ THIS or something similar. No, I don't have to read this. Another is when people misspell definitely. That one always gets me. And when people have no point to their post, or it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I understand threadjacks happen, but they usually go off on tangents, not just some random comment. I can handle acronyms pretty well though, as long as they're well known and not ILTMRLABITTMMHETTRMMLS (I like to make really long acronyms because I think they make me hip even though they really make me look stupid). Another thing that bugs me is debaters that repeat the same thing over and over again, and just skirt your question. The final thing that bugs me is when people have a huge chunk of text with no whitespace. The only thing that's worse is the same thing with spelling and capitalization errors. If you put whitespace in your post every other line or so, do capitalization however you want. If you have it in a single block, capitalize properly or I won't read it[/b]
Ya. What they said ^_^

let's see...

1.) rAndOM cApitalIzATIon iN WoRdS

2.) spleling mistakes/typoes (YES that was on purpose)

3.) overloaded :gossip: use :lamo: of :excl: smilies! :roflol: :alien: :yucky: :yinyang: :angry2: :blush: :closedeyes: :glare: :wink2: :wink_kiss: :xmas: :yawn: :yes: :ninja: !!!!!! ACK!!!

4.) when people, like, type, um, like how they, um, talk, like, it's so annoying

5.) wHEN pEOPLE dO tHIS

6.) ignoring you in a thread

7.) randomly bolding, underlining, or italicizing words in a sentence

8.) slowly making their words larger and larger...

Things that annoy me:

1. People who refuse to paragraph what they are writing.

2. People who crack up at me because I don't spell like an American. E.g. favour rather than favor.

3. Overuse of smileys.

4. Tlkn lyk im on da msnz.

5. People who use different colours or OVERCAPITALIZE in BIG LETTERS</span> to get a miniscule point (or any point for that matter) across.

<span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium">6. People who use different fonts.

That is all.

The main thing that bothers me.. is when people don't use paragraphs.. >.>

*Looks up to Pietro* Yayy I'm not the only one. ^_^

<div class='quotemain'>Things that annoy me:

5. People who use different colours or OVERCAPITALIZE in GUILTY.

Haha!

sarcasm when i cant really tell if it is or isn't. also when people write like in a computer slang.

but i have to admit in most post i dont read over what i write so there are a LOT of grammatical errors sorry :(

Smilies.

I hate them.[/b]

Oh :bangin: Come :angel2: on :cowboy: you :partyguy: know :shutup: you <_< love :rolleyes: them

Just messing...

PietroChocko and Mab's list of pet peeves I agree with ^ _ ^

I don't mind when spelling is wrong, because I'm not very good at spelling, but I also hate it when people tlk lyk ths. lol

Grammar only bothers me when the words "good" and "well" are incorrect.

When people use big words that I am clueless to what they mean. ( I guess that's not really a fair "complaint" , it's just the

hillbilly in me. lol)

Meh, I'm not really picky. I'm sure I've been guilty of every single thing you guys have mentioned so far, so I don't want to be that hypocritical. lol

Basically, the way most people post will bother me somehow. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, it's all awful to me. I also can't stand it when someone types in all capitals, or when they use some ridiculous color that you can't read on the background.