RAP =/

somuchmore

• 1 month later...
Ok, I want to first ask How could you not like rap?? It's a beautiful genre!![/b]

easy.... they tend to stick with the same type of songs and that is killing people they hate or screwing thier women..... they tend to rap with thier penis and not with their head (there is no meaning in rap). they really have no melody or harmony in thier music they have the same beat throughout the whole song and they talk..... yeah very musical and intelligent they are <_<

easy.... they tend to stick with the same type of songs and that is killing people they hate or screwing thier women..... they tend to rap with thier penis and not with their head (there is no meaning in rap). they really have no melody or harmony in thier music they have the same beat throughout the whole song and they talk..... yeah very musical and intelligent they are <_<[/b]

hmm i would have worded that a lot differently.. i mean this is a christian forum.

but i agree with what you said at first most rap songs use the same topics not uplifting or positive in anyway.

easy.... they tend to stick with the same type of songs and that is killing people they hate or screwing thier women..... they tend to rap with thier penis and not with their head (there is no meaning in rap). they really have no melody or harmony in thier music they have the same beat throughout the whole song and they talk..... yeah very musical and intelligent they are <_<[/b]

You can take out the word "rap", insert any other genre, and find groups that would match your description perfectly.

Like most musical groups, the ones you hear about constantly are rarely the best. There's a vast number of hip hop artists that DO NOT speak of that stuff.

Oh, making beats and rhyming isn't as easy as you think. I don't even LIKE a lot of hip hop, but I can respect what they do because I've been involved in a number of hip hop records.

Question to all! Havent you guys heard of Christian rap??

You know like KJ-52, Manafest, Soul Hustle Ministry?

[Ok the last one is a rap group in SACTOWN, Califnornia, but theyre still good.][/b]

Man I love KJ-52, he is a very talented person. Also has anyone here heard of Lecrae? I listen to him all of the time. My favorite song by him is called "Take Me As I Am" it has a nice beat and a good message. :). I have heard of Manafest, but is he any good? I am in to Southern Rap so can anyone tell me if that is his style? Thanks.

After some research (or rather, raiding my iTunes library) I have compiled the following list of rap / hip-hop artists who are Christian:

116 Clique

Cross Movement

Da Truth

Grits

Group 1 Crew (like Deeper said...good stuff)

Karusso

KJ-52

Lecrae

Toby Mac

Out of Eden

Virtue

Shonlock

Trip Lee

There are many many more, but I have found that it takes looking as today's media doesn't hardly promote any of them. Research it, there are some sites that are dedicated to promoting the so called "Holy Hip Hop" and such, just look. Start with one of these and just search around.

After some research (or rather, raiding my iTunes library) I have compiled the following list of rap / hip-hop artists who are Christian:

116 Clique

Cross Movement

Da Truth

Grits

Group 1 Crew (like Deeper said...good stuff)

Karusso

KJ-52

Lecrae

Toby Mac

Out of Eden

Virtue

Shonlock

Trip Lee

There are many many more, but I have found that it takes looking as today's media doesn't hardly promote any of them. Research it, there are some sites that are dedicated to promoting the so called "Holy Hip Hop" and such, just look. Start with one of these and just search around.[/b]

you just named most of my christian rap sounds! Lecrae is amazing..and as Lumen said, awesome message. KJ-52 is awesome too, in your face praising God. Trip Lee, 116 Clique...yeh :P

Man I love KJ-52, he is a very talented person. Also has anyone here heard of Lecrae? I listen to him all of the time. My favorite song by him is called "Take Me As I Am" it has a nice beat and a good message. :). I have heard of Manafest, but is he any good? I am in to Southern Rap so can anyone tell me if that is his style? Thanks.[/b]

I love that song by Learce!

For those who are into Christian rap, and enjoy artists who are not ashamed to openly share Christ, I highly suggest Rapzilla. It's an online magazine dedicated to Christian rap and hip-hop style music. Besides giving you information about the artists, there are also numerous free (yes, they are legal) downloads of songs and videos. There is even a podcast available through iTunes if you are so inclined.

Man I love KJ-52, he is a very talented person. Also has anyone here heard of Lecrae? I listen to him all of the time. My favorite song by him is called "Take Me As I Am" it has a nice beat and a good message. :). I have heard of Manafest, but is he any good? I am in to Southern Rap so can anyone tell me if that is his style? Thanks.[/b]

i looooove KJ and Lecrae. I got to meet KJ-52 like 3 years ago haha (x that was pretty sick.