Sign in to follow this  
Zme

Girls and Gaming

Hey guys,

I'm an avid fan of the Halo series (though a bit disappointed with H3), an absolutely love playing on Live (basically never play any single player games)

Well, sometime in the summer I was very pleased to see that my girlfriend had bought a 360. With...Viva Piniata. Anyway, I REALLY want her to play Halo as I think it would be totally cool to be able to play online with my girlfriend. Unfortunately, she hates it that I play so much Halo and I'm not sure whether I can really get her into it. I tried to get her to join the "PMS" forums (forums for girl gamers), but she said something about being dedicated to CTF.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I could get her into the 360/Live scene?!?!

Right with Warmaster here. The worst thing you could do to a girl (especially your girlfriend, whom I'd think is your beloved) would be to force her to do anything. Some people don't like gaming online (IE: Me usually). Maybe she'll play regular two player with you (I do that with my gf when we play video games, rarely); but don't make her do anything. Plus, from guy to guy; if she says she "hates when you play so much Halo" I would concider taking that to thought and try playing less.

There is really no way to make someone like what she doesn't (an obvious observation).

Plus, from guy to guy; if she says she "hates when you play so much Halo" I would concider taking that to thought and try playing less.[/b]

Great consideration.

If she doesn't like Halo you should probably just accept that rather than trying to get her to like it. Though you might ask her to play a game or two with you offline if you haven't already. If she still doesn't like it, I wouldn't try to press the issue any further...

LOL...I absolutely LOVE playing Live on Halo 2 and 3. Sometimes I think I play too much. Don't force her. If she doesn't want to, don't make her. Viva Pinata is an awesome game as well. Play that with her. Its 2 player.

LOL...I absolutely LOVE playing Live on Halo 2 and 3. Sometimes I think I play too much. Don't force her. If she doesn't want to, don't make her. Viva Pinata is an awesome game as well. Play that with her. Its 2 player.[/b]

To add to this, it might be a good idea. Viva Pinata is MUCH more intimate than Halo. I thin your GF would appreciate it more if you didn't totally obliterate her online. But hey, if she ever comes through, then that's cool.

As it has been said, don't force her into something she doesn't want to do. If she has tried it and doesn't like it, go ahead and leave it be. Have you tried Viva Piniata yet?

Personally, I think it would be awesome if my girlfriend would play Halo with me, but if she wouldn't want to, I'd just leave it be. I might ask her occasionally later on, but really I don't see how it matters that much.

*cough* Not that I have a girlfriend, though.

Just my $0.02.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!! :lol: :lol:

Ahem... Yeah, don't push it. Maybe your girlfriend is just afraid she will always lose and be made fun of because you are so 'uber 1337', or whatever it is you gamers say. Sometimes games are just not that easy to pick up. (Or maybe she prefers those BIG XBox controllers).

Plus, from guy to guy; if she says she "hates when you play so much Halo" I would consider taking that to thought and try playing less.[/b]

How sweet! Maybe you could do this, I dunno, have a non-Halo week sometime. There was one week where Huw (Skywatcher) stopped listening to ABBA so much, and when he came back to it, they sounded even... sweeter? Yeah, play Viva Pinata some time together. You may not be able to get any good head shots or BXRs, BXBs or BNBNs (!) but those pinatas are sooo cute :).

By the way, you sound like a TOTAL nerd ;)

I dont think anyones pointed it out, but I think I'll also add to my previous post. Partially I'm feeling that it isn't playing "Halo" that she doesn't like, its playing games so much. I dont know though for positive. Just advice seeing as women can be weird and confusing, you have to read in between EVERY line they speak. haha. I know this cause I've been with my girlfriend for like 3 years and going. Best way to her is talking to her if my relationship is any indication. We can only speculate on here. Hope that works some magic (haha that sounded so off.)

It's just... I'm not used to first person. I find it difficult to orientate myself and I end up getting confused as to which way I am facing. And I like inverse camera. :(

Halo... :yucky: ... anyway, so maybe you should find some games like FF11 online, and Neverwinter Nights (1 or 2) for yopu and her to play, they are LAN based, or Online so they make great couples games. My mom, Dad, Sis, and I all play Neverwinter Nights. I am the only one who plays NWN2 and I quit FF 11 online.

;) See. I agree with person above me. Plus there is also Galactic Civ 2. And Civilization 4 is a good RTS that is multiplayer. The games I listed are great couples games, and the reason I know this is because it is what my Mom and Step- Dad do together.

I love to play Halo online or offline. But, I hate it when you call a guy, or he calls you and he tries to talk AND play xbox live and talk to people on there at the same time. It's really aggravating. Maybe your girlfriend and you could compromise. You could start doing something with her that she likes a lot and she could try playing Halo with you. But I bet she'd enjoy it more playing with you in person as opposed to playing with you on xbox live.

well i'm a girl and I've never played halo before but...

if it has a good story maybe she'll like it, try at least telling her the story. She might get interested and pick it up on her own.

i agree with everyone else, don't force her, if she hasn't tried it yet maybe convince her to try it once and if she still doesn't like it try viva pinata, if you don't like that i would suggest getting a game that both of you like if you want to play with her online

also, i agree with sammy girl, i hate talking to someone while they are on the computer or something, i don't think you would have to stop playing halo so much if you just stopped playing while you are talking with her. just put her in front of halo and you should be fine i think

Maybe your girlfriend is just afraid she will always lose and be made fun of because you are so 'uber 1337', or whatever it is you gamers say.[/b]

Well I don't know about anybody else...

But I certainly say that. ^_^

*shrugs* I'm a HUGE Halo fan... dunno what the issue is lol.

I also love GTA, NFS, and the Splinter Cell series :thumbup:

oh- and WoW, and the old StarWars pc games, and Diablo, and Starcraft...

*grins* :D

Okay so I'm a girl... a single girl by choice. BUT! If it was God's timing for me to have a boyfriend, even if I didn't like something (like halo, something i am personally against, i am not into the violence scene so I wouldn't play it with him just because I don't do violence, so i don't know some other video game) anyway, even if I didn't like something like a video game that i wasn't personally opposed to I would still play it with my boyfriend on occasions because he's my boyfriend and I would enjoy making him happy :D

So I'm with the other people in this thread on don't try and push the halo thing, maybe ask her to pick out a game to play with you and see if she would occasionally want to play halo with you? See, I don't have a love of video games, but if you ask me to play Mario 64 I am SO THERE. or the lion king game for super nintindo... woohoo... oh and of course the Shrek game for playstation 2! So see if she likes a certain game. Maybe try asking nicely why she doesn't like halo... maybe she isn't into the violence scene either and that's something you'll just have to understand. Either way, us girls like to make you boys happy and do stuff for you even if we don't enjoy it, but don't ask too much of us, we might die from boredum :D

Talk to her about it :D find a middle ground :D

hahahahahahahaha, I'm not sure what else to add. Its like the xbox garden of eden and the apple of halo hahahaha. I'm pretty sure you could find much more rewarding stuff to do with your girlfriend...other than shoot up her overshield ^.^

T.