Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FirefromtheEast

WHAT do you buy a 14-year old boy for his birthday?

26 posts in this topic

Alright... on 10th of February 2008, my brother turns 14. Thats this Sunday. Problem is I have NO idea what to get him. I know there are 13/14 year old guys here, and older guys maybe help with what you'd like at that age?

His interests are: Halo, dragons, martial arts, and Halo.

:( Anyone have any idea what a good gift idea would be?

As far as martial arts go, does he have any specific interest (i.e. does he practice a specific art, are there certain weapons he favors, etc)?

If a gift in that direction is looking like a possibility, I know that Century is a fairly good supplier.

Buy him a Halo 3 t-shirt from Hot Topic. xD. That's what my friends did. Lol. Or, any other first-person shooter game for whatever consoles you have. That's what I always get my younger brother [he's 12]. It's the safest way to go, and if he doesn't like it, we just give him the gift receipt to bring back to the store and exchange it for a game he does want :D.

As far as martial arts go, does he have any specific interest (i.e. does he practice a specific art, are there certain weapons he favors, etc)?

If a gift in that direction is looking like a possibility, I know that Century is a fairly good supplier.[/b]

He's a 2nd degree black belt in Tang Soo Do. He already has a staff and rubber knives though.. I'll lookat the link. Thanks :)

I was hoping for a thing... not like a gift card or money :(

Like an idea in that direction....

An inexpensive belt display might not be a bad way to go - you should be able to find one that isn't too shoddy for somewhere between $20 and $40 with a bit of effort. It'd be meaningful, (fairly) inexpensive, and something he'd use (or at least see) on a daily basis.

You should get him an interesting book. Go to Borders and find one on a really odd/interesting subject.[/b]

Clever idea, if this 14-yr-old is that type of intellectual person.

If I got my brother a book for his birthday, I think he'd smack me. Lol.

Buy him a DVD, CD, shirt, or video game. You can find DVDs and CDs for $20 and under at places like Best Buy. Nice stores even carry shirts for $20 or less. I'm not sure how expensive video games are, since I'm a girl, 21, and don't play them. ;) Does he have a favorite restaurant? Get him a gift certificate for that, if he does. Of course, when all else fails, just give him money and let him pick something out. :)

An inexpensive belt display might not be a bad way to go - you should be able to find one that isn't too shoddy for somewhere between $20 and $40 with a bit of effort. It'd be meaningful, (fairly) inexpensive, and something he'd use (or at least see) on a daily basis.[/b]

Hey, thats really cool! He'd like that I think. Thanks a lot :D

at some game stores they have halo display guns about 1 inch high and 2 inches long i think

Theres a hale book at Borders that shows how they made it and some eraly products. Its about $16 I think, I was into that stuff at 12 and still am (15).