Sign in to follow this  
Matt_Walker_731

Who am I becoming?

This might be a long one. It was really powerful to me, though.

So, the theme of this year's Disciple-Now was 'Becoming- Finding my identity in Christ.' 'Interesting subject,' I thought. BOY was it.

So I'm just gonna skip ahead to the powerful stuff. I could give you a minute-by-minute review of the weekend, but, hey, we got places to be, right? :P

Anyway, it was our second large group session. Josh Meyers and his band were tearing it up on stage. Adam Walker got up there next, and started talking about Who we are and what we can do through Christ. He talked about how Jesus makes us awesome, and through him we really can do awesome things! His message was so powerful, that aftwards, wild applause filled the room. Josh Meyers and his band got back up there, and started to paly again, only our hearts were focused on Jesus now, and we showed it.

See, if you guys knew me personally, I'm not one for the 'raises your hands' and 'clap your hands' during the praise and worship music at church. It's just.. .not me. I mean, I love the music, and it can be very powerful, but it's just not me. Personally, I think people raise their hands and al lthat 'cause they want everyone to knwo that they love Jesus and the music that's playing.

Anyway, Josh started to play 'How great is our God.' It was really powerful, and I felt SO close to God. I mean, like it was so scary... .but so exciting.... made me feel so happy, but so sad.... it was a wave of crazy emotions. And I did it. I raised my hand. It wasn't that I wanted everyone to see me, because, frankly, on any other occasion, I might have found it embarrasing, but not that night, no. I couldn't keep it down. God was working through me, and it was a powerful night. I realize it was the first time I ever really worshiped. I mean, my legs were shaking, and my heart racing.

Then another thing happened. I smiled.

That doesn't sound like much, does it? But I thought about it. I've always at least lipped the songs being played, but that night I was really singing them. And I smiled. I was genuinly happy that Jesus was in my life. I mean, I always was happy, but I really couldn't contain myself. I smiled.

Anyway, we went back to our host homes, had a great time, and went to church the next day, and that was it. The weekend was over.

It was that night, last night, Sunday night, that something else happened. I was reading part of the D-Now book that we were supposed to save until the night after the last night. I was reading it, and the question was for the weekend 'Who are you becoming.' I got to take a good long look at that, and I saw what I was becoming before the weekend, and after.

Before the weekend, i was becoming more and more like the rest of the world. Now, I see.

I see I am becoming more and more like Christ. Which is AWESOME. Then, I started to actually cry. I've never cried because I wa so happy before, but I did. It was antoher wave of emotion, and Jesus was so close to me at this moment. I felt so close to God. It was great.

This D-now is something I will never forget. I mean, it really was a life-changing experiance.

And I don't expect this to the peak of my walk with God. No. I know that I need to become more and more like Christ everyday. Growing more with every passing moment, and showing the world love.

And that's it. I can't wait until next year! :D

-Matt

PS

I actually blogged a bit about it, if y'all want to read it. :P

www.freebibles.webs.com

Click the blog.

Wow. That's great. I'm so glad that there are christian camps we can go on, cos God can do so much through them.

that's beautiful, matt... kinda reminds me of the night i was recommissioned. One Worship, it was called. Unending love, amazing grace, how beautifully does He let us see Him. How beautfully... :')

I just got back from DNow.It was awesome.Spur58 was amazing.I've been singing Ready to Love ever since I got home.But it just seems kinda weird to me that my defining moment this weekend wasn't during worship,or while the speaker was talking,or during my group's bible study...it was when I was all by myself.The girls in my group were being really loud,so i just went off by myself...and sat.And I though of the verse that say "Be still and know that I am God."I was blown away.It was pretty cool.

That is totally awesome! I'm so glad to hear how God is impacting you on such a positive level. I hope it is an even better experience next year. Thank you for sharing cause little do you know, sharing your experience encourages me to want to seek out God even more. Thanks! In Christ~

Hey Matt,

My name is Tim Weber and I pastor at a church in Bloomington, MN. I am speaking at a conference coming up this weekend focusing specifically on our teens "Identity in Christ". I was searching the web for resources and noticed your entry. It sounds like God really did a beautiful thing in you at this conference. Is there any chance you have contact information for Adam Walker? I would love to connect with him if at all possible ASAP.

Thanks so much!

Tim

Pastor - Evergreen Community Church (Bloomington, MN)

So, the theme of this year's Disciple-Now was 'Becoming- Finding my identity in Christ.' 'Interesting subject,' I thought. BOY was it.

So I'm just gonna skip ahead to the powerful stuff. I could give you a minute-by-minute review of the weekend, but, hey, we got places to be, right? :P

Anyway, it was our second large group session. Josh Meyers and his band were tearing it up on stage. Adam Walker got up there next, and started talking about Who we are and what we can do through Christ. He talked about how Jesus makes us awesome, and through him we really can do awesome things! His message was so powerful, that aftwards, wild applause filled the room. Josh Meyers and his band got back up there, and started to paly again, only our hearts were focused on Jesus now, and we showed it.

See, if you guys knew me personally, I'm not one for the 'raises your hands' and 'clap your hands' during the praise and worship music at church. It's just.. .not me. I mean, I love the music, and it can be very powerful, but it's just not me. Personally, I think people raise their hands and al lthat 'cause they want everyone to knwo that they love Jesus and the music that's playing.

Anyway, Josh started to play 'How great is our God.' It was really powerful, and I felt SO close to God. I mean, like it was so scary... .but so exciting.... made me feel so happy, but so sad.... it was a wave of crazy emotions. And I did it. I raised my hand. It wasn't that I wanted everyone to see me, because, frankly, on any other occasion, I might have found it embarrasing, but not that night, no. I couldn't keep it down. God was working through me, and it was a powerful night. I realize it was the first time I ever really worshiped. I mean, my legs were shaking, and my heart racing.

That doesn't sound like much, does it? But I thought about it. I've always at least lipped the songs being played, but that night I was really singing them. And I smiled. I was genuinly happy that Jesus was in my life. I mean, I always was happy, but I really couldn't contain myself. I smiled.

Anyway, we went back to our host homes, had a great time, and went to church the next day, and that was it. The weekend was over.

It was that night, last night, Sunday night, that something else happened. I was reading part of the D-Now book that we were supposed to save until the night after the last night. I was reading it, and the question was for the weekend 'Who are you becoming.' I got to take a good long look at that, and I saw what I was becoming before the weekend, and after.

Before the weekend, i was becoming more and more like the rest of the world. Now, I see.

I see I am becoming more and more like Christ. Which is AWESOME. Then, I started to actually cry. I've never cried because I wa so happy before, but I did. It was antoher wave of emotion, and Jesus was so close to me at this moment. I felt so close to God. It was great.

This D-now is something I will never forget. I mean, it really was a life-changing experiance.

And I don't expect this to the peak of my walk with God. No. I know that I need to become more and more like Christ everyday. Growing more with every passing moment, and showing the world love.

-Matt

PS

www.freebibles.webs.com

Click the blog.[/b]

-Matt

PS

www.freebibles.webs.com

Click the blog.[/b]

Just don't let your fire go out. I'm glad to see what God did in you, reminds me of what he did in me a little over a year ago, but I let the fire go out. It'll last for a while on it's own, and it seeming to be truly God even if you let it go out you won't be the same as before, but don't let it out, cause getting it back is rough. In 1 Thes. 5:19 it says (NIV) "Do not put out the Spirit's fire." It was in the section where Paul is just giving tidbits of advice to the church. But be ready cause once he calls you out and changes your life Satan plum out attacks you, so be on guard and stay in the Word and in prayer. Just my advice :).