Sign in to follow this  
Leksea

Hockey

I decided to start a new hockey thread because the other one is from 2007, so I thought I'd start one for 2008. Was anybody else upset with the way the trades went? The Penguins (I'm a Penguins Fan) traded Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Esposito and next years first round draft pick for Marian Hossa and Dupuis (sp?). I was pretty mad because Armstrong and Christensen were two of my favorite players. I think the Penguins traded alot for who they got, but that's just me. I'm intrested to see how well Hossa and Crosby play together after they both get back from their injuries. Ty Conklin has been great in goal for us, he's a really good goalie. So, what do you guys think?

I'm a Lightning fan (haha) so the trade deadline was a bit of a shock to me. Still can't believe they traded my two favourite players (Brad Richards and Prospal). Although I'm sorta happy with what came our way. Halpern is the kind of leadership my team needs and Smith is a biig upgrade in goal. The defensemen we got in exchange for Prospal was also suprisingly good. Before I saw him play I didn't hear too many positive things. But he's defintely a good choice. With the draft next year (Stamkos! :D ) we're gonna be a fierce competitor next season. I hope...

blues fan myself (dont really know why though).

im actually going up to dallas to see the star play tomorrow. im pretty excited as i havnt been to a game since forever.

I'm a Lightning fan (haha) so the trade deadline was a bit of a shock to me. Still can't believe they traded my two favourite players (Brad Richards and Prospal).[/b]

The first game I ever went to was a Penguins vs. Lightning game, it was a really good game. Me and my brother also like the Lightning (although not more than the penguins :P lol). I was surprised to hear about Brad Richards getting traded too, didn't he go to Dallas? But I didn't hear about Prospal getting traded. Missed the Pens game yesterday against the Flyers. But I heard Pens won 7-1, so I was pretty happy. Hossa is back from his injury but I can't believe Crosby is hurt again! Hopefully he'll be back soon.....

Hey i am a pittsburgh penguins fan to i was pretty upset with the trade i really liked colby armstrong alot and so far i havent seen hossa play that good i dont think we should have given that much up for them.I also like tampa bay lightning and marian gaborik who plays for the minnesota wilds i like him as a player and i did the best with him on hockey 08 on ps lol

I'm an Avs fan. Great that we got Forsberg and Foote back (granted they've been hurt a bunch). Salei has been a great addition to the team. He fits right in. We're fighting for the playoffs right now, so hopefully we'll make it in. Victory tonight over the Flames!

The playoffs are starting soon! The Penguins have one more home game (tonight) then another away one. I'm intrested to see how we'll do in the playoffs. Although I wish they would put Conklin in goal. What do you guys think about the playoffs?

I'm A Habs fan!

We're against Boston on the 10th. Cant wait!!!

My favorite players are Carey Price and Saku Koivu ( Higgins is pretty close too :) )

Kind of a sad last game for the Penguins, it was against the Flyers. If the Pens would have won that game, they would have faced the Flyers for the playoffs. But they lost, so now we face the Ottawa Senators. I though maybe they could pull it out and win the eastern conference, but they got the atlantic division which is still good. I just hope we do better against the Senators then we did last year (We played them first round last year too, and lost the series 4-1, I think). So first game tonight!!! Unfourtunately I'm going to miss at least the first period, I have to coach gymnastics. So we'll see what happens!

WOOT! Habs just won another game against Boston :D

It was down to the wire and oiii...I screamed so much, I can hardly speak right now.

I had a pretty crappy day, The Habs made it Allll better :)

So far the Penguins are doing pretty good.They lead the series 2-0. I hope they can keep it up! Although the Senators tied the last game with like five minutes to go after we had a 3-0 lead. After they tied it, I thought for sure that the Pens were going to lose. But Ryan Malone pulled it out for us :) . And thankfully we have Gary Roberts and Petr Sykora, they've been really great the last few games. Game three tomorrow night... But other than Penguins games I haven't seen to many other games. I caught a little but of the game between the Capitals and Flyers. I think they have the series tied at one? Not sure but can't wait for tomorrow night!

The Penguins took the series! I was glad but now we just have to wait to see who we're playing. I think if Montreal wins then we play the Rangers. I watched a Flyers vs. Capitals game a few days ago, it was a really good game. They went into double OT and then the Flyers scored. I watched one of their games again today and both teams look really tough ( Capitals won, the series is now 3-2, I think?). I can't wait until the Pens play again. I think Montreal plays Boston tonight so hopefully I can catch some of that game...

I'm only a HUGE fan of hockey played it for 5 or 6 years and then I don't know what happened but I'm still a fan and I am only a fan of the most awesome team in the history of awesomeness the Dallas Stars. and thank you Tampa Bay for Brad Richards by the way stars are up 3-1 in their series with the Sharks so yea I love hockey especially the playoffs

The Penguins won the Pens vs. Rangers series!!! The penguins were up three games and then the Rangers came back and won one. Then todays game (the series was 3-1), I was so nervous! I really didn't want the Rangers to win and it go back to NY. The game was tied at two and went into OT where Hossa scored and we won the series. The Rangers were a pretty hard team and Lundquist (spelling?) was really hard to beat. I felt bad at the end though because it looked like he was crying after we won so that was kind of sad. But I was also really glad we won. Now we have to face the Flyers. I know it's going to be a really tough series but it will be exciting!

I am so EXCITED the penguins won but i dont know how we willl do playing the flyers but i cant wait to watch them!!!!!

I'm not one team. I have several.

Top 5 include Philly, Toronto, Phoenix, Washington, and Tampa Bay.

Hockey's my life, outside of God.

I am happy the Flyers made it this far. What a friggen turn around in one year. Paul Holmgren deserves several medals for this feat. Even if they're put out by the Pens, I won't be upset.

Dude I LOVE HOCKEY!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO GLAD WE HAVE MORE HOCKEY FANS HERE!!!! :):D

Anyone else like the LA Kings???? I'm from L.A.! I LOVE THE KINGS!!!!

Kings are one of my favourite teams.

We should all do this kinda thing. Name 5 teams that you like, and 5 that you dislike.

Teams I like (not in order): Philly, Toronto, L.A., Phoenix, Washington.

I like Tampa bay too, and Buffalo (Starting to like Buffalo)

Bottom 5: New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators, Boston Bruins

So far the Penguins are doing really good. Their 3-0 in the series against the Flyers, so hopefully they'll win one more game and then we'll play for the Stanley Cup. Detroit has been doing really well lately too (although the game I'm watching right now is 2-1 for the Ducks, which is a surprise with how the last three games went). I think Detroit will win that series, if not in this game then defidently the next game. Hmmm, five teams I like and five teams I dislike.....

Teams I like: Pittsburgh Penguins (of course), Tampa Bay Lightning, Carolina Hurricanes, Detroit Red Wings (I can only think of four right now). Teams I dislike: Philedalphia Flyers, New York Rangers, Dallas Stars..... okay, I only have three teams I don't really like. I can't wait until game #4 for the Penguins tomorrow!

I'm not a fan of the Penguins...but I'm Really not a fan of the Flyers so I rather Pittsburgh winning :D

Obviously, I LOVE the Habs, they are my team! ( the Flyers pulled us out of the playoffs, hence why I'm not supportive of them :( )

These guys are awesome in my mind, a Lot of people didnt believe we'd make it to the playoffs and we did.. so I'm just as proud of them- as if they Won the Cup.

I Cannot wait for the jamboree, I'm also really excited for this Autumn- September coming up. The Habs will be practicing at the Pierrefonds ice rink, I can seriously take a 3 minute walk down there and watch them everyday!!!

My sister goes to a christian school here and Jean Pronovost (retired hockey player - Penguins) is there on a regular basis, not sure if he works there or not but point is, I'm jelous! I'm really wanting to meet/talk with him, he was a pretty great player back in the 70's :) ..also he's a Christian :D

Hey another Canadian!

Mike Fisher, of the Ottawa Senators, plays for Christ. He prays before every game and is number 12 because of Romans 12:12. I have his autograph!

Hey another Canadian!

Mike Fisher, of the Ottawa Senators, plays for Christ. He prays before every game and is number 12 because of Romans 12:12. I have his autograph![/b]

You and your contacts..how do you get to meet them all. Just watch, this summer..I'll get a few :D

I've heard Price is Christian, but I have no real evidence...it would be nice though haha

That's so cool about Fisher and Pronovost! I never knew that about either of them.... The Penguins won the series against the Flyers! 6-0 was the final score of the game and I can't wait to see who we're playing against in the Stanley Cup games. It was really funny to see how happy and excited Marc-Andre Fleury was after winning, I don't think he stopped smiling. I was surprised to see Dallas won again against Detroit. I'm intrested to see what will happen in the game tomorrow.