Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sologirl

What book are you reading now?

2,380 posts in this topic

Well I am a book skipper around-er. Haha. Currently I am taking my small group through "Being a Girl Who Leads" it's REALLY good... and for my own personal reading pleasure I am reading "Teaching True Love to a Sex-at-Thirteen Generation"

Both are amazing, I reccomend them to ANYONE

I'm re-reading the Joshua series by Joseph F. Girzone. They're a modern-day Jesus story, and they're amazing. Right now I'm on Joshua in the Holy Land.

I'm reading Writing and Difference by Jacques Derrida, it's a very complex book which I wouldn't recommend to anyone who's not familiar with Jacques Derrida.

Allan.

The Atlas. Er.. Compact Atlas of the World.

Our big atlas is seriously out of date.. still has East and West Germany. I could look at maps and atlases for hours on end. So I guess you could say I`m reading the atlas; I always am ^_^

I'm reading The Last Command - it's the last in The Thrawn Trilogy.

I'll probably have finished it before Tuesday next week.

Under the Overpass by Mike Yankoski. It's taking me a long time because I don't have much spare time for reading, but I'd reccomend it to anyone who's getting ready to go on a mission trip. It really been opening my eyes and it's encouraging in a strange way...

Wow guys....I totally forgot to add my Bible...

*looks up* Sorry God.

Keep this goin! This is also great to pick up some books to read!!

Well I am a book skipper around-er. Haha. Currently I am taking my small group through "Being a Girl Who Leads" it's REALLY good... and for my own personal reading pleasure I am reading "Teaching True Love to a Sex-at-Thirteen Generation"

Both are amazing, I reccomend them to ANYONE[/b]

Sounds great; considering the fact that I am my youth group, I'm always open to books for small groups/encouraging young Christian women.

Wow guys....I totally forgot to add my Bible...

*looks up* Sorry God.

Keep this goin! This is also great to pick up some books to read!!

Sounds great; considering the fact that I am my youth group, I'm always open to books for small groups/encouraging young Christian women.[/b]

Even better than "Being a Girl who Leads" is "Being a Girl who Loves".... also "Being a Girl who Serves" which I haven't read yet :D lol

I'm reading four books, and I just finished two books.

Reading-

1. Promises for a Jesus Freak

2.The Bible:Psalms/Proverbs/Ecclesiastes

3.Take A Closer Look: For Teens

4. Divine Moments for Students

[all devotional/Christian books.]

Just finished:

1.Twice Taken-Susan beth Pfeffer

2.Define Normal- by someone who's name I forget. :D

I've just started "What Will Happen to God: Feminism and the Reconstruction of Christian Belief" by William Oddie.

I was reading "Mrs Fytton's Country Life" (stolen from my mum's bookshelf, haha) but I don't like it. Any recommendations for good novels?

I decided to get back to reading The Chronicles of Narnia.

Usually I can finish a big novel in like 2 days.

But for some reason I never get past the second chapter of The Horse and His Boy.

So, if you're still reading that, we're reading the same thing, lol

Im REALLY lazy so I can never be bothered to carry books around with me so in my house there is a book in like every room which I am reading.

At the moment I think my current reading list is:

Bedroom - Artemis Fowl 1/Snakehead (Alex Rider) depending on if Im reading in bed or at my desk

My bathroom - 3rd Harry Potter/NME

Study - Flashman by George Fraser

Kitchen - Pride and Prejudice

Front room - We Need to Talk About Kevin

Back room - Latin prose for my GCSEs so bassically the letters of Pliny

Think thats it...

Oh, and the bible of course :P

Currently I'm reading both the Christian Bible, and the Satanic Bible (written by Anton LaVey) so I can compare the two religions, and see their differences.

As for fun, I'm reading the entire Dark Tower series again by Stephen King.

Reading 'Of Mice and Men' in English.[/b]

I hate that book so much :VERYMAD: ! But don't worry, English GCSE does eventually end and the feeling following it is almost, almost, worth the course it's so good.

Back on topic, I'm reading through the OT prophets and R.L. Fox's Unauthorized Version. :)

I have finished

"The Horse and His boy"

and

"Prince Caspian"

And I am now reading

"The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"