What book are you reading now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to read a few chapters of "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis.

I didn't like it.

Thou shalt take it back. 

I just finished Abolition of Man, a great book about the place of education in modern society, and the impact of the words we say/how we use them. Also a good book about the Natural Law of Man. 

Currently re-reading Mere Christianity, then I plan to read 1984/ All Quiet on the Western Front.

Thou shalt take it back. 

I just finished Abolition of Man, a great book about the place of education in modern society, and the impact of the words we say/how we use them. Also a good book about the Natural Law of Man. 

Currently re-reading Mere Christianity, then I plan to read 1984/ All Quiet on the Western Front.

I recently read All Quiet on the Western Front. Have you ever read it before? What did you think of it? I actually didn't like it the second time I read it.

I recently read All Quiet on the Western Front. Have you ever read it before? What did you think of it? I actually didn't like it the second time I read it.

I had to read it for freshman year, I didn't really read it as much as just skim. Once I start reading it I'll get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

When God Spoke English: The Making of the King James Bible - Adam Nicolson 

I've actually read this before, but reading it again, I feel like I must have absorbed a solid 0% of the content last time round. It's a fabulously well-written book of popular history. I'm hoping it'll help with a wider understanding of Christian history. 

Well I finally finished the Da Vinci Code a couple of days ago, and while there are probably 8 books or so lined up for me, the next one for me is Chestnut Street by Maeve Binchy. I'm also very slowly reading The Divine Romance by Gene Edwards (I read it only at my dad's house.) I don't like it very much, though...

Just finished: What the Dog Knows - Cat Warren

My mother gave me a book about cadaver dogs (dogs who find dead bodies). I really have no idea why. Not something I'd read again, but it was interesting. 

Currently reading: Moonwalking with Einstein - Joshua Foer 

Which is about improving your memory. It's kind of interesting, but thus far I'm not really seeing the utility of being able to memorize the sequence of random numbers or a deck of playing cards.