Sologirl

What book are you reading now?

Finished Neuromancer. It's an interesting read for sure... I don't think the majority of Christians would enjoy reading however, with all the drugs, sex and profanity in it. It kinda surprised me (well, the profanity didn't, that's a given for sci-fi. The sex only surprised me in that it was more explicit than what most novels have). Definitely fits the high-tech, low-life profile that most classic cyberpunk is famous for, and not bad by any means, considering the idea of a computer network was in it's infant stages at that point, and definitely worth the Hugo, Nebula and PKD awards that it was given.

Now I'm reading Emissaries of the Dead by Adam-Troy Castro, another PKD award winner, about a murder inside some AI created ecosystem world. It's pretty unique, so I have no idea how it'll turn out, and the main character is a complete jerk and probably slightly insane.

EDIT: It censored the last name of the person Phillip K. (insert last name here) for that award, so I shortened it to PKD.

Im reading a book i was given by a friend called "Under the overpass" its about a Christian who goes on the streets of America with only his guitar and the clothes on his back...

its interesting.

i always have at the lest 20 different books going depending on what mood i'm in.

but i have not started a new one since i just got a sony ereader, i wanted to figure out how to work it

but a good one i just finished was the princess bride

Im reading a book i was given by a friend called "Under the overpass" its about a Christian who goes on the streets of America with only his guitar and the clothes on his back...

its interesting.

The guy who wrote that spoke at our school one night, I bought his book and read it and it was fascinating.

I just finished "On that day, everybody ate, one woman's story of hope and possibility in Haiti" by Margaret Trost, for the Honors program I'm going to be in next year. It's a really intense book about Haiti (pre-earthquake) and the issues it struggles with and it's definitely a recommended read.

Soul Music by Terry Pratchett

Slowly making my way through all the discworld books =D

I'm reading two books right now. One in the day and one at night.

Day book- Losing by Winning by Jillian Michaels (I heart her.)

Night book- The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne (Has anyone else read this? It's one of those life-changing books)

The guy who wrote that spoke at our school one night, I bought his book and read it and it was fascinating.

Wow? thats pretty neat..

I just finished "On that day, everybody ate, one woman's story of hope and possibility in Haiti" by Margaret Trost, for the Honors program I'm going to be in next year. It's a really intense book about Haiti (pre-earthquake) and the issues it struggles with and it's definitely a recommended read.

It sounds like its worth a read.

I have so many books to read though, its overwhelming me ;|

I read "The Time Machine" by H.G Wells last night, and liked it. I'm also reading "Dracula."

On the spiritual side of things, I'm reading the letters of Saint Ignasius of Antioch, and "The Gospel of Life" by Ven. Pope John Paul II.

I'm reading two books right now. One in the day and one at night.

Day book- Losing by Winning by Jillian Michaels (I heart her.)

Noght book- The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne (Has anyone else read this? It's one of those life-changing books)

I read The Irresistible Revolution! It was such a good book! It really makes you think...

I'm also reading two books, The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren (I'm only on day 7) and The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

finished The Duke Comes Home by Barbara Cartland yesterday. not her best, but it's okay. Might reread either The Blue-eyed Witch or the Tears of Love before school gets really hectic.

^ Haha, I'm reading it too! Well, more like I read the first paragraph and I will continue reading it later. I love LotR!

"It's Kind of a Funny Story" - Ned Vizzini

I just finished it, it was awesome. They are making a movie out of it coming out in october. Its like one of the best books i ever read.