Sign in to follow this  
BlueIsBen

'Emo' hangs herself after 'becoming obsessed MCR'

The emo fad may have had some part in it, though not the fad itself but the attitude it portrays. People who really are "emo" are really depressed and crap. I mean, why ELSE would you cut your wrists and all. People who dress emo-ish and aren't depressed fit in either punk or goth usually. But yeah. Depression + One bad circumstance + the demonic (not saying she was involved in it, but a demonic spirit can influence a person without them knowing it) = a very good possibility of suicide if they don't watch out.

The emo fad may have had some part in it, though not the fad itself but the attitude it portrays. People who really are "emo" are really depressed and crap. I mean, why ELSE would you cut your wrists and all. People who dress emo-ish and aren't depressed fit in either punk or goth usually. But yeah. Depression + One bad circumstance + the demonic (not saying she was involved in it, but a demonic spirit can influence a person without them knowing it) = a very good possibility of suicide if they don't watch out.[/b]

Seems like with this girl though, she wasn't even depressed, but just acted emo because she thought it was the cool thing to do. Kinda like a lot of people these days, it's sad.

Another thing I wanted to point out is how ridiculous it is that they're blaming it on MCR. They don't even sing about suicide. The song they quoted is about someone who dies of cancer, when it's perfectly normal for people to include mourning in their music. Geh.

Yeah I actually read this a little while ago, and I think it's really tragic. I don't know who's really to blame, but some little girl lost her life. Gosh, to die at 13... one hasn't even lived. :(

I don't think it was the music Its far more likely the lifestyle

I just don't understand how people fashion their lives around their music.

but yeah If people were to do anything for so long it would mess with their mind

I'm inclined to say that she may already have been in some poor mental state and that's probably the reason she became part of the errr.. "Emo fad." It wouldn't have caused it on it's own, but it certainly wouldn't have helped her.

Honestly I find it very hard to believe how any perfectly sane person would kill themselves for being part of the Emo culture. So I'm going to take a guess and say she (as an individual. I'm not generalising all Emos) wasn't in a great state already, whether that was a subconscious problem, it was on the forefront of her mind or even if she was mentally ill for some unobvious or medical reason.

It wasn't fair for that coroner to generalise the whole group like that, but actually he may have had a point.

MCR is not the most emo band ever too -_-'. Definitely not the problem. Some people are just incapable of judging an event or person properly when they have no idea what something is, like MCR for instance. I have a few song from MCR and I like it, it has a nice beat and the lyrics are pretty interesting, but I wouldn't consider the lyrics to make you "emo." All the lyrics I've ever heard from em' are usually about losing a loved one, a girlfriend, or something like that, or just being unhappy. I wouldn't equate their music to causing suicide though.

I blame the parents/teachers/friends/and/or/family that could have stepped in. Seeing a 13 year old cutting her wrists should be a BIG red flag. Even if she was just "going with the flow" of the emo fad, that doesn't justify cutting herself, and someone should have noticed and said something.

Guest JAG

Erm...did her parents never like...look at her. :huh:

People express themselves through their clothing and make-up...all i'm sayin.

WHONIWOS.jpg

WON OH WOS

I blame the parents/teachers/friends/and/or/family that could have stepped in. Seeing a 13 year old cutting her wrists should be a BIG red flag. Even if she was just "going with the flow" of the emo fad, that doesn't justify cutting herself, and someone should have noticed and said something.[/b]

I'm not sure, really. First off, they're not gonna go cutting themselves in places that everyone's going to be looking at it. It also said that her teacher saw it, and made the girl promise to stop. So I think that the only one to blame is the girl, who was clearly, to put it bluntly, a pathetically screwed up person.

GerardWayisGay.gif

As much as it may be easy to blame those around her, ultimately, we are each responsible for ourselves. She made the decisions she did, perhaps her parents, teachers, etc could have done more, but ultimately, the choice is hers, and she will choose her lifestyle.

not everyone that is 'emo' cut their wrists, or are depressed. Not everyone that like hip/hop music are gangstas. Ex.: Me...

Talk about stereotyping. . .

I'm not sure, really. First off, they're not gonna go cutting themselves in places that everyone's going to be looking at it. It also said that her teacher saw it, and made the girl promise to stop. So I think that the only one to blame is the girl, who was clearly, to put it bluntly, a pathetically screwed up person.[/b]

She's thirteen. She needed help, and she wasn't going to go looking for it herself. And if this were to happen here in WA, the teacher would have been held responsible for not reporting that to her parents and/or a counselor.

Well, this is getting more coverage... having being mentioned today by John Humphreys programme... I think last year or so there was a rap coverage (you&yours).... :D

-I think people just get too bogged down, looking through an extremely highpower microscope, they need to zoom out; see, find things to be happy in.

-Music, I think this relates to a thread here.... Rock music... shocking. but we can't listen to Ilona Mitrecey all the time*.

*not that that is an excuse to listen to MCR either, I guess you've just got to consider what you're listening to... :rolleyes:

She's thirteen. She needed help, and she wasn't going to go looking for it herself. And if this were to happen here in WA, the teacher would have been held responsible for not reporting that to her parents and/or a counselor.[/b]

Oops, I misread the original article. It said it was her father who saw it. So considering the fact that the parents obviously did intervene to some extent (the article most likely didn't cover the whole family side of the story), you really can't blame them. I'm honestly having a hard time not speaking extremely harshly about the girl, but this is truly all on her for letting her skewed version of a fashion to affect her to such an extent.

I think that people like to blame difference for societies problem. To be realistic though, it's less illusory to be negative and morbid than it is to be positive and irrationally happy. ~ That's not me, that's Ernest Becker. But I think that he was right.

Allan.

Yeah... I'm going to bet that there were plenty other reasons why she did that. That's sad, though :(.[/b]

I agree...just because it appears as if there is nothing wrong with her, maybe there was something going on in her life that no one else knew about.

I do however, or did. Know a girl (we went to school together for a little bit) and her name was Ashley... she hung herself in her closet over some serious issues in her life and my goodness,[/b]

Ok now that is just weird...a girl I go to school with named Ashley just recently hung herself in her closet....

My opinion...I already stated. I think there could have been issues no one else knew about. My friend who recently hung herself seemed fine on the outside. It came as a complete shock and I don't think anyone knows why she did it. Just because someone listens to a certain type of music doesn't mean that it will take over their life and stuff. Although, it could play a part.

girls get depressed. such is life. she could have been a perfect drama/prom queen, and still would have offed herself. its not about influences, its about how you perceive them, and how you handle the raging hormones in your developing brain

Yeah it was sad but i wouldnt blame the whole emo thing for it...i mean i have billions of friends who are emo and there not dead....of course i would kick them if they ever tryed...but anywho the story is really sad though. makes me want to cry :cry: