Sign in to follow this  
luv2read

Vegetarian

Why couldn't you?... I don't understand why you'd think that it wouldn't be allowed, lol. You're doing it so that animals don't suffer from unsanitary and torturous meat houses, nothing wrong with that. People slaughter animals in the Bible, but they at least do it without causing them extensive pain like companies do today. Basically, I don't know why you'd think being a vegetarian wouldn't be condoned by the Bible, it's a tad bit ridiculous dear. (I'm not vegetarian btw....)

I'm a vegetarian and I'm a Christian and I don't really see a problem with it....Though I do have relatives who are constantly throwing the 'Jesus ate meat' argument in my face...

There's nothing wrong with being a vegetarian as long as you understand there's nothing wrong with eating meat. What I'm trying to get at is that biblically it says that you are allowed to eat meat and such, that doesn't mean you HAVE to. But understand that it would be wrong to go around saying that it's wrong or you're sinning if you're not a vegetarian, which I'm sure you wouldn't ;)

My only problem with vegetarians is that it's anti-american to eat mean. :P

I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian. I eat a little too much meat and as much as I love my steaks, I think that a healthier lifestyle would probably benefit me in the long run. There's something about dying at age 60 from a Coronary Artery Disease that isn't very attractive. :)

Allan.

With all that said, there is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian. The Bible does not command us to eat meat. There is nothing wrong with eating meat. There is nothing wrong with abstaining from eating meat. What the Bible tells us is that we should not force our convictions on this issue onto other people. Romans 14:2-3 tells us, "One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him."

-Lei ♥

I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian. I eat a little too much meat and as much as I love my steaks, I think that a healthier lifestyle would probably benefit me in the long run. There's something about dying at age 60 from a Coronary Artery Disease that isn't very attractive. :)

Allan.[/b]

I'd like to be the first one to say that, NOT eating meat will NOT benefit you but nor will it hurt you as well. Your body is meant to eat meat, so I don't understand how NOT eating it will help at all. Red meat (steaks basically) is not the best if you eat too much of it, so just eat white meat, like chicken, pork, turkey, hot dogs, etc, as those are far more healthy for you than red meat. Basically, no reason to stop eating meat (unless you're talking red meat specifically) for health benefits, just stay away from eating too much red meat.

Well, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was making a single statement but I was trying to make two, I'm a little tired. Statement 1 in Allan's post on this thread was, "I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian." Statement 2 in Allan's post on this thread was, "I eat a little too much meat . . ."

Allan.

I think that at the moment Christians should be eating less meat to help the world food crisis. Every 1 kg of beef requires 8 kg of corn - we need that corn! *hypocrite*

Hahaha, that was actually amusing to read. If the food crisis is so bad, then Christians shouldn't just be eating less of a particular food, but should be sending food to places where people are suffering.

Allan.

Food crisis only affects poor people.

If you don't feed poor people, there will be less poor people to feed.

Eventually, the population will shrink until there's enough food for everyone.

I'm a vegetarian and I'm a Christian and I don't really see a problem with it....Though I do have relatives who are constantly throwing the 'Jesus ate meat' argument in my face...[/b]

You and me both, hun.

Eventually, the population will shrink until there's enough food for everyone.[/b]

Interesting thought...

... until you consider the people who are dying are people, and they are dying slowly and painfully without any hope of a better life.

Eventually, the population will shrink until there's enough food for everyone.[/b]

Interesting thought...

... until you consider it's against what Jesus taught.

:)

With all that said, there is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian. The Bible does not command us to eat meat.[/b]

Um, correction:

The 11th Commandment:

Thou shall eat large amounts of meat and ENJOY IT.

:P

With all that said, there is nothing wrong with being a vegetarian. The Bible does not command us to eat meat.[/b]

Um, correction:

Luke 22

"This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."