Ctf Official Dating Debate

Achronos

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maturity has alot to do with it, but at the same time, if I had a 12 year old daughter who was very mature, I still wouldn't let her date. I think 15 is a nice age to let dating begin. Or whenever you begin high school. Jr. High dating is just plain retarded.

Thats what I meant by certain ages. I know 13 year olds who think that who theyre with is going to end up being the person they spend the rest of their life with which is just crazy(not that its completely impossible)....and no offense to anyone around that age. but honestly especially with younger teens (psh even for me being 16) you still have a lot of growing up to do and latching yourself on to someone else can mess up priorities and cause a lot of unneeded complications

I think 15 is a good bf gf age, but then my brother was more mature than most 15 year olds.

I don't believe in "dating" as in "steady dating". (call me old-fashioned if it so pleases you to do, but I'm stickin' w/it) I believe, as in "date", in "group dating" and in "casual dating". I personally prefer "courting". (I know people will want to blow me outa the water w/this one)

Originally posted by seashellz06@Nov 26 2004, 11:49 PM

Thats what I meant by certain ages. I know 13 year olds who think that who theyre with is going to end up being the person they spend the rest of their life with which is just crazy(not that its completely impossible)....and no offense to anyone around that age. but honestly especially with younger teens (psh even for me being 16) you still have a lot of growing up to do and latching yourself on to someone else can mess up priorities and cause a lot of unneeded complications

well my sister just married her new husband, who she had been dating since she was 13 years old. it's all about whether your willing to not be selfish and work through any kind of problems together, whether your 13, or 30.

Originally posted by audrey_ga_cowgirl@Nov 27 2004, 09:15 AM

I think 15 is a good bf gf age, but then my brother was more mature than most 15 year olds.

I don't believe in "dating" as in "steady dating". (call me old-fashioned if it so pleases you to do, but I'm stickin' w/it) I believe, as in "date", in "group dating" and in "casual dating". I personally prefer "courting". (I know people will want to blow me outa the water w/this one)

I'm the same way although I may shoot myself for this when I get a girl having her little sibling following us around everywhere or having to watch Mickey Mouse with her parents...

Originally posted by executive_bozo@Nov 27 2004, 11:37 AM

well my sister just married her new husband, who she had been dating since she was 13 years old. it's all about whether your willing to not be selfish and work through any kind of problems together, whether your 13, or 30.

congrats to your sister. but in my opinion for the most part people don't value relationships as they should anymore and your sister is older but from what i see our generation and younger just gets in relationships to say they have one or because someone's cute and they don't take the time to get to know each other. i know people at my school who've been dating the person they're with for maybe 6 months tops (including a few friends of mine bleh)and I know I'll sound full of myself here so I'm sorry but I definitely know they aren't mature enough for that and their boyfriends....ooo not going there. But yea a lot of people are in such a rush, but not everyone is like that.

I still agree with steady dating though but an old fashioned courtship would be super sweet and awesome too.

Me too. Like in Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy!*swoon*

*ahem*

Sorry lol. Anyway, I like courting, but I think I prefer steady dating. If you're going to keep up your Christian morals when you're dating, is it really all that different from courting?

Anyway, I think 15-16 is a reasonable age to start dating. It all depends really.

I think that dating in middle school is ridiculous. It is never serious and usually doesn't last more than a few days (or hours). I never did it. People thought it was because no one wanted to go out with me, but I really don't care if they thought that.

Even as you get older, I don't really think you can love someone romantically. Fourteen-year-olds who says they are in love with people really aren't my kind of people. I know several people who disagree and say "14 is not too young to do anything," but somehow I just don't think so. I don't even think kids should vote.

Anyway, I started dating right after I got out of middle school and have not been in a relationship I have liked or felt made me grow as a person at all. I am only 14, and I don't plan on marrying anyone any time soon.

From my experience most teens who date, do it for social reasons, status, not because they care about the other person when it comes to a long term relationship. Dating before you are out of grade 12, is for the most part, a waste of time and engery that could be better used in other areas of your life. Most of the teens I know who have dated in highschool don't last once its over. Teens who date people who go to church together is somewhat different, but not by much. What many consider mature is far from it, and although I wouldn't mind dating now (at 19) I most likely wont for at least a few more years.

Originally posted by mk90+Nov 27 2004, 12:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mk90 @ Nov 27 2004, 12:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--audrey_ga_cowgirl@Nov 27 2004, 09:15 AM

I'm the same way although I may shoot myself for this when I get a girl having her little sibling following us around everywhere or having to watch Mickey Mouse with her parents... [/b]

LOL!!!! Yeah, I feel the same way!!!