Sign in to follow this  
Irish

The 2008 Olympic Games

Anyone watching the women's gymnastics right now? Nastia what's-her-name and Shawn Johnson are sooo amazing! I cheer for them even though I'm in Canada :P And there's this other girl who I didn't catch her name but she wears a white and blue outfit. I loved her! She was so solid and it wasn't nerve-racking to watch her. They're doing floor routines now; the last one. I love hoe CBC does it live! :) Ooh this is so exciting! :P

Guest JAG

They won They won!!!!

Nostia came in first and Shawn in second! GO USA! USA! USA!!!

Yes! Huzzah for the USA!!!

It was truly great to see us sweep gold and silver. Truly. :)

They show the Olympics really late here. Like it's not on yet, and it's 10:30pm. :)

I caught some of it last night, enough to see Phelps win his race and the Korean man's fall on the rings. :D

Guest JAG
They show the Olympics really late here. Like it's not on yet, and it's 10:30pm. :)

I caught some of it last night, enough to see Phelps win his race and the Korean man's fall on the rings. :D[/b]

thats late? Ours didn't end till like 12.

They won They won!!!!

Nostia came in first and Shawn in second! GO USA! USA! USA!!![/b]

AHHH YES!!

I watched the whole thing with my mom!

:usaflag: Go Usaaaaa. xD

phelps is the greatest olympic athlete of all time lol. he won more medals then anyone else[/b]

^in swimming. :P

I know! 7 golds! That's insane. He was shooting for 8 but one of his team members messed it up for them on the relay. I saw this thing on CBC and it said he has size 14 feet. That's huge. It also had his body measurements and seriously, that dude was made to swim.

Women's gymnastics last night was amazing! I was really glad Nastia won. And she was really happy and she was crying and it looked like her dad was going to cry... I was really happy for her. And Shawn Johnson got 2nd, so that's great. The girl from Russia (the one in the blue and white) was really good too. It's crazy how good they all are... I saw some tennis this morning. Nadal beat Novak Djokovic (no idea if that's how you spell it). And I was really hoping Novak would win. He looked so sad when he lost, I felt bad. Then we were watching pingpong (or table tennis). Those people were crazy! I didn't even know that was an olympic sport...

Did anyone see the race by Phelps tonight??? It was the 100 butterfly final I think. Up until the last millisecond he was in secon and everyone was sure he'd finished second. But then the times came up and he'd won by 1 millisecond! Which was absolutly amazing!!!!!!!!!

...... Then we were watching pingpong (or table tennis). Those people were crazy! I didn't even know that was an olympic sport...[/b]

Yeah it is! The Chinese are supposedly really good at it too. A friend of mine went to China last summer and played ping-pong with some of them and he said that they really are good. Maybe that will be one sport they won't have to cheat in....

Oh yeah and did ya'll hear about how they Lip sinked the entire song sung by that little girl? She wasn't realy singing it, which I think was a total rip-off. I mean why do that??

That 100m butterfly was insane! I thought for sure that Michael Phelps had lost and was going to have to settle for second. 1/100 of a second! But I do wish that Ian Crocker could have placed... And I did hear that the little girl who sang from China did lipsync. And that the little girl who really did sing it, they said she wasn't cute enough for tv. That's so sad! That poor little girl... Does anybody know when gymnastics indvidual event finals are? Phelps last race is tonight.....

Have any of you watched the Equestrian events?

I'd like to hear what some non-horse enthusiasts think about the dressage.

IMO, most of it is repulsive. However a lot of horse people and non-horse people alike seem to think it's "really pretty!" Sooo just wondering what all of you thought about the putting-all-my-weight-on-reins and the pulling-my-horse's-chin-to-his-chest thing.

You say it's amazing that he's won eight gold medals but if the track and field guys and gals could run forwards, backwards, sidways, on their hands and also through the javelin 10 different ways I'm sure a few of them might get 8 gold medals.

However, he is an amazing athlete and I will say well done because it is an awesome achievement.