long term - short term relationship

KrustyKlown

long term - short term relationship   

1. 1. long term - short term relationship

hi to all !!

long time since i got back here ,, but you know guys that i'm always looking for sane and logic answers,, and i think that's the best place for it ... so thanx guys in advance,,,

here it is in short ,,

i'm staying in town for 2-3 years ,, single ,, but i have good friends who are keep telling me to data ,, and i keep saying no coz , in 2 years i'm going to leave and go overseas , i just find it not fair to start a relationship with someone that's not going anywhere. i'm not a christian, but i value the concept of long-term relationship.

so there you have it ,, please tell me what u think,,

thanx!

peace

Guest FirefromtheEast
not to sound rude but do u seriously plan to stay single for 3 years? who is the person ;)[/b]

A lot of people do it....

I do not think you should date before you leave, as you already said you like long-term relationships.

If you don't think you should date before you leave, that's totally your preference. Don't worry so much about what other people think. Personally, I think that is a wise decision. It might be beneficial to keep your heart open just in case you find someone special that long-distance can work with.

You and whoever you go out with should have the same ideal end in sight, or it won't work and will end badly :/. If both of you know that it's going to have to end within a few years and you're okay with that, then maybe it'll work, although I wouldn't recommend that at all, since feelings could well change... I would not go out with anyone who didn't think there was a chance or didn't want the relationship to end in marriage. However unlikely anyone else might think that is ;).

There is, of course, the long-distance thing, but especially when overseas that can be really difficult and both of you will need to be seriously committed to keep that working! (i.e. you think you want to spend your life with them, not just keep it going for the sake of it).

My advice is to not force yourself into a relationship. Make friends first and if someone really special happens to come along, then you're going to have to work that one out between yourselves when you get to it.

I agree with Emily. Long distance can work, even overseas, but it's hard. As she said, don't force anything.

As for me, I'm all about the long-term. If you aren't of marriage material, I'm not going to bother. Of course, I'm not looking anymore, as I've found the most marriable girl evah!

Spidey B)

I'm all for long-term relationships. If there isn't at least some potential for it to work long-term, or if you don't think it's possible you could marry the person at some point, I wouldn't get involved.

Long-distance can work, though, if you're willing to put in the effort. I don't think I could do it, but I've seen it happen. =]

I would never give my heart to anyone that I knew would not last. If it was only going to be a fling, short term relationship, I would not engage in it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying single, especially to protect your own heart, as well as the heart of any others that may wish to date you.

However, if someone special DOES come along, someone you could see yourself with long term.. don't miss out, but if you know it will not last, then don't waste your time and heartache.

I think it would be quite useful, it'll give you a chance to see what kind of person you're looking for. Plus, who knows, what if you found someone that would go with you (if going overseas was moving away), or enrolled as well (if you meant overseas as military)? I think it would be well worth it. But that's just IMO. If you find someone that is the person for you, then both would try to work things out, at least I would try.

i wouldn't do it. i mean, essentially, dating is finding the one that is right for you, for marriage. the person you can be one with. does it make sense at all to engage yourself into a relationship to find who is you other half that would take you to the point of having to break up? long distance can work, but its not likely. besides, being single isn't bad. in fact, paul encouraged it. but thats a big long rant i wont get into.

I mean, i've dated people i wasn't sure about, you know?

I'm not going to be Mizz Luv here, but i think it's up to the person.

Advice is always good! But it still has to be up to you if you want to

stay single or try for someone that could blossom into something more.

I mean, we can't all know right away who we're going to be with forever!

I agree with Emily. Long distance can work, even overseas, but it's hard. As she said, don't force anything.

As for me, I'm all about the long-term. If you aren't of marriage material, I'm not going to bother. Of course, I'm not looking anymore, as I've found the most marriable girl evah!

Spidey B)[/b]

I 100 % agree. I am not into dating just to date. If I don't see it going somewhere, then its not for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...