I posted this mainly due to the fact that I DO read the women's forums lol. Reading them sometimes I feel frustrated that I can't respond. Anyway! The purpose of this thread is to ask any questions about guys that you have. Any questions. Whatever is on your mind or you would like to know. I will personally answer everything honestly and I am sure other guys would love answering questions too. So here you go, have at it!

I don't believe in the o's. But I probably put "o's" before bros. That's just the way it goes. Though I won't bail on the guys completely. (It's not like we do anything anyway) Also I assume the o's or whatever means girlfriend. If it means any girl, then I guess it depends on the girl.

Why do they prefer to just run out after an argument rather than talk about it? and why is it so hard for them to give compliments?[/b]

For me it usually seems like the girl who doesn't want to talk. I guess for some guys maybe they don't want to be nagged at about what they did wrong. We'd rather not argue I guess.

We didn't know we were supposed to give compliments? I assume you mean boyfriends?

Why do they prefer to just run out after an argument rather than talk about it? and why is it so hard for them to give compliments?[/b]

Maturity is a big part of it but you have to realize that guys (especially the younger ones) are wired for a different kind of emotion than a girl. You wanna talk when you're upset when we want to punch something and it better not be someone, especially a woman!!! We have a very different method of reacting to stress, emotions, etc.

It shouldn't be hard for guys to give compliments. There's nothing non-macho about that, especially when it makes a woman feel good about herself. Now I will admit we do get kind of numb to it the longer we're with a woman. At that point we need to make it a point to remember to compliment a woman. I tell my wife I love her all the time but I slack on the compliments about how she looks.

(Since there is no "typical" guy, and I certainly don't fit that stereotype, these answers are my answers and are not to be attributed to any other guy unless they quote me and agree.)

Do guys ever secretly stress about their looks?[/b]

To a small extent... want to look nice, but also don't want to look uncaring about myself.

I haven't really experienced the argument part, but mostly because I accede to whoever wants their way. (Need to work on asserting myself lol...) Compliments... well, it's hard for me to give one because I always "think" them and haven't gotten used to expressing them to the individual. Sorry. :blush:

It shouldn't be hard for guys to give compliments. There's nothing non-macho about that, especially when it makes a woman feel good about herself. Now I will admit we do get kind of numb to it the longer we're with a woman. At that point we need to make it a point to remember to compliment a woman. I tell my wife I love her all the time but I slack on the compliments about how she looks.[/b]

I agree...you gotta put forth the effort to compliment your woman....a little bit can go a LONG way in making us feel good.

To an extent, as affogato said, acne can be very annoying. As can being "buff enough" Though I get more annoyed with acne. Sometimes I get fussy about what I wear too lol. I don't know if all guys do, but I do (^_^)

I don't run out after arguments. But I guess some guys do maybe because they get so frustrated that they leave before they lose their temper and start yelling? I personally have to talk things out. I hate it when I don't understand the girl and she doesn't understand me.

As for compliments, I would say I honestly forget lol. Guys are different from girls in that way too. Guys, at least myself lol, don't go looking for compliments. So we don't really remember to give them. They really aren't important to us but we forget how important they are to you girls. I should work on it... But there is a point where we don't want to constantly be telling you how beautiful you are. We (or I) feel that you should already know how amazing I think you are because of how much time I spend with you and the fact that I choose you out of every other girl!

*Edit* I also think it a lot but don't really verbalize it lol. If I verbalized it too much though it would come off annoying I think. (>_<)

Keep the questions coming!

I do actually, im very self conscious. Im weird. I dont like FREAK out, but I do sometimes feel like im not good looking enough

I think its one of those things that guys just want it to end and leave it at that instead of turning it into some big ordeal.

And I always compliment girls haha.. So idk about that one :P

Why do you guys enjoy crude jokes so much?[/b]

I don't... but maybe for other's it is a way to assert one's... "manliness"... idk...

Why is it so hard for you to show your feelings?[/b]

Darn stereotype for men. We can't show our feelings. Personally... I just don't show my feelings in person-person interactions, though I come alive on my livejournal. It's kind of hard.

yes, we do, acne is huge, but then there's the whole stigma about being buff and all that, so, yeah, we do.[/b]

Yes, this man is right.

Why do you guys enjoy crude jokes so much?

I personally don't really like crude jokes anymore. I don't know!

As for the feelings. It is hard to be comfortable showing feeling. It depends on what kind of feelings. We can show some feelings just fine. But sometimes we relate sad feelings with weakness, and guys don't like to show weakness. It's just like feeling vulnerable, I don't know.

But yeah I vent a lot through blogging and am pretty honest there too.

yes, we do, acne is huge, but then there's the whole stigma about being buff and all that, so, yeah, we do.[/b]

Aw! That's so sad. I don't notice acne very much, and I'm not big on overly buff guys.

Poor boys.

Is it true that arm wrestling is the final judgement of manliness?[/b]

Hahahaha :)

Aw! That's so sad. I don't notice acne very much, and I'm not big on overly buff guys.

Poor boys.[/b]

You are awesome then! :) And I wouldn't want to be super buff either, I think that would be gross. But some girls are "a sucker for big arms" Makes them feel safe or something lol. Whateves!

Is it true that arm wrestling is the final judgement of manliness?[/b]

Actually strength is important but more of a mental strength than physical. Keeping one's cool and maturity shows far more strength than losing one's temper or giving into taunts, etc. It takes no strength or will power to lower one's standards.

However, having some muscle and butt kicking know how is more manly as well but the above statement applies to that as well. But I know some good men that are well... weenie's, but they are more of a man than some muscle heads I know as well.

Why do you guys enjoy crude jokes so much?

That depends on the crude factor. Some crude jokes are funny as all get out but if they're on the perverted side I'd rather not hear it.

Again, we're wired different. Especially us older ones. Just because a guy doesn't cry like a chick doesn't mean he isn't sad or what not. I live with more estrogen than I can handle at times and believe me, no real man will cry like a woman. Women cry at happy, sad, depressing and everything else moments. Women are the nurturers while we guys are more the kill and protect side of things. Sounds kinda cave manish but it's how it is for the most part.

Zach D, we need to meet at convention so I can bolster your assertiveness. Look for Calvary Temple of Indianapolis and find me. You might see me around Steve Furr occasionally as well. I'll make a make a man out of you yet. Before you know it you'll be obnoxious and gassy like no other :D

Zach D, we need to meet at convention so I can bolster your assertiveness. Look for Calvary Temple of Indianapolis and find me. You might see me around Steve Furr occasionally as well. I'll make a make a man out of you yet. Before you know it you'll be obnoxious and gassy like no other :D[/b]

Suddenly, I'm very frightened. O_O (Kidding!) But I think I'll pass... :rolleyes:

Suddenly, I'm very frightened. O_O (Kidding!) But I think I'll pass... :rolleyes:[/b]

See! There you are being kinda sheepish. We need to work on you man. Is it the llama's that are making you soft?

See! There you are being kinda sheepish. We need to work on you man. Is it the llama's that are making you soft?[/b]

NO.

Note how touchy I am. :P Seriously, no, though.

NO.

Note how touchy I am. :P Seriously, no, though.[/b]

Don't worry. I'm just messing with you. If I do run across you at convention I won't corrupt you though I've been known to scare a teen or two... but they deserved it and in some cases their parents encouraged it :bangin:

Hey, not every guy has a compliment problem, I give compliments to people all the time, including girls.