Ask A Guy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Are Men Willing To Let A Good Female Go When He Really Want To Be With Her?

Let her go in what way? Not stop her from leaving? If she wants to go, I wouldn't force her to stay with me, but I would very much like her to talk with me about it rather than ditching me.

Let her go in what way? Not stop her from leaving? If she wants to go, I wouldn't force her to stay with me, but I would very much like her to talk with me about it rather than ditching me.

agreed. Many guys are afraid of commitment, but a lot of the time they are being gentlemen and like/love the girl enough that they're willing to put her interests above their own. That being said, it should happen more than it does.

Why do some guys like for their girls to be...well...tomboyish..(like playing sports with them ect.)

and others like their girls to be very feminin...(sp?)[/b]

I've been reading some research on something similar to this quite recently and its been fascinating, In some cases common ground is better and in others it is the opposites that attract.

for instance adventurous people (dopamine powered people) prefer other adventurous people to be with them.equally more home and family focused people (seratonin powered people) prefer others like themselves.

however those who are more analytical (testosterone powered) are attracted to Imaginative and compassionate people (estrogen powered) and vice versa.

applying this to your case its most likely that guys who are naturally sporty will love the sporty girl. but the guys who are the analytical type will fall for the feminine girl.

theres a semi-proper psychological answer fo you XD

haha wow suit man-- I like your thinking. science for me! :D

Why is it so hard for a guy to say sorry when he's actually at fault?. and How do you know when a guy actually means his sorry.? oh and one more thing after he says sorry, why does he after him hearing you say that your still quite mad at him but you forgive him, he thinks everythings okay and back to normal?. :/

Why is it so hard for a guy to say sorry when he's actually at fault?. and How do you know when a guy actually means his sorry.? oh and one more thing after he says sorry, why does he after him hearing you say that your still quite mad at him but you forgive him, he thinks everythings okay and back to normal?. :/

Guys are proud creatures. We struggle to say sorry because to do so would be to admit that you are at fault and that feel bad =(.

After everyone has sad sorry and been forgiven we think everything is okay and back to normal... because it is? Umm, you won't stay mad for long cos you've forgiven right?

And how to tell if a guy is lying... I wish I knew that

Guys like to be right, and if they aren't in a position to openly criticize themselves, they'll automatically think that they have it figured out. When a guy is actually sorry, he'll show it afterwards, not just get all emotional or whatnot at one point, so give him time. And guys go back to normal because that's what we like, knowing that girls still appreciate us despite we screwed up. If the guy takes it too far however, it's a good time to give him a verbal smacking on the face and make him feel terrible, because sometimes that's really the only way that a guy can learn.

Are we? I always say sorry, but sometimes, I'm not sincere....so yeah, it takes time before I say sorry seriously. All guys are optimistic so maybe that's the reason.:))

I have another one: when do the inapropirate/ comments stop???????? I'm entering eighth grade, and last year a lot of the boys (at least the popular ones, but my grade is so tiny, it seems like a lot.), and they seemed to like joking about inapropriate topics, I had to cover my ears once when I was stuck standing behind them!

sorry I mean to say cry!

Guys are a bit less emotional (stereotypically, ergo, on average). Additionally, it's not manly to cry, so guys try to act a bit tougher and "under control".

I have another one: when do the inapropirate/ comments stop???????? I'm entering eighth grade, and last year a lot of the boys (at least the popular ones, but my grade is so tiny, it seems like a lot.), and they seemed to like joking about inapropriate topics, I had to cover my ears once when I was stuck standing behind them!

If the guy starts out making inappropriate comments, they will stop.... approximately never, sadly. Perhaps in professional settings/church he'll be more laid back. It definitely depends on the guy and his views on women and how they develop over time.

Well you know how girls tend to be about saying sorry?

Guys have those problems too.

I have another one: when do the inapropirate/ comments stop????????!

When you marry him.

If not then, when you have kids.

If not then, when you cut out his tongue and display it on a pike.

sorry I mean to say cry!

Because men are beasts out to kill the weak ones. Therefore, crying is a bad idea. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

well if i could have an input here i cry,i cry alot actually but about petty little thigs when me and jo split up i did cry it hurt alot and still does.when i was living in a hostel i cried alot in there too my keyworker(member of staff who supports you)fiona said "your probably the most sensative guy ive ever met"

hey, do you think most guys like the stick figure some girls have, or would they like them more on the curvyer side?

Curvy, by default. The attraction runs all the way to curvy women typically being better at child-bearing. It is (now, was) more beneficial for the man to, erm, mate with the curvy ones to ensure survival of young offspring. That most of us like curvy women now is a residual effect.

I generally just feel the need to protect females, Which (makes them mad) and gets me a lecture. But hey its instinct I guess.

I don't know, I mean, I can't think of any girl I know,including myself, that gets mad when a guy tries to protect her. It's comforting to me- and to every girl that I know. There's a difference between protecting and overprotecting, but when it's protecting, it's very comforting, reassuring,and just plain cute :) okay- i've said too much :/