Ask A Guy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my formal (which was at the end of April) I met a guy (who is my science teacher's son) and apparently made a good impression on him. Even though we only talked because we ate at the same table, and that was only for a few hours, now he's telling my friends that know him better that he wants a relationship with me. I didn't give him my number because I have limited texts, but I had my guy friend give him my email, but he still hasn't contacted me, a month later. So my problem is that I don't exactly feel the same way, and I don't really date, because I'm waiting till I'm older. I'm flattered though and don't want to completely turn myself off to the idea of dating him, in case maybe God wants me to, but I'm not sure what to do. I want to at least be his friend and get to know him first, (I mean, he barely knows me), but what about his feelings for me?

Any thoughts that come to mind for advice would be helpful, thank you. ^.^

So you remember this question of mine?

Well I actually saw the guy again today because it was my high school's graduation, and he goes to my school's church so he knows people that were graduating. So I was actually pretty excited to see him because I haven't talked to him since my formal, and I'd hoped he would be happy to see me too. We were both there long before graduation but we never spoke, because he was busy helping with tech things and I also just didn't have the nerve to go talk to him, even though my friends were threatening to leave me by myself to "make me available". 9.9 Such terrible people. Anywho, at the reception afterwards, my friend dragged me over to where he was (although I did want to be there, I was just really scared), and so we were kind of in a circle of people with him who were talking. Neither of us were saying anything and I was avoiding eye contact, but I realized he might think I didn't want to talk to him or something, so I just looked at him for a couple seconds (while clinging to the arm of my friend) and he looked back but looked weirded out, said "Okayyy then" and walked off! I think I must have ruined something. So throughout the next 20 minutes or so me and my friend would veer in and out of the circles he was involved in but neither of us would say anything. Then there was a moment where it was mainly just the three of us, and my friend started talking to him a little bit. We said a few things to each other but never addressed our situation, if you could call it that. Then he went home. :sad:

So...If he likes me, and it was made known to me that he does, why did he walk off when I looked at him, and why didn't he talk to me? He's really pretty outgoing so it's not because he's shy. Daniel says he's intimidated by me because I don't like him back. I just need a guy's perspective. I feel as though I've done something wrong, like I've ruined any chance I could have had at even a friendship with him.

OKay so I most def need a guy's opion!

So! I'm a hard core christian, I don't normally bend my standards for any guy. I actually am really picky and stuff because I'm wanting to stay pure till marriage.

Here's the jist. I really like this guy named Mike. He and I have been really good friends for about 4 years. WE do everything together involving youth group and he's been over to my house several times. My parents love him.

The problem is I'm trying to date other people because it seems to me like the chance of me dating him is about a one in a million chance. But everytime I turn around I constantly find my self comparing him to other guys in the back of my mind because he's like everything I've ever wanted in a guy.

One day I was giving adivce about a girl to him who went to my school. They were dating at the time, and I warned him "look she's playing you. I see her everyday and she's always flirting with other guys." He went off on me and told me that he never liked me as more than a friend and I needed to give it up. We didn't talk for almost a month and things were way akward. Then out of the blue I got a text from basically saying he was so sorryand it was an I was wrong you were right sort of thing.

Ever since the break up between the two we've been consitantly talking every day over text and meeting up every now and again. Asking if we're going to youth together etc. So since he went off at me I want to believe he has no feelings towards me. Should I push it and ask him if you was serious about it or should I let him make the move?

Yes push it. It's really obnoxious to have to be in the position as the aggressor in any attempt at a relationship. If nothing else, he'll be flattered.

EDIT; Btw when he went off on you he didn't actually know you liked him. That was a shot in the dark. Teenage boys aren't that perceptive.

But... what about those of us who are naturally skinny? I'm a short little stick, with hardly any curves, and I feel unattractive because of it. This affects my self esteem as much as it affects other girls who feel like they're "fat." I wish I were a little curvier.... :/

I know exactly what you mean! I always thought when I got older I would be less skinny and I would get taller. It's fun sometimes, I liked being the one that got do more stuff in the air when I was a cheerleader. But still I wish I wasn't so little. But I guess you gotta be happy with what you have.

Why are guys soooo unaware of everything? Its so annoying to constantly be near a guy you like and he is totally oblivious!!! What should a girl do without being pushy/the pursuer/slutty????? I hardly ever talk to him because i dont want him to be like "ohh she's desperate" cause im not! I have gone my whole life without a single boyfriend and every time I like a guy it never works out. And if i was desperate i would settle for less, but considering i have liked the same guy, no exceptions for like a year with him being totally clueless, idk what to do. Wow, sorry, that was a little more than a question, it was a little vent-y. Lol, but help?

Not sure if it's "universal", but here's some of mine, I suppose. Don't know if I can come up with 5, but I'll try. :)

Can't look you in the eye. (I might occasionally, but my eyes will dart to something else quickly, especially if we lock eyes) -OR IN SOME CASES- Cut the conversation short and suddenly walk away (I've done that before)

If I talk to you first/try notably hard to keep the conversation going. (Goes for either texting or in real life)

If I stumble over my words/stutter

erm...I can't think of 2 more...

Not sure if it's "universal", but here's some of mine, I suppose. Don't know if I can come up with 5, but I'll try. :)

Can't look you in the eye. (I might occasionally, but my eyes will dart to something else quickly, especially if we lock eyes) -OR IN SOME CASES- Cut the conversation short and suddenly walk away (I've done that before)

If I talk to you first/try notably hard to keep the conversation going. (Goes for either texting or in real life)

If I stumble over my words/stutter

erm...I can't think of 2 more...

Just thought of 2 more!

When I ask you if you wanna hang out. Letting you decide is implied.

If I open doors for you, tease you, or anything like that.

Just simple things really that I'm sure all you girls are already aware of.

5 universal body language giveaways guys have/use when they like a girl.

GO.

I'm curious.

Umm, let's see... :

-Teasing you/playing around with you - jokingly making fun of you (Nothing serious)

-Just showing special attention to you, as in more so than he does with other girls...

-If you look especially pretty one day, or it appears you've tried harder to present yourself he will probably try to compliment you

-Also, one way to tell a guy likes you when he compliments you (Because a simple compliment doesn't automatically mean he likes you), is if he is sort of awkward about it lol or if he tries to compliment you and fails and is suddenly embarrassed... because if he likes you and messes up in front of you, he will be sooooo embarrassed...

-If he's like me, he might try harder to make you laugh (because we know most of you love a guy who can make you laugh ;) )

There's more, but I can't think of them ATM

GO.

I'm curious.

When you can point out 5 universal giveaways that a girl likes a guy then I will tell you the 5 secret guy ones which may or may not actually be true.

Also I have condensed the earlier guys responses for your convenience:

Sometime we get nervous and awkward when there is a girl we like but other times we purposefully are friendly. Also occasionally we will appear to ignore you.

Hope this makes sense ^_^

When you can point out 5 universal giveaways that a girl likes a guy then I will tell you the 5 secret guy ones which may or may not actually be true.

Also I have condensed the earlier guys responses for your convenience:

Sometime we get nervous and awkward when there is a girl we like but other times we purposefully are friendly. Also occasionally we will appear to ignore you.

Hope this makes sense ^_^

I love you. :3

And I'd have to answer that in ask a girl. ;)

GO.

I'm curious.

um, I only talk to you if we're both in a conversation about the same thing with friends.

I never EVER come up to you and start talking.Because I'm way too nervous, and always feel as though I really don't deserve her.

I'll stare at you and/or walk up as if I'm going to start a conversation, and then don't.

I notice very small changes in your appearance that most guys wouldn't notice.

I try to avoid you half the time, and follow you around as if I wanted to talk to you the other half.

You get a text from my "friend" saying I like you. *rolls eyes*

do guys cry ?

If a guy doesn't cry he is either A) trying too hard to be a "man," or B) Seen/been through too much and has "no more tears." The second situation is a tough one, it's very hard to melt a guy's heart when he's been through so much. Otherwise, the rest of us generally cry lol (At appropriate times)

( weird ? i know but im curious :) )

are guys afraid of mirrors ?

...umm, I believe this would be a personal issue? I've not met anyone (Male or Female) who is afraid of mirrors.