Ask A Guy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike Spero

This worries me, as my primary form of flirting tends to be sarcastic remarks and teasing.

That's not really a "bad girl" thing, like we were discussing, though. Sarcasm and teasing is just a playful form of flirting, and has nothing to do with character

Guest Mike Spero

Unless it's excessive.

True. There's a difference between playfulness and outright belligerence

Edited by Mike Spero

Guest Mike Spero

I'm sure this has been asked, but just for the heck of it:

Top three character traits you'd want in your girl?

Innocence, devotion, kindness

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has been asked, but just for the heck of it:

Top three character traits you'd want in your girl?

*she's not my girl, she's my girlfriend. She is her own woman. Sorry, just a bit of a pet peeve of mine*

Lessehere, devotion to Christ is one. Generic as it may be.

Brutally Honest. If I'm acting like an idiot, I'd want her to tell me.

Cant think of anything else.

Do you ever feel that you're discriminated against for being a man in an area a woman isn't? Whether with more obvious things like job opportunities or in terms of negative societal views and/or expectations of men. Does being a man get you accusations of being privileged and if so, does this bother you? Do you accept or deny it and what do you believe is meant when people bring it up?

Why do (some) guys perform such stupid stunts without thinking? (my teacher pretended to be a knife thrower with his friend, only he used darts. It didn't end very well :P but at least no one died)

Because reasons

Guest Mike Spero

Do you ever feel that you're discriminated against for being a man in an area a woman isn't? Whether with more obvious things like job opportunities or in terms of negative societal views and/or expectations of men. Does being a man get you accusations of being privileged and if so, does this bother you? Do you accept or deny it and what do you believe is meant when people bring it up?

I HATE THAT SO MUCH!!!! DX< When I hear people say thing about "all men just wanted to get in women's pants" or "teenage boys just wanted to "fornicate" (obviously not that word is used) anything they can, etc. The stereotype that males only value women for sex or have their brain in their pants makes me want to shoot myself in the face :/ Ugh! *goes on hour long rant TT~TT

For the secong part: no, I've never been accused of being privileged by my gender :o

I think everyone gets discriminated against to some level due to gender. My pet peeve is when sexism and racism are talked about as if it's a one way thing. I know the new Thor subject has gotten me in trouble more than a few times and I can't help but think that people wouldn't care as much if I were female and held the same position. Which is really silly to me.

Yeah I think being a conservative Christian white male is pretty much looked at by most people as being handed the world on a silver platter. Or I guess people just sometimes expect that that's the mindset I have. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone gets discriminated against to some level due to gender. My pet peeve is when sexism and racism are talked about as if it's a one way thing. I know the new Thor subject has gotten me in trouble more than a few times and I can't help but think that people wouldn't care as much if I were female and held the same position. Which is really silly to me.

Yeah I think being a conservative Christian white male is pretty much looked at by most people as being handed the world on a silver platter. Or I guess people just sometimes expect that that's the mindset I have. 

Well, when one applies to college and finds that all the scholarships are for the liberal atheistic colored females... one learns to adapt and find money through other means :P

Guys, what would you do if a girl you might like. Walks up and asks for your number right before you go off to college?

I like this guy and the only way to really keep in touch when he's off in college (Florida!) Is to get his number, but we don't really talk that much, so I can't just randomly walk up and ask for his number, and I'm not that brave. What do I do?!

Guys, what would you do if a girl you might like. Walks up and asks for your number right before you go off to college?

I like this guy and the only way to really keep in touch when he's off in college (Florida!) Is to get his number, but we don't really talk that much, so I can't just randomly walk up and ask for his number, and I'm not that brave. What do I do?!

You can't get his number without asking. So just ask!

^ You're gonna have a hard time then. I don't mean that to be rude, its just kinda how it is. You can never really know if someone likes you or not unless they make it really really obvious (and a lot of people don't/won't). Apparently my current guy liked me for a good 8 months before we started dating... and it ended up with me having to ask him out. XD Love and liking always kind of start out in these intensely awkward little movements that no one is sure about. Almost everyone is in the same boat at some point. Now, granted, I'm saying that as someone who waited months and months to ask said guy so I'm a bit of a hypocrite here out but still... At the end of the day its gonna be what do you fear/hate more? Being rejected or never knowing?

So guys, question for you. If you have a particular hobby or something that your into (in my case the beau is into all things aviation and competitive tactical shooting) and the girl you were dating was to try to get partially involved (like, I'm not gonna commit myself hardcore to either of these but I'd like to get the basics down just so we have something more we can do/talk-about together) in such hobbies would you find that annoying or nice? Would there be a point where it becomes over-bearing or trying to hard? Just curious. *shrugs*