If a guy told you to be wary of another guy for seemingly no reason, would you trust him?

If i'm already friends with the first guy, and he was being rather serious, yes.

Guys generally see the things that we don't......

How far is too far when it comes to guys expressing themselves with piercings, tattoos, hair color etc.? (In your opinion.)

How far is too far when it comes to guys expressing themselves with piercings, tattoos, hair color etc.? (In your opinion.)

my opinion:

full body tattoos, weird places for piercings...(i can handle nose, lip, and ears...but other than that.../cringes a little), hair color, just not something crazy...like rainbow.

But honestly, it depends on their personality...and the reason, i guess, of why they're doing that.  XD

(just a note from me...)

How do u all feel about being the first in a queue of people

What if you were last

What if u were 69th in the queue (congratulations you are the sexy customer of the day)

I honestly don't mind tats that much, however you need to keep them off your face, neck, and hands. So, in theory, if your wearing long sleeves and pants I shouldn't be able to see anything. Explicit or just really really stupid tattoos are a no as well and, honestly, while I don't mind sleeves and such if you have them EVERYWHERE that also may be cause for alarm.

Piercings. Straight up, piercings gross me out. Ear piercings are ok, but on a guy I really don't want to see nose/eyebrow/lip piercings or gauged ears. This is more of a personal thing though.

Hair color. Eh. It's not permanent. I have a guy friend who always dyes his hair pink for breast cancer awareness month {well, actually I don't think he's doing it now that he's working}. That's fine. Giant rainbow mohawks? ehhhh not my thing. *shrugs* Really long hair is fine but not preferred.

So in short, theres not much in and of itself that's gonna bother me {cept piercings, but that's me} but I feel like if a guy is really really into tats/piercings/crazy-hair we probably won't hit it off anyway.  XD

Ladies of CTF, let's say I'm taking you out for a mid-morning cup of coffee.

(This is already ridiculous. OUTSIDE of the age gap, I'm too ugly to be dating anyone.)

What do you order?

Depends. My go-to drink order when I'm nervous is just a normal vanilla latte, totally unspecial in any way. But I also have a system, usually I make coffee at home in the mornings see... first cup dressed, second cup black. If you happen to catch me before the second cup but after the first... formula may be different. Also, if a coffee shop has any sort of special or thing they're known for I'll usually go for that. There's a place I went to in Idaho once has a drink called the 'Bowl of Soul' kinda a Mexican hot chocolate/coffee thing. Excellent. Sooo.... Basically I'm sporadic and couldn't tell you for sure but if I order something really simple like a latte it's because I'm nervous and don't want to think enough. XD

//Marleyputstoomuchthoughtintocoffee

I'VE HAD THE BOWL OF SOUL OH MY GOSH I LOVE THAT PLACE. Except it was in the middle of Summer, so I had it iced but still it was sooo good. Coeur D'Alene is so gorgeous and wonderful. Home to a really nice music shop, too. :D

But no, a vanilla latté isn't boring, in my opinion.

to females : What do you value above all else?

Respect. Attention. Relationships. Quality time. Cuddles.

Not necessarily in that order.

to females : What do you value above all else?

Love. Friendship. A shoulder to cry (or laugh) on. Someone to drag to the movies or call late at night. 

(This is already ridiculous. OUTSIDE of the age gap, I'm too ugly to be dating anyone.)

What do you order?

Peppermint hot chocolate.

I'VE HAD THE BOWL OF SOUL OH MY GOSH I LOVE THAT PLACE. Except it was in the middle of Summer, so I had it iced but still it was sooo good. Coeur D'Alene is so gorgeous and wonderful. Home to a really nice music shop, too. :D

But no, a vanilla latté isn't boring, in my opinion.

Bahaha! YES! *high fives* And ya know what? I never would have tried had not this woman in the Irish shop not been like 'Hey, you guys look like coffee drinkers.... you need to drink a bowl of soul.' It was like destiny or something. I lurv Coeur D'Alene.... my folks keep a boat out there so I'm in town all the time during the summers. ^_^

I guess I just think about it that way. Worry that it makes me a 'vanilla personality' It's actually pretty rare for me to find anything coffee that I don't enjoy soo I am adventurous... its just that if someone is behind me I get all flustered and just ramble off 'smallvanllialattepleasethankyou' super fast like a crazy person.

What do you order?

Black coffee with sugar packets. I wouldn't have any reason to go out to get coffee. But that's what I drink at home. If I wanted a special drink and it was Starbucks I'd get a mocha latte with soy milk. One of the few sweet coffee-esque drinks I can drink, because it doesn't have dairy.

Peppermint hot chocolate.

But that's not coffee. D:

Black coffee with sugar packets. I wouldn't have any reason to go out to get coffee. But that's what I drink at home. If I wanted a special drink and it was Starbucks I'd get a mocha latte with soy milk. One of the few sweet coffee-esque drinks I can drink, because it doesn't have dairy.

The only downfall of soy milk (as someone who isn't allergic) is that it's not as thick as regular milk. I love the taste, but I needs tons of it in my coffee.

But plain coffee tells me that you have good taste.

Bahaha! YES! *high fives* And ya know what? I never would have tried had not this woman in the Irish shop not been like 'Hey, you guys look like coffee drinkers.... you need to drink a bowl of soul.' It was like destiny or something. I lurv Coeur D'Alene.... my folks keep a boat out there so I'm in town all the time during the summers.  ^_^

I guess I just think about it that way. Worry that it makes me a 'vanilla personality' It's actually pretty rare for me to find anything coffee that I don't enjoy soo I am adventurous... its just that if someone is behind me I get all flustered and just ramble off 'smallvanllialattepleasethankyou' super fast like a crazy person.

Well next summer we should totally meet up, I'll bring Jael and you can meet Simon. :D

And yay for awkward people! Whenever there's no one behind me, sometimes I like to order whatever drink the barista likes the most. I find that they always enjoy making the drink they love the most.

The only downfall of soy milk (as someone who isn't allergic) is that it's not as thick as regular milk. I love the taste, but I needs tons of it in my coffee.

But plain coffee tells me that you have good taste.

I don't usually drink my coffee plain. I usually put sugar, but no creamer or milk (soy or otherwise) in it. When I'm out of sugar I'll use soy, almond, or coconut milk (whatever we have in the house). I can't drink much hot coffee plain. But cold coffee I can.

I'll be the first to agree that nothing tastes quite like dairy milk. I like both cow's and goat's milk. I can't have either though. Here's a story. I accidentally ate a lactose free, but not dairy free yogurt. It had soy milk as well as milk cultures in it. I thought it was so good. I didn't know soy could be so creamy. But then I look that the ingredients and it has milk cultures. Soy yogurts and coconut yogurts are good, but they're not as creamy and smooth as milk yogurt.  

Well next summer we should totally meet up, I'll bring Jael and you can meet Simon. :D

And yay for awkward people! Whenever there's no one behind me, sometimes I like to order whatever drink the barista likes the most. I find that they always enjoy making the drink they love the most.

:) Yea, could be fun. Though, as a social failure, I'm pretty much terrified of meeting online people... but still. Maybe.

Ohhh. That's a good idea! I'll have to try that next time I buy coffee. Actually had a Matte Latte yesterday {which I ordered having no idea what Matte implied} apparently its basically half latte half green tea. Don't know that I'd order it again, but not bad. ^_^

If I'm gonna drink black coffee it's gotta be Guatemalan, I've discovered.

But I'm getting off topic. Maybe we need a coffee discussion thread. CTF-Coffee-aholics-Anonymous-Except-Not perhaps. XD

Okay, I've posted a coffee thread in The Escape.

But I typically find that the simpler the coffee order, the less maintenance is required for the girl. Would you say I'm wrong? Because I'm always seeing sorority girls ordering low-cal-half-caf-no-whip-extra-shot-latte-extra-foam.

But I typically find that the simpler the coffee order, the less maintenance is required for the girl. Would you say I'm wrong? Because I'm always seeing sorority girls ordering low-cal-half-caf-no-whip-extra-shot-latte-extra-foam.

What exactly does low maintenance versus high maintenance mean? I've heard the term enough, but I'm unsure about the exact definition. I'm not going to freak out if I don't look perfect, but I'm not the type to wear jeans and hoodies often. One of my guy cousins, who is into working out and wears Hollister and A&F clothes, has that type of an order for his Starbucks coffee. Those long orders make me think of You've Got Mail. Tall, decaf, cappuccino. 

What exactly does low maintenance versus high maintenance mean? I've heard the term enough, but I'm unsure about the exact definition. I'm not going to freak out if I don't look perfect, but I'm not the type to wear jeans and hoodies often. One of my guy cousins, who is into working out and wears Hollister and A&F clothes, has that type of an order for his Starbucks coffee. Those long orders make me think of You've Got Mail. Tall, decaf, cappuccino. 

High Maintenance people are uptight. Low Maintenance are more easygoing.

In relationships, high maintenance people need lots of attention or gifts or they'll act out.

Basically, high Maintenance people need things to be juuuust right or they stop functioning properly. Pretty self-explanatory. Personally, I find them to be uptight and rude.

Also, I love You've Got Mail.

EDIT/DISCLAIMER: I am not a woman. I only answered as a knee-jerk reaction to your question. I realize I'm not really qualified to answer questions in the 'ask a girl' thread.

Edited by Foofer

Hello everybody, I wanted to know something, I wanted to share some traits I personally have and I want to know your opinion if you think they are positive traits for a guy to have, starting off I am a germ freak, (only for certain things though like how the house looks and how clean my hands are) I try very hard to have humility, I make sure to not praise myself if at all possible, I respect women for what they have to go through, and I very much feel inferior to most women, because of how much I think there beauty outshines anything I deserve, I try to stay healthy and fit, also, I try to be very good at spelling and intelligence, also, I am a BIG video game guy, yes, I am good with interacting with others, and being social, also, I have been home schooled my whole life, and I have a issue with self restraint due to the nature of some circumstances that are very normal to guys, and last, I have kinda a inferiority complex (or self esteem problem) and that is all I could think of. :)

Edited by Brandon the man

I'd say you're wrong, yes, purely because I really don't think it's possible to make huge statements about someone's personality based on their coffee choice. Call me crazy, but it just seems such a superficial way of understanding people. 

Actually, I'd call it crazy *to* assume that someone is "high-maintenance" based on their choice of coffee.

Actually, I'd call it crazy *to* assume that someone is "high-maintenance" based on their choice of coffee.

I'd say you're wrong, yes, purely because I really don't think it's possible to make huge statements about someone's personality based on their coffee choice. Call me crazy, but it just seems such a superficial way of understanding people. 

Ah, but it's fun though! Same reason why people check their horoscopes, take personality quizzes and learn they're Myer-Briggs classification.

what-your-coffee-says-about-you_51df1d63

Apparently I am 'reflective and indecisive.' By Scott It's correct! XD

Hello everybody, I wanted to know something, I wanted to share some traits I personally have and I want to know your opinion if you think they are positive traits for a guy to have, starting off I am a germ freak, (only for certain things though like how the house looks and how clean my hands are) I try very hard to have humility, I make sure to not praise myself if at all possible, I respect women for what they have to go through, and I very much feel inferior to most women, because of how much I think there beauty outshines anything I deserve, I try to stay healthy and fit, also, I try to be very good at spelling and intelligence, also, I am a BIG video game guy, yes, I am good with interacting with others, and being social, also, I have been home schooled my whole life, and I have a issue with self restraint due to the nature of some circumstances that are very normal to guys, and last, I have kinda a inferiority complex (or self esteem problem) and that is all I could think of. :)

You sound like a sweet kid and I'm sure you'll find a girl that appreciates all these qualities. That said, until it get's the the point of arrogance, confidence is nearly always an attractive thing and also a good thing. A lot of people think that Confidence is synonymous with pride but it really isn't. While your striving towards humility is admirable, take care that you arn't belittling yourself ether. Don't feel 'inferior' to woman... We're all people and I fear that sometimes, because we may not understand eachother, we put the opposite sex on a pedestal that they probably won't be able to live up too. Were all just people you see. More human than man or woman. Good luck!