Okay well my period is nothing like that... I've always been a odd one :D

And lucky, I guess...

My period is like... I'm on my period? I didn't even notice! Wow! I'm lucky...

I feel really bad when I hear about all the cramps and stuff people have... How tragic... Lucky me :)

I sound very mean. But really...

Ladies, if you'd like to talk about your period, please do so in a different thread. Our younger guy members might not be as enthusiastic to learn what your menstrual cycle is like.

On a different note... have any of you felt "Maternal Instincts" kick in when dealing with children or even being around people younger than you? Like, "I must protect this baby" even though there is nothing wrong with the situation?

I ask because I somewhat doubt the existence of such. That it's more of a human-wide thing of protecting the younger than it is a woman only deal.

On a different note... have any of you felt "Maternal Instincts" kick in when dealing with children or even being around people younger than you? Like, "I must protect this baby" even though there is nothing wrong with the situation?

I ask because I somewhat doubt the existence of such. That it's more of a human-wide thing of protecting the younger than it is a woman only deal.

I'm not gonna say that I want to protect all kids even when "theres nothing wrong with the situation" but with the kids I work with? Where there almost always IS something wrong with the situation? ... Bascially I end up wanting to maternal-instinct the heck out of them all the time.... Seriously there are like four kids on my caseload that I've legitimately been like "HE/SHE JUST NEEDS SOMEONE TO LOVE HIM/HER!!!!! ...... I will adopt you." before realizing that that is an ENTIRELY nonsensical thought. This extends to friggen everyone though. You show the slightest bit of physical/emotional weakness around me and I will immediately either freeze in a fit of social-anxiety (ERMAGERD HOW DO I MAKE IT BETTER!! IDK!) or, like, surround you with 'there there's" and offers of sympathy.

I had a teacher break down and cry in front of me last week. This woman has been teaching probably as long as I've been alive, but I still instantly went into "Must protect so-and-so" mode. This isn't a bad thing, but you gotta realize when it's getting in the way of the end-game.

My experience with men is that with the exception of certain guys they tend to do this less. Sure, nearly all guys would protect a kid on principle or because, well, their not heartless jerk but my experience has been that they don't all just gush after kids the way that woman tend too.  In my experience, women will often say "I love kids!" where as a man is more likely to say "I like my kids." And that's not to say that it's universally one way or another, just a trend but idk. 

Ladies, if you'd like to talk about your period, please do so in a different thread. Our younger guy members might not be as enthusiastic to learn what your menstrual cycle is like.

My bad. I constantly forget that Ask a Girl isn't in the ladies section.

No. Not really. I feel like I'm the only female without a maternal instinct. I'm not the biggest fan of children,  While I wish them no harm, I also want very little to do with them,Babies are fine until they scream or poop and then it's back to mommy and I no longer care.

The only thing that sets me off is hearing a child cry in terror. Then somebody better brace them-self for the butt-whoopin' that's headed their way. I don't care what parent, clown, Easter Bunny or Santa Claus I have to go through.

Or puppies. I kind of get super "you're my baby now, yes, yes you are." with baby animals.  humans? Nahhhh.

My biological clock has been ticking since I was 17. I'm permanently broody. So, yes, my maternal instinct kicks in, but not necessarily about protecting the child, more about looking after them. Does that distinction make sense? 

Yes. I will be the first to say YES to this entire situation. XD But I am also just overly-protective and even my mother says I can be a control freak... XD

Nope. When I need to protect a baby it's because it's about to be smacked by another baby with a walking stick and all the other adults are distracted. I wouldn't call that maternal instinct. I find that most of my time with children is spent being the mean old aunt who won't let the kids get onto or into things they shouldn't. >:[

And it's all a constant reminder of why I will never have children. -_-

What makes y'all glad your not a guy?

Um.. I don't know how to put this really... uhhh... well, this is the best I got. .

While being a female isn't all fun and games, I do not have to ever worry about anything below the belt suddenly becoming more pronounced .

It is more socially acceptable for me to be emotional, and I am an emotional human being. Convenient.

My sexuality is not questioned for snuggling with my friends.

If a guy is ugly, he's just screwed. If a girl is ugly, she can wear makeup! Hah. :P

Facial hair. None.

I get enough knicks shaving my legs, don't need to do it to my face.

It is normal for a girl to consistently cry. XD

I don't know if there's stuff that makes me glad I'm not a guy, but more the fact that being female is deeply engrained in my identity, that feminine identity is something I cherish and value and enjoy etc. 

1. No facial hair, lovely idea.

2. You can be emotional and you're not considered weird.

3. You can wear these super pretty dresses.

4. You can wear makeup to cover up flaws, if need be.

5. You can cuddle or rest your head on someone's shoulder and no one thinks anything of it.

I don't know if there's stuff that makes me glad I'm not a guy, but more the fact that being female is deeply engrained in my identity, that feminine identity is something I cherish and value and enjoy etc. 

Ooohhh this is golden. I like this. 

No. Kids as a unit give me a headache. However, I am 100% less likely to snap at/be mean to someone in their formative years in person. Or on the phone. If you're a child, and you're near me, it'll be like you exist only when you talk directly to me.

No the exception would be if it was my kid/my siblings kids. In this situation I would have no choice but to be informative, attentive and protective.

Nothing. I'd be much happier not giving a carp if I was a fellow.

Yes, I have. I've got 9 nieces and nephews, I tend to be very protective. I'm around younger kids a lot too.