Ask A Girl.

What are y'alls thoughts on athleticism, particularly those of us lacking?

Not everyone is athletic (I'm not).... So if you are healthy despite being non-athletic, there isn't any problem at all :)

What are your thoughts on guys that can cook?

Yes yes yes yes yesssss. I am not a good cook, so a guy that can cook is a + but it isn't really a downside if he can't.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest answers please. If you see a guy hanging out with a bunch of pretty girls, what do you think at first? And even after a year if he's sgtill hanging out with them, what are u thinking then?

Depends what he looks like. If he looks kind of girly then he's gay, kind of sleazy then man-ho and if he's good looking then I just assume he's hanging out with the girls from his usual good looking group. Most likely gay though.

Well, then I would assume he's one of those feminine guys that tends to get along better with girls and doesn't like the company of guys. Unfortunately, society would assume he's in the closet.

no I dnt get along well with other guys. They're all either jerks to me or just very immature. But I'm nt in the closet. I'm a proud straight male.

Honest answers please. If you see a guy hanging out with a bunch of pretty girls, what do you think at first? And even after a year if he's still hanging out with them, what are u thinking then?

Either they're best buddies or he's a player (if he's INSANELY good looking.) Or there's always gay...espeically if he talks with his hands around a bunch of girls...

So if a girl says "You're pretty much my number one best guy friend" what do they mean?
They mean just that.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Honest answers please. If you see a guy hanging out with a bunch of pretty girls, what do you think at first? And even after a year if he's sgtill hanging out with them, what are u thinking then?
It depends what he looks like. If he's hot, then I'd think he was a huge flirt. If he's acting/talking really girly, I'd think he was feminine. If he was just... normal?... then I'd think he just gets along better with girls.

My first thought: He wants to date one of them but they threw him in the friend zone or he isn't quite good looking enough for them, yet continues to hang out with them with high hopes

I actually don't tend to think people are gay just by that.

My first thought: He wants to date one of them but they threw him in the friend zone or he isn't quite good looking enough for them, yet continues to hang out with them with high hopes

I actually don't tend to think people are gay just by that.

lol believe it or not it started out that way but i lost hope. Theyre my best friends though so i hang out w them. they treated me better then all the jerk guys i know.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

One thing ive noticed is that EVERY girl talks about how she wants to date a guy who cares more about her personality than her looks, but then they spend a lot of time on make up, hair, clothes, and even dieting. Why? Doesn't that just attract the wrong guys MORE?

lol believe it or not it started out that way but i lost hope. Theyre my best friends though so i hang out w them. they treated me better then all the jerk guys i know.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

One thing ive noticed is that EVERY girl talks about how she wants to date a guy who cares more about her personality than her looks, but then they spend a lot of time on make up, hair, clothes, and even dieting. Why? Doesn't that just attract the wrong guys MORE?

A lot of women don't spend a lot of time on hair, makeup and clothes for men. Don't flatter yourselves :P It's more of a confidence boost. That sort of thing is just fun and it's always exciting getting new clothes and makeup. Do you suggest that women should not care about their appearance, wear low quality clothing and remain overweight in order to attract a good guy? It's just something women do for themselves.

Lol so I'm either feminine or gay and I dnt know it. Wow...

Sorry about the answers to your question but yeah, that's the stereotype. Some people might get jealous that you're with so many pretty girls. Count yourself lucky. =D

So if a girl says "You're pretty much my number one best guy friend" what do they mean?

She means that you are pretty much her number one best guy friend. It doesn't have to mean anything more and chances it doesn't.

I don't spend a lot of time on any of those things but that is beside the point. Women want to look pretty because it makes them feel good about themselves, not necessarily because they want to attract men. There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself, and there is also nothing wrong with wanting people to like you because of your personality.

Ex: If you want friends who are friends with you because of your personality, MUST you not care at all about how you present yourself? The two can coexist without any difficulty..

So... is ZZ Top correct? Every girl's crazy for a sharp-dressed man?

Hey, sharp-dressed is good, if the occasion is right. :)

I didnt mean by this that i want every girl to be masasively overweight and just stay the way they looked like after they woke up. I meant why do they want to change themselves? (i.e. if they have curly hair they straighten it, put on tons of make up) I know girls that weigh barely over 100 lbs that still think they need to lose weight.

Guest FirefromtheEast

I didnt mean by this that i want every girl to be masasively overweight and just stay the way they looked like after they woke up. I meant why do they want to change themselves? (i.e. if they have curly hair they straighten it, put on tons of make up) I know girls that weigh barely over 100 lbs that still think they need to lose weight.

My copy&pasted from a previous question that addresses the same issue (emphasis added):

"Some females are insecure about weight due to what oozes out of the fashion industry. Many models look like nothing more than coat-hangers for the clothes the are wearing. Although some of these high fashion models have died from malnutrition and heart failure, many females still feel as if they'll be considered ugly if they don't look thin. For females, beauty does not only affect how we are seen by the men in our lives, but also our success. Women/girls who are seen as ugly are also often seen as a stock character of sorts. She is funny, fat and ugly - not someone to take very seriously. It is extremely unfortunate, but it seems to be the way most people think."

^^^Though this response was to a weight question, the same answer holds for beauty and everything else in regards to looks. As unfortunate as it is, women who are "beautiful" (I put that in quotes because I am referring to a degrading society's view of beauty) are usually portrayed as the most successful. Though again, I'd like to point out that this is merely from my experience.

The time I spend straightening my hair and applying my (minimal) makeup is strictly for me. Even if I knew I wouldn't see anyone that I wanted to "impress," I would still do the same things. Why? Because when I look in the mirror, I know what I want to see, and if I don't see it, I'm not happy with myself, and I won't feel as confident. I don't know if it's something that guys can completely understand. While I know that some guys struggle with self-esteem issues, I think those struggles are different from the ones that women face. At times, the modern world seems to base a woman's worth solely on her appearance, while being much more forgiving towards men. This puts an undue amount of pressure on us females, to which we respond by working hard to appear as "perfect" as possible. Just my jumbled thoughts. =)

^^^

Um, yeah. They really mean just that. But props to you, you're obviously super awesome! In case you wanted more explanation, all I can say is that lots of girls have a best girl friend and a best guy friend, so it's like making the top two, and the top for your gender. Make sense?

Lol so I'm either feminine or gay and I dnt know it. Wow...

You my friend make me crack up. XD

So to answer your long ago question, in my opinion, I'd probably look at you and be like "player." If you're with even one other dude I'd not think anything of it. And it depends on how the girls are acting; if they're being all giggly and flirty I'd really think you were a player. If y'all were like sharin ipods and just talkin about whatever I'd see you as perfectly average teenagers. *shrug* If you're still hanging out with those girls I probably know you so it wouldn't be weird, (either that or I've just been stalking you for the past year), but if it's really been that long I could probably tell that you are an average teenager just hangin with some buddies.

I don't straighten my hair to impress a guy. I do it because I think that's what looks best on me. I go to an all girls school and even then I straighten my hair. It's more of a confidence thing. Putting on makeup can also be a confidence thing and a form of expression. Guys dye their hair too but it's not necessarily to attract a girl.