Sign in to follow this  
metroid_GCG

The Debates

do we need The Debates?  

1. 1. do we need The Debates?

I think so long as they are done in a charitable and humble manner, they can prove very fruitful as we all strive to grown in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I was disheartened to see that this site did not allow atheist/theist debates, we need always to be ready to "given an answer to every man who asks for the reason of the hope that is within us, with meekness and fair." One primary task of the Christian is to further the gospel amongst heathens. In fact, I would suggest that we should sooner debate atheists than each other. Anyway, that's my opinion, lol.

Yes. Debates give everyone a window into other people's opinions and thoughts. They have helped me solidify my faith, and defend my political beliefs. It really forces people who participate to look into their opinion, and to know how to back it up 100%. I love the debates.

Yes.. I love debates. I don't debate much on here, but still. I like to read them and forums need a place for debates... or else every single thread will turn into one :D

I don't really see the need for debates. They kind of get on my nerves; a lot of the people there act like they know everything, and only their opinion matters <_<

They kind of get on my nerves; a lot of the people there act like they know everything, and only their opinion matters dry.gif[/b]

You mean it DOESN"T!?

--

Here's a simple fix to the problem who don't like the debates: don't read 'em. WOOOOOOOW! Can you believe I came up with that all on my own!?

If we closed the debate forums I guarantee you that like half of the active members here would barely post.

People don't understand that debates are good. They aren't supposed to "change someone's mind" they are supposed to allow you to fully express your own opinion and back it up, and they are also useful for finding the truth of a matter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a good debate.

Said catholichick, 4 years later.[/b]
Yeah...Pay attention to the dates next time, puhlease...[/b]

Seriously. There is nothing wrong with old threads.