?your Distractions?

chuck

There was an interesting topic in the debate section on if sports was a distraction from God. I believe we do allow sports to distract our focus from God but we also allow many many other things to do so too. So the poll question is what do you believe is in YOUR life that causes you to be distracted from God?

Some of mine are;

this computer stuff

TV

Radio

my biggest is my own lazyness too

I really never become distracted from God. I try to mix in God with whatever I'm doing in my life.

Whether I'm on the computer doing a task, or hanging out with my family. I always try to either read the Bible or get God into a discussion. It flows evenly and a lot of friends are impressed with my knowledge and kindness. :)

I really never become distracted from God. I try to mix in God with whatever I'm doing in my life.[/b]

I also try to mix God in with whatever I'm doing, and I try to pray constantly. I'd say that my computer, my school work, and my friends are the biggest distractions, though.

Ugh, definitely homework. I use it as an excuse not to read my Bible, because there have been days when I'll come home from school, shower, eat dinner, and do homework until 11pm, and go to bed without thinking about God once.

So I guess any stressful, time consuming obligations distract me from God.

But I'm glad you brought this up; it's a good eye-opener. ;)

I can't think of one specific thing, to be honest. Sometimes a thing (horses, for example) will distract me from God, other times, it will put my mind right on him. I do get wrapped up in my own doings, though, whatever they happen to be. I can't blame one thing, except for my easily distracted nature, hahah.