Sign in to follow this  
meggie12695

Good Quotes?

“Consider what really impacts you at the gut level. What makes you cry? What makes you dream? What gives you energy?â€

—John C. Maxwell

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. -Walter Bagehot

my all time favorite quotes are from twilight.

altho i don't have any of the books on hand...

so i'll just have to go w/ the one i remember from Midnight Sun

"oh, and also, i'm wretchedly in love with you"

aww i love Edward :)

Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.

There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.

If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere.

Money won't make you happy... but everybody wants to find out for themselves.

It's not what you've got, it's what you use that makes a difference.

Make failure your teacher, not your undertaker.

-Zig Ziglar

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind

don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

--Dr. Seuss

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

-- Dr. Seuss

Yay Dr. Seuss!

And this one is funny:

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."

I love this:

"I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but no one with such justice. I am happier even that Jane; she only smiles, I laugh." -Lizzy from Pride and Prejudice (the book)

I also really like this one, which I heard just the other day, and thought was really creative:

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Suess

This quote makes me laugh everytime -

'But if you ever bring her back damaged again — and I don’t care whose fault it is; I don’t care if she merely trips, or if a meteor falls out of the sky and hits her in the head — if you return her to me in less than the perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. Do you understand that, mongrel?'

Edward Cullen - Twilight.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:1-5

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens

- Jimi Hendrix

We accept the love we think we deserve

- The perks of being a wallflower

Faith is not belief. Belief is passive, faith is active

- Edith hamilton

You dont have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body

- C.S. lewis

Sorry, I couldn't hear you -- there's laughing in my head

-Pheobe buffay

"The funny thing is Satan is the greatest sinner of all, yet no one prays for him"~ Mark Twain

"Get your facts first, then distort them as you please"~MArk Twain

"The only thing it takes is for evil to triumph is a few good men, to do nothing."

"Your stupid if you don't know what you getting into and yet you go, you are brave if you know what you are getting into and still go"~ME

I love quotes! Here are a few of my favorites:

"Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire."

- W B Yeats

“Imagine that the Earth - 4.6 billions years old -was a 46-year-old woman... The Earth Woman was 11 years old when the first single-celled organisms appeared. The first animals, creatures like worms and jellyfish, appeared only when she was 40. She was over 45 -- just eight months ago - when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The whole of human civilization as we know it began only two hours ago in the Earth Woman's life.â€

- Arundhati Roy

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

“The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.â€

-- Walter Bagehot

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.".

-- Aristotle

"No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 10

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it."

- Gandalf

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."

- Henry Ford

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

Gandhi

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

- A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens

oo I have alot of favorite quotes

one was from an native american cheif in my area who spoke at the ceremony that was held while the moving wall was in my town over memorial day this past year

"Beauty does not come from a mirror but instead from your spirit heart" The Sleeping One

And from my sig

"How would telling people to be nice to one another get a man crucified? What government would execute Mister Rodgers or Captain Kangaroo?"

-- Philip Yancey

There was a time when we expected nothing of our children but obedience, as opposed to the present, when we expect everything of them but obedience.

Anatole Broyard

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.

A. A. Milne

Well, I recently found a new one that I absolutely LOVE! We're reading Hamlet in English :P

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

....love it! <3

I found some more.....

The tooth fairy teaches children they can sell their body parts for money ~ facebook flair :P

Everyday, do something that scares you ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Truth is no heavier, no more beautiful than lies. Yet there is something that makes me love the truth, and that truth and that love made me wander and worry until the truth was given to you, like a gift. For this in the end is what we have. The love of something. There is much to love, and that love is what we are left with. When the bombs stop dropping, and the camps fall back to the earth and decay, and we are done killing eachother, that is what we must hold. We can never let the world take our memories of love away, and if there are no memories, we must invent love all over again.

~The true story of Hansel and Gretel

One of my personal favorites is "The more I learn, the more I realize that I know nothing at all"

When people aske me why I have a journal, I simply reply "If your life is worth living, its worth writing about"

And one that I loved was in Kung-Fu Panda, when Master Sheifu asked the Turtle Ugway how they were going to determine who the dragon warrior was, the turtle said the wisest thing he could've sad "I don't know" he could've so much, but he admited that he just didn't know. I loved that.

I spent ages looking for this thread! I had to go through all my 'member's posts' to find it, just for this:

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

- Don Marquis

:lol: Seems a bit of a waste, really.

my favorites are by albert einstein:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"If at first the idea is not absurd, there is no hope for it."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

(i also have a few more...less clean...favorites by other people :P )

from my friend's little sister to my little brother

"If you dont let me go first it might hurt my feelings "

his reply

"But I will be sad if you go first"

My favourite quotes are from Dr.Seuss

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go.- Dr. Seuss

All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot- Dr. Seuss

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss

Oh, I've got a couple.

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we, they never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.†- George W. Bush

"With every day with every breath, we all grow one step closer to death." ~ Eric Matthews, Boy Meets World

"Idiots everywhere in this world..." ~ Adrian Hates

"The world is full of stupid people." ~ 8th Grade English Teacher

I'll have some more later.