Sign in to follow this  
.Ari.

Another Peaceful Protest

And that is not bashing any believe right there? Democracy is not even the issue we are discussing. I don't care if you don't like it, but I got warned for "bashing" Isalm so show some respect, I have many family memebers that gave thier blood for Democracy. Not trying to argue Mods, if it comes across that way, then I am sorry.[/b]

Uhh...is it not obvious that he was joking?

:rolleyes:

Is it scary that I didn't realize Eclipse was joking, yet I actually agreed with him?[/b]

This is why I love you.

I didn't realize that the moderators now had the power to write their own rules and enforce them as inconsistantly as they see fit.[/b]

Your comment could be and most likely was viewed as offensive. Easily. Either refrain from saying such things, or have the courtesy to apologise if it is taken the wrong way.

This is covered in rule one.

I did a term paper on Islam (somehow got a 100 on it) and it's a very confusing religion. I don't grasp the concept of it very well.

Basically, their main goal is to get to "paradise", or as Christians know it, Heaven.

(^That fact actually comes from a book that I used for the term paper, and I'll cite the source if need be)

As for the whole peaceful religion thing, I think peace is found within one's self, not as a whole. People have to find peace within themselves before they can rightfully seek to make peace with anyone else.

I didn't make this thread for discussing Islam. It was more of a reflection on the use of violence in protesting violence from the hypocritical standpoint of doing such in the name of peace. On a side note, my involvement with protests of this nature has made it obvious to me that some act out of a context of anti-Semitic hate instead of true regard of the issue.

Maybe move the discussion regarding Islam being a violent religion to here instead of the thread about this peaceful protest :P

I didn't make this thread for discussing Islam. It was more of a reflection on the use of violence in protesting violence from the hypocritical standpoint of doing such in the name of peace. On a side note, my involvement with protests of this nature has made it obvious to me that some act out of a context of anti-Semitic hate instead of true regard of the issue.

Maybe move the discussion regarding Islam being a violent religion to here instead of the thread about this peaceful protest :P[/b]

Well as far as hypocrisy goes, I'm not sure if the people in those rallies were really advocating peace... to be fair, in many cases they were probably demonstrating for the wholesale destruction of Israel.

If that makes it any better. lol.

Argh!!! Makes one want to join the IDF and smash some Hamas face in.

Honestly though... I don't understand how one can be on Hamas's side.

^ I may be able to answer that.

They think Isreal are ganging up on Hamas, Hamas are alot smaller, they cant win. So they think Isreal should let them off in a way. Isreal arent, so they hate Isreal.

They dont seem to know whats going on to well <_<

But it's such a peaceful religion![/b]

Yeah, no joke

oh and on a moderator note warnings will be issued for disrespecting other religions, post with respect at all times.[/b]

You mean like saying one religion is not peaceful? Does this mean we can't speak out against other (false) religions on CTF? (just a question)

^^^ I gotta agree with Deeper here....saying you don't think a religion is peaceful...or saying you dont believe a religion is right is not worthy of disciplinary action. Its an opinion. And I think since this is a Christian forum, saying another religion is false should be perfectly acceptable.

<_< seeing as people won't just take my comment as it was

1. I did not say " accept the religions and embrace them and don't say anything bad about them" I merely said "don't disrespect them" which means be mindfull with your words.

2. It was not made in response to any particular post already in the thread. (If it was the post in question would no longer be there!) It was a reminder because these threads have quickly fallen in the past to flamewars and just a bunch of posts of worthless bashing.

And 3. If you do ever have a problem with anything I do then you pm me, another moderator or an admin about it, you do not derail the thread. and if anyone does wish to discuss this further thats what they should do.