Gay banned from FCA?

twinlyheart

• 1 month later...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is discrimination and I am sure that the person in question could sue and win. I am also sure it has very little to do with the actual orginization and much more to do with the biggots who lead the group.[/b]

Sueing them is not the best answr because God says in his word not to do it but you/they should stand up. I am an FCA officer at my school and im appaled that the FCA at your school would do such a thing i think the coach should be talked to about how God came to die for every one and He said in His word that "when you have done it unto the least of these you have done it unto Me" so by turning the bi stdent away i feel they turned God away

i am 18 btw just so you know were my view point is coming from

A lot of people on CTF would agree the homosexuality is not a sin.I see more people for it then against it.[/b]

not saying what was done is right by any means but homosexual acts are a sin it sas so in the bible that a man is not to lie with a man as he does a woman and a man is no to lie with an anml as he does a woman

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I will admit that I myself is gay and what they did to that kid was totaly out of line. this is how I see it, it doesn't matter if that person is gay or not you still need to give that person a chance. Its just like that whole dont ask dont tell policy that the military is fighting over right now. I also think they should let gays and lesbians serve in the military. Its not always about your oriantation, its about what can you really do. For example, if someone wanted to be an aircraft mechanic in the military lets say, then let them. It doesnt matter if they are gay or not, if they can do the job great, than thats all. We need to stop bieng so closed up by the gay community. They are no different than anyone else, and yes we should give them a chance to do what it is they want.

• 3 years later...

I agrea, I personally don't think this was okay for the group to do. It's a sin, just as every other one of the members of that organization have also comitted. I have comitted sins myself, they should definitely think to themselves "Do not judge others because they sin differently than you". I think that needs to be brought to the attention of the members of the club.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

They shouldn't have banned them. So what if they are bi?! As followers of Christ, we need to come together and join forces to bring the love and Word of God to those in need. That's like kicking a sinner out of the church. What good will it do to preach salvation and repentance every service to a bunch of saved people? Kids in schools need Jesus, but they won't find Him with actions like that.

Broooo this thread is from 4 years ago.

but

“A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality,” he said to Jesuit priest Fr. Antonio Spadaro, who conducted the interview for La Civilta Cattolica. “I replied with another question: ‘Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?’ We must always consider the person.” 

• 4 weeks later...

As far as the topic goes, I don't agree at all with just shutting out LGBT in any place, organization, or anything.. As it was said earlier, they allow non-Christian people into FCA (which they should), but they want to discriminate against gay kids?

I don't like the sound of "love the person, hate the sin" either- We should love the person, period. Everyone sins, so are you going toss out the druggie too? The prostitute? The thief? No? People focus too much on "Homosexuality" - It's a sin, yes, but so is LYING. So stop worrying about it, and love them, help them work through it, and stop DISCRIMINATING.

• 7 months later...
Guest Mike Spero

We should love the person, period. Everyone sins, so are you going toss out the druggie too? The prostitute? The thief? No? People focus too much on "Homosexuality"

I agree fully with this. This issue is only so widely-broadcast because the whole issue of homosexuality being immoral is controversial, by definition. Most people forget "druggies", prostitutes and thieves get shunned and denied access to "Christian" places as well, and no one would post about something about that because no one cares. We're all so focused on homosexuality being immoral according to Christians and that topic alone because the world chooses to attack us about that, seeing as how they so readily cast out all the "druggies", prostitutes and thieves themselves. It's the world's way of trying to disprove something that threatens their selfish and evil lifestyles, by finding and exploiting a rule to make our Faith sound as if it is hypocritical and not loving/accepting at all. And so, we all focus on only the homosexuals we cast out to defend ourselves against a false accusation, and forsake the injustices we commit against everyone else. In reality, Christians will take anyone much more readily than the world. We aren't perfect; we have our conceited bigots like everyone else, but homosexuality is only so focused on because it's being constantly used to attack us. When will the world start caring about all the people you listed being denied by so-called Christians, as well as themselves? When will we? Oh yeah, we won't. Cause like the world, our Faith is full of conceited bigots.

I feel bad for this kid. I hope he found a group that accepted him and showed him the true love and acceptance of Jesus.

We should love the person, period. Everyone sins, so are you going toss out the druggie too? The prostitute? The thief?

All of these practices are enough to get you tossed out of school, let alone the FCA. There are good reasons for that.

The question isn't so simple as "do we accept or reject?" There are contextual questions of acceptance. "Do I accept this person as a fellow human being?" vs "Do I accept this person as a friend?" vs "Do I accept this person as a valid applicant to my program?" and so on. 

The FCA is clearly a contextually discriminatory program, since it's essentially a club for Christians, "Christian" having some non-negligible definition. It seems reasonable theoretically for one of the tenets of "Christian" to include a rejection of homosexual lifestyles.

Of course, that's completely untenable from a political point of view. The FCA can't adopt that definition and survive as an organization. So I wouldn't get your panties in a bunch.

Edited by Yves

Guest Mike Spero

All of these practices are enough to get you tossed out of school, let alone the FCA. There are good reasons for that.

D..did you just...?

Let me get this straight: Did you just make a comment implying that prostitutes and thieves shouldn't be allowed an education or entrance to a Christian group they're seeking? What about people with planks in their eyes who will be judged by God with the great magnitude that they have judged, hm? I highly doubt a prostitute or thief who found Christ wouldn't be so un-Godly that they'd deny YOU entrance to a group for your blind arrogance

D..did you just...?

Let me get this straight: Did you just make a comment implying that prostitutes and thieves shouldn't be allowed an education or entrance to a Christian group they're seeking? What about people with planks in their eyes who will be judged by God with the great magnitude that they have judged, hm? I highly doubt a prostitute or thief who found Christ wouldn't be so un-Godly that they'd deny YOU entrance to a group for your blind arrogance

Chris is right, Mike. It is totally reasonable for a Christian group to have standards of behavior.

Guest Mike Spero

Chris is right, Mike. It is totally reasonable for a Christian group to have standards of behavior.

My church and myself would probably disagree with very few comments stronger. We've had thieves, addicts, and a prostitute in our youth group alone and God found them all. We are called to dine with the tax collectors, preach to harlots and accept all as they come. Someone you all claim to know seems to have done exactly that... Behavior standards would be: "No stealing from the members of the group or having sex behind the church", not denying a child from the knowledge and love of Jesus for their sin.

Well, have fun with the stone tied around your necks as you're cast into a river by God, everyone! At least you'll all have your ignorant fallacy of disguising condemnation and slapping in the faces of our children in the name of your God.

Edited by Mike Spero

My church and myself would probably disagree with very few comments stronger. We've had thieves, addicts, and a prostitute in our youth group alone and God found them all. We are called to dine with the tax collectors, preach to harlots and accept all as they come. Someone you all claim to know seems to have done exactly that... Behavior standards would be: "No stealing from the members of the group or having sex behind the church", not denying a child from the knowledge and love of Jesus for their sin.

Well, have fun with the stone tied around your necks as you're cast into a river by God, everyone! At least you'll all have your ignorant fallacy of disguising condemnation and slapping in the faces of our children in the name of your God.

There is a massive difference between excluding someone from church or the community of faith and refusing their entrance into a club. Those two situations are not at all alike. Of course we are to embrace sinners with open arms, but that doesn't mean everyone can be a part of everything.

Let me get this straight: Did you just make a comment implying that prostitutes and thieves shouldn't be allowed an education or entrance to a Christian group they're seeking? 

No, I stated a descriptive fact: Students who break the law habitually and get caught get expelled. Larceny and prostitution are both serious crimes.

Guest Mike Spero

No, I stated a descriptive fact: Students who break the law habitually and get caught get expelled. Larceny and prostitution are both serious crimes.

Oh, alright. I misunderstood you, in that case. I thought you were saying they should be denied access to seeking Christ

Guest Mike Spero

Wow...If I had been facing that when I was and not been able to participate in school activities....I wouldn't want anything to do with Christianity. At all. That's really sad.

I know it is :c My fiancee also had a period where she wanted to be homosexual and things like this drove her even further from Christianity. The same thing applies to a long-term and good acquaintance of mine too. People love to remember the verses against homosexuality that make them feel so much holier than others, but seem to so easily forget how God condemns those who judge and turn others from Him. Funny...

Guest Mike Spero

This is what a lot of people interpret the Bible as:

jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-god

Excluding themselves, of course

(Sorry for the meme and this post, but levity is cool too. Sometimes... you know xc)

It seems that no one understands the purpose or nature of a club.

I understand the meaning of the club. But Jesus never threw anyone out. And as his followers, neither should we. People NEED to see the love of Jesus; because as someone who has been out in the world, it's a pretty hopeless place without God.

Guest Mike Spero

It seems that no one understands the purpose or nature of a club.

I think this can be easily taken out of context as some clubs are "for Believers only" and others are for Believers as well as those seeking Christ. Depending on the region and club itself, this can be a different story.

The fact is: If this club was "Christian only" and this boy was atheist and homosexual, why was he cast out for being homosexual instead of for not being Christian? Also, if he did claim to be Christian, then why did they shun him for practicing sin instead of encouraging their Brother as they are called to by God? However you spin this, it's still not right of them

Edited by Mike Spero