Did God create other planets?

radiance

Those are simple questions with answers which I could probably fill in twenty pages.

I'll try to be simple.

1. God created universe.

2. Possibly for revealed evidence

There's a lot of important stuff involving the planets and other celestial bodies. God used the stars with Abraham, the moon reflects sunlight, the moon is responsible for tides if I am not mistaken.

There are multiple things out there which I think are just evidence of God's existence, that's just me though.

Aye, God created the heavens, which includes all of that stuff.. up there.

And now to get all spooky alien man, we're not sure that there's only life on Earth. There could be dozens of planets with life on them. The universe is a really big place. Then again we could be the only planet with life, and the rest of it just exists as a testament to God's awesome power.

Aye, God created the heavens, which includes all of that stuff.. up there.

And now to get all spooky alien man, we're not sure that there's only life on Earth. There could be dozens of planets with life on them. The universe is a really big place. Then again we could be the only planet with life, and the rest of it just exists as a testament to God's awesome power.[/b]

This is just my idea:

I don't think there's life on other planets,I highly doubt it.I think UFOs/aliens are demonic activity.

Hebrews 1:2

has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds...

Hebrews 11:3

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Well,because of what usually happens.Most people smell sulfer.And some very weird things happen,I can't exactly remember what my brother all said.We had a discussion about this.

I think I seen a UFO.My mom and pastor saw one too.

Sorry,I guess what I said was considered debating. :blush:

Well,because of what usually happens.Most people smell sulfer.And some very weird things happen,I can't exactly remember what my brother all said.We had a discussion about this.

I think I seen a UFO.My mom and pastor saw one too.

Sorry,I guess what I said was considered debating. :blush:[/b]

Ok...that ^ was weird.

has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds...

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.[/b]

Thanks Deeper.

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.[/b]

You are misinterpreting the author's use of "worlds" here, Skylar.

A "world" in the Greek sense was not an extraterrestrial planet in any sense, esp. considering it was the widely held belief that, following Aristotle and Plato, the heavens were an infinite expanse of static quintessence. There simply could not be other planets to a person living in the Middle East at the time that Hebrews was written. Rather, the word "world" refers to essentially all that we see present; this universe is properly a "world" in the Greek mind, and any other planes of existence would be other "worlds."

in Hebrews 1:2 the word "worlds" (αἰῶνας) can be translated (from the Greek) to mean "the Universe" that includes planets. The same can be said of Hebrews 11:3, that's what I was meaning ;) But thanks! You can also read in 1 Corinthians about "Celestial bodies."

in Hebrews 1:2 the word "worlds" (αἰῶνας) can be translated (from the Greek) to mean "the Universe" that includes planets. The same can be said of Hebrews 11:3, that's what I was meaning ;) But thanks! You can also read in 1 Corinthians about "Celestial bodies."[/b]

Very well. At least now you are saying that God created everything in the "worlds," including our particular Universe.

This is just my idea:

I don't think there's life on other planets,I highly doubt it.I think UFOs/aliens are demonic activity.[/b]

I think that the things that people usually see or think they see are either pranks, mind altering substance induced hallucinations, or demonic activity. However, I also don't think that we are the only life in the universe or that our solar system and world are the only ones to be made. I think that there are numerous worlds and lots of them are populated by beings such as angels and maybe even other beings cooler than us and cooler than angels. I don't think they're creepy aliens though like in movies. I think we are severely limited in our understanding and in our ability to see or discover the heavens beyond our own solar system, and I think we are limited like this because of sin.

This is just my opinion though, I don't really know any biblical evidence for this except that it says "What God has planned for people who love him is more than eyes have seen or ears have heard. It has never even entered our minds!" 1 Cor. 2:9 CEV. Now it is totally possible that I am taking this verse way out of context, but I don't think there is any harm in imagining the possibilities as long as your foundation of faith is firmly supported by scripture.

This is just my idea:

I don't think there's life on other planets,I highly doubt it.I think UFOs/aliens are demonic activity.[/b]

I agree; UFOs and aliens are just devilish creations infested in the minds of some Christians and non-Christian. But I do believe that there are microscopic lives on other planets....very minor. This could support that claim that UFOs are demonic: "In which you used to live and when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient"- Ephesians 2:2.