Madame Captain

Older or Younger Guys?

Same age, or up to 4 years older max [though if Mr. Right happens to be older than that, I guess I'll have to let him slide]. I'd feel awkward with a younger guy, unless he looked a lot older than his age and was more mature as well. But even still, ehh, I don't know. It'd have to feel right.

I prefer older. Not way older.. maybe just a couple of years.... Just i'm pretty sure guys mature slower than girls.... so specially when you're younger (18ish) it's nice to have a guy that has matured to your level of maturity a bit? I don't know. In saying that...there are some very mature younger guys out there.... just depends on their level of maturity.

I honestly don't care that much. Although thus far I haven't had much luck with younger guys, so maybe I should be more into older ones. I don't think there's anything shameful in dating a man younger than yourself. It really depends on your age though. I'm trying to keep the age range that I date in between one year younger and two years older than myself, because I think that the majority of men have a maturity level that would match my own within that age limits. However, I really don't know. My example though (my parents) is that my mom is four years older than my dad and they didn't meet until they were both out of college. So I don't know that I care that much.

I always went for same age or older guys. Until I met my bf that is exactly 1yr and 3 days younger than I. lol

I think it really depends on the maturity of the guy, some 15yrs old are more mature than 20yrs old!

Though I think that going more 2 yrs younger or older than you starts to be weird. o.O

prefer guys who are older..no older than 5 years though..

but if he was 1 year younger no more..and acted mature..i wouldn't mind..

doctors have researched it..and like in maturity..girls mature faster than guys..like if a girl is 16..a guys maturity level is supposedly 2 or 3 years behind her.

OLDER!!!!!! Atleast by 5 moths; no more than 3 years. My rule! lol. I'm 13. All of the guys I KNOW that are 13 are lame and immature. Well except for a few. A very FEW. lol.

^They get better, don't worry. I know what you're talking about though, in juinor high guys are only a step above toddlers at times :)

OLDER!!!!!! Atleast by 5 moths; no more than 3 years. My rule! lol. I'm 13. All of the guys I KNOW that are 13 are lame and immature. Well except for a few. A very FEW. lol.[/b]

that's because they're 13 @.@

<blockquote>Neither. My age, thank you. : )

Many of my friends have dated older guys and they were only in it for the sex. They were simply manipulating the girls, which is very sad. As for younger boys, I think it's more justifiable but still not-too-wise.

I like my boys my age. </blockquote>

I always told mysef that I would never be with anyone younger than myself. I didn't care if he was an hour older, as long as he was older, that was fine. However, I've come to find that, despite my dislike of the idea of the guy being younger than me, there are actually guys that I'm acquainted with almost two years younger than I am that make some of my older guyfriends look bad when it comes to maturity, responsibility and plain ole common sense. They even make me think and question myself. Not only that, but my height and babyish looks would always make me look younger, so it wouldn't be very apparent. So, though I wouldn't want to go any younger than two years, my mentality has changed. I'm open to whatever God's got in mind for me. And if he turns out to be a couple years younger, I won't be too disappointed. I still wouldn't mind and would prefer an older guy though.

uhm.

A guy that's taller than me, can pick me up and carry me whenever I feel lazy(lol), Gets my jokes, Trys to get my jokes, doesn't hate me for not knowing how to maintain a conversation, doesn't hate me for acting like me, pays attention to me, ISN'T LAZY, is in the military. oops forgot to add he has to have CONFIDENCE >.< you freaking pansies.

lol I find a guy like that who wants to be with me and it won't matter what age he is.

O.o oh. When did I hit 400 posts?

Well duh six posts ago-

um...Id say older, my boyfriend is lik 6 month older than i me and ROX MY LIFE...:) I have been with a younger guy..he wasnt any younger than six month but it sorta fell apart, tho the age difference had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.. it wuz LDR so ya....

Depends on the maturity of the guy! I've dated older guys on the past, a few. But then I met a FANTASTIC guy--about 10 months younger, and he's more mature than ANY older guy I know! AGE isn't the issue--it's maturity. It's only weird if he's a LOT younger, and ACTS younger too. My boyfriend is awesome, committed to a long term relationship, mature, godly, intelligent, caring, sensitive, and younger (: You certainly can't get all these qualities in many OLDER guys!

I guess my point is this--MATURITY MATTERS--not age (: