Madame Captain

Older or Younger Guys?

hmm IDK I used to always say older, but I have attracted to younger guys recently. Usually unknowingly, cause they all have LOOKED older or at least the same age. I'm just of 5' tall so most guys age 13+ are taller than me so I assume they are older. Which makes it awkward when they are like, "yeah i'm 14" and I'm like yeah, "i'm 17 and you are adorable, but you are a baby" :P So I guess it would really just depend, but I usually go for older.

I used to ALWAYS want to marry a guy that was four or five years older than me. But now I'm seriously "dating" one that's 8 months younger!

I think I associated age with maturity, which is not always the case,

but I still have to say....in general prefrence...older guys :P

Depends on the maturity of the guy! I've dated older guys on the past, a few. But then I met a FANTASTIC guy--about 10 months younger, and he's more mature than ANY older guy I know! AGE isn't the issue--it's maturity. It's only weird if he's a LOT younger, and ACTS younger too. My boyfriend is awesome, committed to a long term relationship, mature, godly, intelligent, caring, sensitive, and younger (: You certainly can't get all these qualities in many OLDER guys!

I guess my point is this--MATURITY MATTERS--not age (:[/b]

I sooo agree. Upon entering high school I was convinced that I would never date anyone younger than me. However, my new boyfriend is just turning 16, while I've been 17 for a few months. I never really thought of him as younger than me though, based on how mature he acts. He understands my thought process exactly, is both sensitive and masculine, is TALL :D , and treats me like a princess. He shares my thoughts exactly regarding faith and is committed to making me feel secure in our relationship and respecting my boundaries. Every older guy I have ever liked has disrespected me and made me feel worthless...

it is TOTALLY maturity not age that matters!

Preferably older. But its all about the heart. I just know that I am mature for my age and a lot of guys my age are extremely immature (i.e. Ha ha teacher said "do-do"). My boyfriend however is only 10 months older. So.... we are pretty close in age.

My mother is older than my father, but all of my sister are dating/married to men who are older by 4-9 years.

To me it makes no difference at all.

Except I get really creeped out by cougars.

I prefer older and/or close to my own age... no more than half a year younger and no more than four years older.

I heard somewhere that a good range is your own age divided by 2 and add 7. Do you agree with this?

The same age or older, preferably older. Since I'm 16, 17 sounds ideal to me, though I can go for 16 or 18, too. 18 sounds SOOOOO old though, and 16 seems SOOOOOOOOOO young to me (unless they're nearly 17). You can tell I'm not very mature. ;)

Hmm...preferably older, or at least the same age. I'd like to be pretty close in age... I think 5 years older is the max I'd go to be honest. Maybe a year younger...MAYBE.

But...I guess you never really know. ;)

Older or the same here too. But the most important thing for me is that he be wise and sorta on the same level of mind as myself, so that we can encourage each other and grow in the Word.

My mother is older than my father, but all of my sister are dating/married to men who are older by 4-9 years.

To me it makes no difference at all.

Except I get really creeped out by cougars.[/b]

Cougars are... their own breed of female. :/

I always go for the older guys. I once dated a guy three years older than me.

The guy I'm with now is a little over a year and a half older than me.

Hmm, I'd say older. I've liked a lot of guys that were up to a year younger, but if we're talking about serious relationships/marriage, then definitely older. About 2-10 years older.

'Course, I would only consider someone as much as ten years my senior if I was at least 23ish. For now... I think 2 or 3 years older is a good gap.

idk. never really had to think about it. there's this guy I'm really crushing on that's older than me by a few years. He is just so great. a very strong Christian.

i dont know i like older guys and sometimes im kinda nervous about being with a younger guy because i might be a little more mature than him but i dont know i guess what ever feels right

I actually don't have a specific preference for age. For me I looked mostly at the personality, and I always went for the guys who were outgoing, hyperactive, and a lot like me (since I truthfully can't stand people who are the real mature, serious types, having ADHD and all I prefer someone who will do the crazy stuff with me). Also, I never really have to worry about height, seeing as I'm short for my age so most people 13 and up are taller than me (though I'm 16, almost 17 right now)

The guy I like right now is a year older than me, but he and I met at an anime convention and he's hyperactive kinda like me, so we got along really great and I've been crushing on him since August.

:partyguy: I have always wanted and is attracted to an older guy.My e boyfiriend was 12 years older than me.I find it easier for me to have a relationship with an older man since they are more matured and can understand more.I woud not want to have a boyfriend same age as mine. :partyguy: