Sign in to follow this  
zerosix

Dealing with sexual thoughts

I'm just wondering how do you guys deal with it? I'm trying my best to abstain from any sexual thoughts and so far, I think I'm doing good. But there are times that I slip without even realizing it.

Practace makes perfect.

But I'm gonna say the root of this problem is in the heart.

If you practace truly having a pure heart and not desiring sin, then the sexual thoughts will stop.

It's like stopping a river at it's source, just always focus on how much you actually believe in purity.

i meet m y girlfrieund in Octobre and we have much fun togethre. we like many same things. i dont think w e think abaout sex becuase we are doing other things. we can talk about sex when w e are old.

The best way I deal with sexual thoughts is to try and distract myself with something else to do. That or I'll shake them out and continue what I was doing to begin with.

To completely remove such thoughts from your life will take some conditioning to reprogram your mind to ignore the thoughts or redirect them away.

If you need an accountability partner or just want some more advice, feel free to send me a message or IM me.

Well one thing you gotta know is that it is not a sin for a lustful thought to pop up in your mind but it is a sin to dwell on it. I like what one preacher said "You cant stop a bird from flying over your head, but you can stop it from building a nest on your head."

Thankfully lustful thoughts get less and less over time - that is the longer we abstain from lustful things, and the more we turn our eyes upon Jesus.

I have several tactics. When a lustful or prideful or doubtful thought, or any other thought that is contrary to the word I say (in my mind) "I rebuke that thought in Jesus name" and usually a scripture will pop up in my head.

Sometimes when a bad thought pops up I say (in my mind) "I plead the blood of Jesus" meaning that I put my faith in the blood that it has cleansed me and made me a new creature in Christ Jesus and that I dont have to dwell on bad thoughts.

Another thing can be read on my post "crying out" (dont worry, its short)

Play WOW. It consumes your headspace entirely.[/b]

False. Girls play WoW, you can meet on team speak, then get married in the game. It's nothing but a one way ticket to immmmmoorraaallllittyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

i need to have a private chat with someone about this very subject because i believe that its stopping me from reaching my full potential in god[/b]

you can chat with me if you want to, but I'll probably just tell you the same thing I said up there

False. Girls play WoW, you can meet on team speak, then get married in the game. It's nothing but a one way ticket to immmmmoorraaallllittyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!![/b]

ZOMG girls play WOW no way.....duh

Just cause there are girls doesn't mean there is lust.

BTW you can get CTF married and you don't think that is a one way tiket to immmmmoorraaallllittyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! do you?

False. Girls play WoW, you can meet on team speak, then get married in the game. It's nothing but a one way ticket to immmmmoorraaallllittyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!![/b]

There are girls, but none I'd want to date. >_>

There are girls, but none I'd want to date. >_>[/b]

Yea i personaly wouldn't date a gril from WOW, just cause i don't roll that way. But my friend met her girl friend there and they are amazing together.

Self-flagellation. :lol:

Whatever you do, DO NOT masturbate. 1st i think thats gross (people from school do that), plus its a sin

You have to sorta train yourself, I eventually got to as soon as a sexual thought comes in, I kick it out fast as possible. I know this sounds depressing, but I eventually told my brain,"if I feel good thinking about it,get it out" and it's gonna be hard, but after training yourself for a while you'll get the hang of it. Not entirely sure how I DID train myself, I'm bad at putting it into words, but it's not impossible, and doesn't take forever is what I'll say.

Whatever you do, DO NOT masturbate. 1st i think thats gross (people from school do that), plus its a sin

Uh, what?

Guest ToxicSkylines

I find that when you fill your mind with other activities, such as movies, reading or writing, you really dont think about that stuff so much

Exactly what i was thinking!

Get a girlfriend. Makes you feel even worse about it when you're dating someone.

When the thoughts come, I think about the good things about it - that God made it, for married people, so that cute babies can come into the world. but thinking about the act unbiblically, I just think about something else.

Sign in to follow this