GodzGirl

Favorite Movie Lines

From Lion King

Hey Uncle scar guess what?

I despise guessing games

I am going to be the King of pride rock

O goodie

My dad just showed me the whole kingdom. And I'm goignt orule it all.. haha

O forgive for not leaping for joy. Bad back you.

Hey uncle uncle scar, when I'm king, what''ll that make you?

A monkey's uncle

Haha your so wierd.

You have no idea. So, your father just showed you the whole kingdom did he?

Everything..

I don't suppose he showed you what was to be on the rise of the norhtern border...

Well, no.. He said I couldn't go there.

And hes absolutely right.. Faaarrrr too dangerous. Only the bravest lions go there.

Well I'm brave. Whats out there?

Oh I'm sorry simba I just can't tell you.

Why not?

Simba, simba I'm only looking out for the well being of favorite nephew.

Yeah right I'm you only nephew....

*** Too much I know but I love that movie.... I watch it al least once a month.

i don't know how many of you have seen the movie "Hellboy" with Ron Perlman in the lead...apart from the fact, that's its stuffed with voodoo-ish, demonic half-wisdom it's actually a pretty entertaining movie - if you like comic adaptations, that is...

Abe Sapien: [about Sammael, a demon Hellboy's 'contracted' to kill] Harbinger of Pestilence, Seed of Destr...

Hellboy: Cut to the end, will ya? How do I kill it?

Abe Sapien: Hmm, doesn't say.

and VELVET GOLDMINE - great movie, and a scirpt that was just made for quoting...i dunno how many people in the us know this movie since it's been kind of a low-budget, european release but it's definitely worth watching:

Mandy Slade: It's funny how beautiful people are when they're walking out the door.

Curt Wild: The world is changed because you are made of ivory and gold. The curves of your lips rewrite history. :wub:

Curt Wild: We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves.

Arthur Stuart: What's wrong with that?

Curt Wild: Nothing, if you don't look at the world.

"[about Mr. Darcy]Don't you think he's the handsomest man you've ever seen, girls? "-Mrs. Bennet

"[quietly] I wonder if he would be quite so handsome if he were not quite so rich, "-Lizzy

*Later, also about Mr. Darcy*

"Well! Did you ever meet such a proud, disagreeable man! "-Mrs. Bennet

"Mamma, he will hear you, "-Lizzie

"I don't care if he does! And his friend so disposed to be agreeable and everything charming! Who is he to think himself so far above his company? "-Mrs. Bennet

"....Perhaps he is not quite so handsome after all, "-Lizzie

"No indeed!...."-Mrs. Bennet

-Pride and Prejudice

"The light of the Evenstar does not wax and wane. It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart." -Lord of the Rings

I can't quote all three movies scripts on here..so that shall have to do, as it is probably one of my favorite lines. Along with:

"Your late."

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to."

Hmm..non LOTR quotes...

Old Man:"Alright, we danced it...."

*Other old man jumps him and tries to stab him with a frozen fish.*

Haha Grumpy Old Men is great...

in clue when the motorist was killed and they tried to make the cop believe he was drunk and the cop says this guy is drunk and prof. plum says dead drunk and mrs. scarlet says dead right i think its awesome

Originally posted by wwjd487@Apr 27 2005, 12:16 PM

"If there is a God, why won't he buy you a new sweater?"

"Because he's to busy looking for your brain."

from---A Walk To Remember

^such i good film and such a good line!!!

Originally posted by The Person@Apr 27 2005, 11:29 AM

you've got to love this:

MAN IN BLACK

All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.

VIZZINI

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet, or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK

You've made your decision then7

VIZZINI

Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

MAN IN BLACK

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

VIZZINI

Wait till I get going! Where was I?

MAN IN BLACK

Australia.

VIZZINI

Yes -- Australia, and you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK

You're just stalling now.

VIZZINI

You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?

You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong. So, you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you. So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard which means you must have studied. And in studying, you must have learned that man is mortal so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

MAN IN BLACK

You're trying to trick me into giving away something -- it won't work --

VIZZINI

It has worked -- you've given everything away -- I know where the poison is.

MAN IN BLACK

Then make your choice.

VIZZINI

I will. And I choose -- what in the world can that be?

MAN IN BLACK

What? Where? I don't see anything.

VIZZINI

Oh, well, I-I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.

The Man In Black turns to face him again. Vizzini starts to laugh.

MAN IN BLACK

What's so funny?

VIZZINI

I'll tell you in a minute. First, let's drink -- me from my glass, and you from yours.

MAN IN BLACK

You guessed wrong.

VIZZINI

You only think I guessed wrong -- that's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned. You fool.

VIZZINI

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

He laughs and roars and cackles and whoops and is in all ways quite cheery until he falls over dead.

-The Princess Bride

I know, it's a little lengthy....but classic

This movie is the Best thing EVER! I have loved this movie for more than half of my life!

:ph34r: As you wish.

André the Giant is the coolest person ever! He used to live in my town, but I wasn't alive then..

Inconceivable!

Inigo: Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it mean what you think it means..

Inigo: Hallo, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Inigo is the coolest person ever too.

The actor is now old and he is on a show called dead like me, that show has lots of profanity, beware.

'Hey Bartholomew, nice name.' -Sky from Superstar

'It is the mucus that binds us.' -Ace from Ace Ventura:Pet Detective

'I like your sleeves, they're big.' -Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite

"My dear! Mr. Bennet! Wonderful news! Netherfield Park is let at last! "-Mrs. Bennet

"Is it? "-Mr. Bennet

"Yes it is! For I have just had it from Mrs. Long. [impatiently]And do you not want to know who has taken it? "-Mrs. Bennet

"You want to tell me, and I have no objection to hearing it, "-Mr. Bennet

"Why then it is taken by a young man of large fortune from the north of England. A single man of large fortune, my dear! He came down on Monday in chaise-and-four to see the place. His name is Bingley and he will be in possession by Michaelmas and he has five thousand a year! What a fine thing for our girls, "-Mrs. Bennet

"How so? and how can it affect them? "-Mr. Bennet

"Oh Mr. Bennet, how can you be so tiresome? You must know that I'm thinking of his marrying one of them! "-Mrs. Bennet

"For a single man in possession of large fortune must be in want of a wife, "-Lizzie

"[perfectly serious]Yes he must indeed! "-Mrs. Bennet

"..therefore you must visit him [Mr. Bingley] directly he comes, "-Mrs. Bennet

"Visit him? oh no, no; I see no occasion for that! "-Mr. Bennet

"Oh Mr. Bennet! "-Mrs. Bennet

"Go yourself with the girls, or---still better!---send them by themselves, "-Mr. Bennet

"By themselves?!!"-Mrs. Bennet

"Aye, for you're as handsome as any of them; Mr. Bingley may like you best of the party, "-Mr. Bennet

[Mr. Bennet has refused to visit Mr. Bingley]

"...You know that your father has a will of iron, "-Mrs. Bennet

"You're in the right, my dear, but I'll tell you what I'll do. I will write to Mr. Bingley, informing him that I have five daughters, and he's welcome to any of them that he chooses. They're all silly and ignorant like other girls-----well, Lizzie has a little more wit than the rest----but then, he may prefer a stupid wife, as others have done before him. There, will that do? "-Mr. Bennet

"No, no! I beg you will not right at all if you----OH you take delight in vexing me! You have no compassion on my poor nerves! "-Mrs. Bennet

"You mistake me, my dear; I have a high respect for your nerves---they've been my old friends these twenty years at least, "-Mr. Bennet

"You don't know what I suffer! "-Mrs. Bennet

"Well I hope you will get over it, and live to see many young men of five thousand a year come into the neighborhood, "-Mr. Bennet

"It will be no use to us if twenty such have come since you will not visit them, "-Mrs. Bennet

"Depend upon it my dear; when there are twenty, I'll visit them all, "-Mr. Bennet

"Don't keep coughing so, Kitty! For heavens' sake, have a little compassion on my nerves! "-Mrs. Bennet

"I don't cough for my own amusement, "-Kitty

[Mrs. Bennet has been trying for days to get Mr. Bennet to visit Mr. Bingley; Lydia has been talking endlessly about Mr. Bingley]

"Oh Lydia, I beg you would stop! For we are never to know Mr. Bingley, and it pains me to hear of him, "-Mrs. Bennet

"But Mamma---"-Lydia

"I am SICK of Mr. Bingley! "-Mrs. Bennet

"I'm sorry to hear that; if I had known as much this morning, I should never have called on him, "-Mr. Bennet

"You have called on him? "-Mrs. Bennet

"I'm afraid we cannot escape the acquaintance now, "-Mr. Bennet

"I believe ma'am, I may safely promise you never to dance with Mr. Darcy, "-Lizzie

"If you're not otherwise engaged, may I have the honor of dancing the next with you, Miss Bennet? "-Mr. Darcy

"Why I-----had not-------I thank you, yes, "-Lizzie

"[speaking of Jane, who (to be short) was 'dumped'] Well, my comfort is, she will die of a broken heart and THEN he'll be sorry for what he's done! "-Mrs. Bennet

-Pride and Prejudice

Hasn't anyone else seen this movie?

I watched that movie earlier this year with my mom..I really enjoyed it actually! :) Their family is so hilarious haha

Guest Notori

"A robot harming a human would be like a man walking on water"

"Well... there was this one guy a long time ago..."

I love that line. It's such a great movie, too.

Bruce Lee: "HOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

another quote

"The dread pirate Roberts has come for your souls!"

lol... I've seen that Bruce Lee movie!!!!

Coloneol Sanders: We have to jump to light speed!

Lord Helmit: No, light speed's too slow.

Sanders: Light speed too slow?!

Helmit: Yes, we have to go straight to, Ludicrous Speed!

Sanders:Ludicrous speed? We've never gone that fast before, I don't know if the ship can take it!

Helmit: What's the matter Coloneol Sanders? Chicken?

"There is some good in this world....and it's worth fighting for"-Lord of the Rings

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate is the path to the dark side. I sense much fear in you."-Yoda to Anakin in Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Obi Wan Kenobi: You were the chosen one. You were supposed to destroy the sith, not join them. Bring order to the force, not lead it into darkness.

Anakin: I HATE YOU!

Obi Wan Kenobi: You were like a brother to me. I loved you. -Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith

Obi Wan Kenobi: What happened to you Anakin. Do you not know that the dark side is evil.

Anakin: Well, from my point of view, the jedi are evil.

Obi Wan Kenobi: Then you really are lost. -Again from Episode III

"It's okay to be afraid...life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn out for it."-Elijah to David in Unbreakable

And pretty much everything said in Collateral......

Originally posted by Morfinwen@May 27 2005, 03:00 AM

"

-Pride and Prejudice

Hasn't anyone else seen this movie?

i LOVE pride and prejudice!! especially the bit where Colin Firth comes out of the lake.... mmmm :D;) hehe

"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin playing goat" Notting Hill

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy" Life of Brian (Monty Python)

"So if she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood?" "Exactly, and therefore..." "A WITCH!" Holy Grail (Monty Python again hehe :D)

"Belle, it isn't right for a woman to read, soon she starts getting ideas, and thinking..."

"Gaston you are positively primevil (sp)"

"Why thankyou, Belle" hehe Beauty and the Beast

"Blue flowers red thorns, blue flowers red thorns....well this would help if I wasn't colour-blind!!" Shrek

There's more but I can't remember atm lol :bangin:

Originally posted by silly_me87@May 28 2005, 05:04 PM

Obi Wan Kenobi: You were the chosen one. You were supposed to destroy the sith, not join them. Bring order to the force, not lead it into darkness.

Anakin: I HATE YOU!

Obi Wan Kenobi: You were like a brother to me. I loved you. -Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith

Obi Wan Kenobi: What happened to you Anakin. Do you not know that the dark side is evil.

Anakin: Well, from my point of view, the jedi are evil.

Obi Wan Kenobi: Then you really are lost. -Again from Episode III

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='color:gray'>"You were like a brother to me"? No wonder Anakin went bad...nothing against Obi-Wan (actually he's my favorite character), but...he's isn't supposed to be Anakin's brother, he's supposed to be his teacher. Though I do understand the whole "what's-wrong-with-you-we-were-friends-then-you-went-all-weird-on-me" conversation.

"from my point of view"...sheesh...from his evil Padawan and yet Obi-Wan is using this later???

"So what I told you was true...FROM a certain point of view". Hogwash. <_< Anakin Skywalker was/is Darth Vader. Period. Sure, he doesn't act like he used to, but still...as Luke said in Ep V "Riiiiiight..."</span>

Guest Notori

From Kill Bill Vol. 1

O-Ren Ishii: Did you really think it would be that easy?

The Bride: You know, for a second there, yeah, I kind of did.

O-Ren Ishii: Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

*Japanese mobster Johnny Mo busts through door*

HI-YAAAAAAA!

*about 50 more mobsters with swords come in down staircases and through doors*

I love that part, even though the mobsters spray blood like garden sprinklers when their limbs get cut off by a sword. :P

From Princess Mononoke

Ashitaka: *Shows the cursed mark on his arm from the demon that attacked him* LOOK! This is what hate looks like when it gets a hold of you! It's tearing me apart and very soon it will kill me! Fear and anger only make it grow faster!

Ashitaka: SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

San: ASHITAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Okkoto: The fire is burning inside of me....

yeah, I like that movie.

*Libby broke parole and was arrested while breaking into a house on the beach*

"Did you have a nice day at the beach? "-Travis (her parole officer)

"...99% of the time, you're wrong. Life's like that, "-Mangold

"I didn't think of that, Mangold; thank you! I feel so much better now, "-Travis

*Libby is walking towards Nick, while holding a gun*

"Aren't you going to do something? "-Nick

"Why are you talking to me? She's the one with the gun, "-Travis

-Double Jeopardy

"Do you know who you're dealing with? "-Stonagal

"*Do you*? "-Carpathia

-Left Behind

<span style='color:gray'>"I hate you." - Nemo

"Hey, if this is a joke, IT'S NOT FUNNY." - Marlin

"It isn't. I'm so sorry...y'see, I suffer from short-term memory loss." - Dory

"Short-term...memory loss." - Marlin

"Yeah, it runs deep in my family. At...at least...I think it does. Hm. Where are they?" - Dory

*pause*

"Hi, can I help you?" - Dory

"Something's wrong with you. REALLY." - Marlin

"THAT'S MY DAD! HE TOOK ON A SHARK!" - Nemo

"Dad...I don't hate you anymore." - Nemo

- Finding Nemo</span>

Ah, the sea. So mysterious, so beautiful, so, well, wet.

-SpongeBobSquarePants Movie.

[irma wants to throw a party in her honor to find a suitor]

Dr. Prunesquallor: A party, my dear? Are you the type to give a party? Indeed, are you the type to go to one?

[irma brandishes a knife at him]

Dr. Prunesquallor: [startled] Oh, but I see that you are determined.

- Gormenghast :P