Your Wedding...

horsesforlife

• 5 months later...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old thread! Yay!

This topic cracked me up! A lot of guys would freak out that girls have already planned their wedding! haha Oh well....

Haha! That's what I was thinking. So many girls have that day planned out already. Whoa.

If it's God's will for me to get married, my fiancé and I will plan the day together... Also, I think it's better to put more emphasis on Christ being in the marriage and the relationship rather than that one day.

Anyhow, I want a romantic, traditional, religious, small ceremony with my close friends and family. It would be pretty cool if it were outdoors, and during autumn (I love the leaves on the trees and the weather, etc). I'll wear a nice simple-but-elegant white dress, and my husband will wear a cool tux. I have no idea what the colour scheme and the flowers and the cake and the location and blah blah blah will be. I have time... lol

I might've posted in this already, but I'm too lazy to look it up : P

I really, really don't want a wedding. They're stressful, and even a simple one costs a lot of money, and I'd rather put that money towards a payment on the house or something. My parents eloped and they've never regretted it in the slightest. I want to do that as well, but I'd probably have like a special dinner with my closest friends and family, 'cause I know my sisters and my friends would be pretty ticked off if I didn't celebrate at all xD

Ooooooh I've never actually vocalised these but this is highly exciting!

I've always wanted a very traditional wedding either in a small but beautiful quaint English country chapel or outside a Scottish castle on a crisp misty morning.

I suppose I'm quite 19th century in my romantic notions and I think I'd want quite a small one, intimate with true friends and family who we want to share it with.

I'd love something like this:

images%3Fq%3Dsleeveless%2Bwedding%2Bdresses%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1C1SKPC_enGB372GB372%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D675%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=482&vpy=152&dur=33&hovh=269&hovw=187&tx=96&ty=127&ei=jEZ8TLThGdW7jAfEyMnTDg&oei=jEZ8TLThGdW7jAfEyMnTDg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

or this

Victorian-Style-Wedding-Gowns_5CBEFB9A.jpg&imgre

images%3Fq%3Dvictorian%2Bwedding%2Bdress%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1SKPC_enGB372GB372%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D675%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=610&vpy=351&dur=7&hovh=177&hovw=284&tx=169&ty=82&ei=r0d8TPvqMYGRjAf3tdzSDg&oei=REd8TNj0GsiQjAe8ybjSDg&esq=17&page=11&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:169

images%3Fq%3Dtraditional%2Bwedding%2Bdresses%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1SKPC_enGB372GB372%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D632%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=411&vpy=260&dur=9&hovh=267&hovw=188&tx=65&ty=146&ei=h0h8TO_FPJCTjAelnO3TDg&oei=aEh8TIC-Ks2NjAfc0vTSDg&esq=4&page=4&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:52

sorry went off on a bit of a dress fantasy :)

http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cfm?pid=70&pgname=itemdetail&item_id=12423&rowid=3&showpic=10817&page=1

OR

http://www.kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cfm?pid=70&pgname=itemdetail&item_id=12448&rowid=16&showpic=main&page=1

for the dress

Flowers to be classic red roses

I want the whole wedding to be very classy and elegant.

I want the location to be a beautiful chapel of some sort. Not necessarily Catholic, but beautiful and classic.

I like suits for guys, not tuxes and I want the bridesmaids in red or back or maybe both, like dress in one color and sash in the other.

this:

http://blisstree.com/feel/renting-wedding-cakes/

or this

http://www.bridalbuds.com/tag/boston-wedding-cake/

for the cake

I kinda want a medium size wedding, i have quite a bit of family and even more really close family friends.

I have planned it all out :)

Wow- have I really never posted in this?

Well I'm not gonna say much, especially about the dress (as my bf is ON this forum) but my dream wedding....

I SO WISH I could have a lilac bouquet. This is like THE BEST wedding bouquet ever, with lilacs, and roses, AND lilies of the valley! (my birth flower)

lilac.jpg

The lilac bouquet would dictate a may wedding.. and that would be chancy anyway. It's depressing how fickle lilacs are... My theme colors would basically be those colors (regardless of the bouquet's attainability). White, green, purple. Celtic themes to everything, as I'm a redhead and obsessed with all things Irish/scottish. (except beer. no alcohol.) My bridesmaids will probably all wear a light purple... I would LOVE to have it outdoors.. but May in washington state... Risky business again. :'( I'd rather have a June or July wedding and find a different flower, just so I can have a wedding outdoors in a garden. However, I might change my mind if there was a wedding garden with an adorable stone house/chapel I could get married in if the weather went awry.

advent2006_stonehouse.jpg

Like this, but bigger, and with a garden around it (though.. evergreen forests are nice... not conducive to weddings however.)

On a random note: I was at the zoo a little while back and there were TWO WEDDINGS going on! I can't imagine getting married at the zoo...

Then again this entire post has been a rambling random note ^.^

Here are the few things I'm certain about my wedding... (Even so, not so certain...)

*I don't really want to get married. But wedding planning is fun, therefore this.

*It will not be a ginormous affair. But Maia will be coming, so therefore it will be an epic affair in any case.

*I'm considering somewhere in view of a cemetery. Dunno why, I'll insert some optimistic symbolism or something, but cemeteries are gorgeous. A crypt would be cool too, if I could find a nice one.

*I want this cake:

zombie-wedding-cake.jpg

*At some point or another, "George Romero Will Be At Our Wedding" (Showbread) will be played. I'd link it, but I'm not sure if I'd get in trouble, so... yeah. ^-^;

*I'd like it if my dress had some black, red, or silver on it, give or take the traditional white.

^See, all that's why I'm probably not going to get married. xD

*OH! And I want the preacher to start off the ceremony all solemnly with, ".........Mawwige. Mawwige is what bwings us togetha dis day. LOL JK, on to the real ceremony..."

Church. Totally tradish.

But the added things would be off the wall.

I want a bioshock or nightmare before christmas wedding cake.

bioshock.jpg

nmbccake.jpg

cake452.jpg I know thats Corpse Bride, but I would settle for that too!

Something super nerdy. Obviously he would have to like it too.

For a dress? Well. Im not sure if I would want something tradish or not. I probably would for the ceremony, but not for the after party!

As for the guys. I would make them wear suits, with pinstriped waistcoats and ties that match the brides made dresses. That would probably be purple.

But things can always change. It all depends on the guy I end up with.

So I thought that I had posted in here before, and I was going to update it. But now that I have searched through the nine pages, I have found out that I didn't! So! Here are the revised ideas for my wedding. Hopefully whoever I marry loves it as much as I do.

The Wedding Dress:

post-9731-137982351873_thumb.jpg

Cake:

post-9731-137982351876_thumb.jpg

Shoes:

post-9731-137982351879_thumb.jpg

Bouquet:

post-9731-137982351881_thumb.jpg

Veil:

post-9731-137982351888_thumb.jpg

I had more pics, but only five per post fit...Lame. And yes, I have put thought into the very important future day of my life lol.

My Dream Wedding:

Yes! I love this game. Hmmm. Either a garden wedding...

outdoor_wedding_locations.jpg

Persian-Wedding__4_.jpg

Or a beach wedding...

beach-wedding1.jpg

Hairstyle:

MammaMia_pm2.jpg

I want a s i m p l e and small wedding. With only my closest friends and family there.

dress.jpg

Can you say Vintage?

sophie-mamma-mia-2.jpg

Dress.jpg

But wait... What about a Ranch wedding?

wedding-christmas-lights.jpg

ranch-flowers.jpg

farm-braid-wedding-hair.jpg

ferris-wheel-wedding.jpg

Oh my gosh. I am going to be the worst bride ever!

How shall I ever make up my mind?! : )

Love,

Sarah

My wedding is going to be set in the medievil times. I'm going to be the princess and my husband is going to be the knight in shining armour.

If done right, it could look cool. But I have seen cheesy Medieval weddings. It needs to be authentic. But I like that idea :)

I want to have my wedding in the winter. With all the pure white fresh snow. =] I'd like to get married in one of those small white country churches--obviously, a small wedding. The colors will be a dark, burnished orange and brown (screams fall at a winter wedding, right? I know.). The bridesmaid's dresses will all be the dark, burnished orange and the flowers will be orange, yellow, and red. I'd like the windows to let in sunlight, and also I'd like to have candles light it up with vines on the candlesticks. I'd like my guy to be in a black suit white shirt and black tie...very traditional. I've actually put very little thought into the wedding dress...just no mermaid dress nor a princess dress.

The reception dinner would be held at either my parent's house or the groom's house...somewhere close and intimate; where you can truly feel like a family. At least in my mind that's how it works. =]

I want to have my wedding in the winter. With all the pure white fresh snow. =] The colors will be a dark, burnished orange and brown (screams fall at a winter wedding, right? I know.). The bridesmaid's dresses will all be the dark, burnished orange and the flowers will be orange, yellow, and red. I'd like the windows to let in sunlight, and also I'd like to have candles light it up with vines on the candlesticks.

that sounds beautiful

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

My wedding is going to be set in the medievil times. I'm going to be the princess and my husband is going to be the knight in shining armour.

ohhhhhh!!! i love this idea!!!! that would be so cool!!!!!.... but something tells me that my parents would not go for it :(

The dress:

n227.jpg

The cake:

Wedding_Cake_Page.jpg

Ya, with black instead of gold or whatever that is. :) haha

The colors:

Black and white.

The flowers:

a100078_sum03_hydrange_xl.jpg

without the weird thing underneath. :/

The church:

I don't have a picture, but, its gonna be my home church.

Bridesmade dresses

S0553C.jpg

Without the thing around the shoulder, because that thing's just HIDEOUS.

Corsages:

black-white-boutonniere.jpg

Yep, that's my wedding. ♥