Sign in to follow this  
Glowstick

Writing! (Fiction!)

I am almost finished with a feature-length screenplay I have been working on for quite a while. The story revolves around three central characters: Miranda, Kaden and Nikolai. The plot-line is a little complicated and convoluted (partly because it keeps jumping between three different timelines), but the basic idea is that Kaden used to be a terrible person burned out on drugs, and involved with drug dealers. He cleaned up his life when his parents were killed in a car accident and he was charged with taking care of his little sister, Miranda. However, Miranda was attacked (attempted rape) in school by the younger brother of the dealer, Marcus, whom Kaden used to work with, so Marcus is out for revenge. Nikolai (a Russian mercenary) is tasked with killing Miranda, Kaden and Elisha (Miranda's girlfriend), but instead kidnaps her and throws her in a Dutch brothel.

I miss this thread :sad: ! How are all the fiction writers out there?

decent enough, thanks for asking. Very nice of you.

I am writing/stuckon a christmas gift requested by an internet friend. I am actually stuck because of the way I worded one sentence, and I am cleaning up the story and rewriting bits of it and I cannot get past that one sentence.

I'm editing my story about insanity.

That sounds interesting! Although I hate editing anything....

decent enough, thanks for asking. Very nice of you.

I am writing/stuckon a christmas gift requested by an internet friend. I am actually stuck because of the way I worded one sentence, and I am cleaning up the story and rewriting bits of it and I cannot get past that one sentence.

Don't you hate that?! It must have been a very epic sentence :P! But being stuck is the worst.

I'm trying to go back and finish one of the stories that I've written. But it just isn't working. There's just no inspiration anymore. I need to come up with something.

^ Keep trying! Writing fiction is awesome. But writing anything can be hard at first. Do you write any other genre?

I often get an idea for a story, start writing, and never finish because I have another idea, or I just write a scene in a story and assume that I'll write the background details later. Thus, I have ended up with a jumbled folder of random story snippets that I never get around to finishing, and all of them are from totally different story ideas. It's like a box of car parts, and none of them fit together to make an actual car. :bored: Kinda funny actually.

^That happens to me quite often. It mostly happens when I lose inspiration. Try going for a walk, or to a movie and you could regain the spark.

I just added a lot to my short story. It's in the "Arts, Poetry, and Literature" section.

I love wandering back over to this thread.... Maybe it's because you can only talk about writing to other writers. Don't you think? Anyway, what's new with all the writers out there?

That inkpop site closed down! I was so depressed, haha!

I'm trying a new site, figment.com

We'll see how that goes. I think I might try my hand at a murder mystery. hmmm.

What about you?

Man, I love CTF. I had no idea this thread existed!

I'm scribbling away at a few things, seeing how they're going. I used to use writing.com LOADS but it went weird, so not so much anymore :(

That inkpop site closed down! I was so depressed, haha!

I'm trying a new site, figment.com

We'll see how that goes. I think I might try my hand at a murder mystery. hmmm.

What about you?

I don't know if I could ever join a site like that and let people see my writing :P . Murder mystery, that sounds interesting! You'll have to let us know how that goes. I haven't really been writing much. I keep trying to finish a fiction story but no matter how many different ideas I try, they all end being the same....

Man, I love CTF. I had no idea this thread existed!

I'm scribbling away at a few things, seeing how they're going. I used to use writing.com LOADS but it went weird, so not so much anymore :(

Yes! I believe this has to be one of my favorite threads on ctf!

I've finished three full-length manuscipts (not including the one I did when I was eleven, because dearly as I love it, there's no denying that it stinks :) ) and am close to finishing another. I love writing! There's just no rush that compares to the one you get when you write 'The End.'

Guest psychosocial
I've finished three full-length manuscipts (not including the one I did when I was eleven, because dearly as I love it, there's no denying that it stinks :) ) and am close to finishing another. I love writing! There's just no rush that compares to the one you get when you write 'The End.'

Except the one that you get when you get a $15000 forward on a book that's only rattling around in the back of your head and spend it all on coke while praying that your agent doesn't have a connection to the mob.

...but he did. R.I.P. my uncle. ):

Except the one that you get when you get a $15000 forward on a book that's only rattling around in the back of your head and spend it all on coke while praying that your agent doesn't have a connection to the mob.

...but he did. R.I.P. my uncle. ):

Oh, my.

Just discovered this thread.

I love to write. Mostly I work with science fiction, sword and sorcery fantasy, horror, and 30's pulp style adventures.

My big drawback is my jumping from one concept to another. Which means there are a lot of unfinished stories on my computer and in notebooks sitting on my shelves.