Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChiCat

Can satan manipulate dreams?

39 posts in this topic
Christians can be humanists. Christians can also be secular. Christians can also be Jewish. Just bc I interpret much of the Bible as metaphor does not make me any less or more of a Christian than another.[/b]

I guess that depends how you define a Christian. But then again a Christian can do anything these days and still be considered a Christian.

Can satan manipulate dreams? Can he make you dream of something that you would never want to dream about?[/b]

yes I believe he can. However what you do during the day will affect what you dream about. for eg. If you went to the beach all day you most likely will dream about being at the beach.

I believe a few years ago I had a dream the devil gave me. (I had the dream three times) anyways. yeah.

I guess that depends how you define a Christian. But then again a Christian can do anything these days and still be considered a Christian.[/b]

Messianic Jews are Christian, correct?

And right-wing fundamentalist radicals can be Christian too, correct?

-------

Satan does not manipulate your dreams; whatever your dreams are, they're the result of your own unconscious will, not some invisible spirits. The second you begin to blame others for your actions is the day you stoptaking responsibility for those actions. Its these kinds of attitudes that lead to "the devil made me do it" perceptions, which are just plain wrong and unhealthy.

"And right-wing fundamentalist radicals can be Christian too, correct?"

Ha! I am 100% Christian.I love the Lord and I have accepted His gift of salvation!

I know that was a jab at me or something.

Do you honestly think I agree with shooting a person for their beliefs?! Even if I disagree with them.

^^ no, that wasn't pointed at you. It was more of a comment about Scott Roeder, the guy who murdered Dr. Tiller.

I don't think you'd do such a thing, but there are cookoo people out there who use religiously moivated ideals o carry out atrocious acts against humanity.

Well,then thank you.

Saying,"I don't think you'd do such a thing," was probably the nicest thing you said to me.

Just don't put all of us as bad because of one's big mistake.

Well,then thank you.

Saying,"I don't think you'd do such a thing," was probably the nicest thing you said to me.

Just don't put all of us as bad because of one's big mistake.[/b]

I don't think youre a religious right wing fundamental extremist radical. BUT, they do exist.

We're fundamental Baptist and have been considered right-wing extremists.[/b]

Do physically enact your will upon others?

Do physically enact your will upon others?[/b]

If I understand you right,no,we do not.

By liberals we are called this for our beliefs.They say right-wing extremists go to the "tea parties" as well.

But,this isn't actually supposed to be discussed here...

1. satan is not omnipotent or omniscient. He probally doesn't know you and probally doesn't care.

2. so if the question is can a demon influence your dreams then .... sorta.

Your dreams can be manipulated by whats gone on during the day and whats going on at that moment (I often sleep with the radio on and my dreams get so messed up because of it. XD)

So any human can influence your dreamss and so I assume it would not be too difficult for a demon to do the same. If however you are thinking that a demon is gonna crawl in your ear and cause havoc while you sleep then ... no I doubt it heavily.

1. satan is not omnipotent or omniscient. He probally doesn't know you and probally doesn't care.

2. so if the question is can a demon influence your dreams then .... sorta.

Your dreams can be manipulated by whats gone on during the day and whats going on at that moment (I often sleep with the radio on and my dreams get so messed up because of it. XD)

So any human can influence your dreamss and so I assume it would not be too difficult for a demon to do the same. If however you are thinking that a demon is gonna crawl in your ear and cause havoc while you sleep then ... no I doubt it heavily.[/b]

Oh good, I don't have to say anything. :)

Dreams are all about you.    The “devil” only has some influence there if you imagine that he does.    Facing your fears in your dreams is a healthy thing to do.   Your dreams help you grapple with issues in your own life, and maybe even help with memory and recall.