Sign in to follow this  
Syphon

Guns and Knives

First off, I don't expect to many here to be collectors unless your over 18 (for rifles) and over 21 (for handguns).

I have just recently sold all of my personal guns (had to buy an engagement ring and pay for a wedding/honeymoon) and only retain my agencies weapons. The one is a standard Glock 22 (.40 cal) and then of coarse the Remington 870 shotgun. I have not really made any modifications to either of these ones since I can not see putting the money into modifying an agency weapon that goes through all kinds of crap on a daily basis from rain, dirt, mud etc.

I just sold my Glock 33 (.357 cal) and my Taurus PT 911 (9mm) the other day. After the wedding, I am going to pickup a Glock 27 (subcompact .40 cal). The reason I am getting this one is for the shear fact of a back up weapon when I am on duty. The nice thing about glocks is you can use one of the mags for the 22 on the smaller 27. It will just stick out on the bottom, but its great if my main weapon is damaged in a fight, I can still use my mags on my belt with my backup.

After I pickup that, I think im going to get my self an assualt rifle. I am still trying to decide on which one I want. Too bad full autos are hard to find anymore. I do want one with a 3 round burst if I can locate one. My friend is looking at getting the Barret .50 cal and I can not wait to shoot it. We have a private range that my friend owns and we normally get all our weapons together for some fun. Here are some pictures of me...plus some all around fun pictures...

n744817173_2168054_6438017.jpg

Sad thing is..I missed the can when this photo was taken...GRRR

2352_66519742173_744817173_2168071_6407177_n.jpg

The 7mm Sniper

n744817173_2168074_535716.jpg

The M4

2352_66519782173_744817173_2168079_7075141_n.jpg

More of the M4

n744817173_2168080_5470167.jpg

Some of the toys

2352_66519632173_744817173_2168053_6631278_n.jpg

Our awesome range setup

9119_280237930595_521020595_8795598_5893518_n.jpg

9119_280238000595_521020595_8795610_468097_n.jpg

Guest FirefromtheEast

I don`t like guns, but knives are a weakness of mine. I only have 6 in my ever-slowly growing collection.

Here is a photo of the favourite in my collection:

kuwait.jpg

My father gave it to me. :D

I don`t like guns, but knives are a weakness of mine. I only have 6 in my ever-slowly growing collection.

Here is a photo of the favourite in my collection:

kuwait.jpg

My father gave it to me. :D[/b]

Oh nice...what kind of knife is that? Looks pretty interesting...

I'm not too interested in guns,but I have shot one and I thought it was pretty fun.It was only a .22 though. xD

Guest FirefromtheEast
Originally posted by Syphon

Oh nice...what kind of knife is that? Looks pretty interesting...

I really don`t know much about the dagger except it was made Kuwait and its fairly old.

My father teaches chemical engineering, so he gets students from around the world (especially West Asia), and that one was a gift from one of the students. He let me have it.

Knives hate me. Especially when paired with noncooperative bagels. So no, I will not be collecting these irascible beasts.

And the only thing I own with the word 'gun' in it comes with the word 'nerf' before it.

I'm not a collector, nor am I interested in ever collecting guns. I do like to shoot though, and watch others shooting. I've only ever shot a paintball gun, a rifle (can't remember the specs) and a BB (also can't remember the specs).

However, I would like to collect knives and swords. Aside from just having them for the sake of having them, I'd like to know how to use them. Just for fun. My brother had a katana on his wall at one point.

Guest FirefromtheEast

I really would like to learn to do the tricks with the balisong/butterfly knife. I have "connections" with people who can teach me. ^_^

I really would like to learn to do the tricks with the balisong/butterfly knife. I have "connections" with people who can teach me. ^_^[/b]

Man I took that up right after I watched the punisher. Fun to do except it's not a skill that impresses the ladies.

I "own" several guns (and I'll actually own them in just a month and a half when I turn 18!). However, they're at my dad's in his gun safe, so I couldn't get any pictures of them, but I know I have several rifles and several pistols, none of them being very impressive. I am set up to inherit my great-grandfather's pistol collection, which includes some German guns from WWII. I know there is a Walther P38 and a Luger P08. Other than that, I'm not sure, and it might even include some Japanese weapons. I know he used to have an M1 Garand, but he sold that.

It is definitely fun to shoot guns.

Guest FirefromtheEast
Man I took that up right after I watched the punisher. Fun to do except it's not a skill that impresses the ladies.[/b]

You hang out with boring ladies. Pity.

Luckily, I needn`t worry about impressing, so I am excited about learning. :D

I "own" several guns (and I'll actually own them in just a month and a half when I turn 18!). However, they're at my dad's in his gun safe, so I couldn't get any pictures of them, but I know I have several rifles and several pistols, none of them being very impressive. I am set up to inherit my great-grandfather's pistol collection, which includes some German guns from WWII. I know there is a Walther P38 and a Luger P08. Other than that, I'm not sure, and it might even include some Japanese weapons. I know he used to have an M1 Garand, but he sold that.

It is definitely fun to shoot guns.[/b]

Ah too bad on the M1 Grand....Those are fun to shoot. I know someone who has 10 M1 Grands...some in almost new condition too.

I'm only 16, so I can't really own a gun... but I "own" a Savage 17HMR and a Remington 20 Gauge shot gun. My dad wanted a 17 HMR single shot for rabbit hunting so he had someone from our church pick one up for cheap when he went somewhere. After shooting my dad's I thought it was a cool little gun, and I wanted my own so that we could both carry one when Jack Rabbit hunting. So we went into Wal-Mart and were looking at guns, and we found a Savage 17 HMR Bolt Action with a 5 round clip. I probably won't use it for hunting very much any more though because we moved out of Jack Rabbit country... I'll probably just target shoot with it.

Strider Model BT.... I named it Corey. XD

I have a stack of knives, and very few pics.... my guns are at home. :(

I don't have any. In my country it is illegal no matter even if you have a lisence. Only police officers army soldiers etc can have them!

First off, I don't expect to many here to be collectors unless your over 18 (for rifles) and over 21 (for handguns).

I have just recently sold all of my personal guns (had to buy an engagement ring and pay for a wedding/honeymoon) and only retain my agencies weapons. The one is a standard Glock 22 (.40 cal) and then of coarse the Remington 870 shotgun. I have not really made any modifications to either of these ones since I can not see putting the money into modifying an agency weapon that goes through all kinds of crap on a daily basis from rain, dirt, mud etc.

I just sold my Glock 33 (.357 cal) and my Taurus PT 911 (9mm) the other day. After the wedding, I am going to pickup a Glock 27 (subcompact .40 cal). The reason I am getting this one is for the shear fact of a back up weapon when I am on duty. The nice thing about glocks is you can use one of the mags for the 22 on the smaller 27. It will just stick out on the bottom, but its great if my main weapon is damaged in a fight, I can still use my mags on my belt with my backup.

After I pickup that, I think im going to get my self an assualt rifle. I am still trying to decide on which one I want. Too bad full autos are hard to find anymore. I do want one with a 3 round burst if I can locate one. My friend is looking at getting the Barret .50 cal and I can not wait to shoot it. We have a private range that my friend owns and we normally get all our weapons together for some fun. Here are some pictures of me...plus some all around fun pictures...

n744817173_2168054_6438017.jpg

Sad thing is..I missed the can when this photo was taken...GRRR

2352_66519742173_744817173_2168071_6407177_n.jpg

The 7mm Sniper

n744817173_2168074_535716.jpg

The M4

2352_66519782173_744817173_2168079_7075141_n.jpg

More of the M4

n744817173_2168080_5470167.jpg

Some of the toys

2352_66519632173_744817173_2168053_6631278_n.jpg

Our awesome range setup

9119_280237930595_521020595_8795598_5893518_n.jpg

9119_280238000595_521020595_8795610_468097_n.jpg[/b]

First off, AWESOME PICTURES--especially the M4. I do agree that preparedness has DEFINITELY been achieved. :P

Anyway, I DO collect guns and knives. My family has more than a few firearms here and there, but my newest kick (no pun intended) is my Mosin-Nagant M-44 Bolt Action! It is a Model 1891/30, I believe, and it shoots the 7.62x54 mmR Russian cartridge, a larger and heavier round than the 7.62x39 Soviet (SKS and AK-47 round). The rifle holds 5 rounds on a stripper clip, and the ammunition is relatively cheap (as low as $86.00 for 440 rounds of Russian military surplus). The Mosin-Nagant was the front-line service rifle in the Winter War against the Nazis in WWII--my rifle is from 1940.

The surplus ammunition is corrosive, so I have to clean the gun after every session, and surplus ammunition can be had (completely legally) in several variations (including incendiary, armor-piercing, high explosive, tracer, light ball and heavy ball, as well as combinations). The newer commercial ammo isn't corrosive, but is limited to light ball, heavy ball, and soft point, for the most part.

I wouldn't mind owning a DPMS AR-15.

We have several shotguns, and I'm thinking about getting a Remington 20-gauge, and/or a Stoeger 20 Gauge Coach Gun.

I'm more of a pistol person that either rifle or shotgun, however. When I am 21 (and have the funds), I would IDEALLY like to have a Springfield Armory XD<sup>M</sup>-45 5" Tactical or 4" Service in .45 ACP, with a Galco Miami Classic Shoulder Holster. I say ideally because the M version of the XD-45 doesn't exist yet. If I had to pick a second gun, I'd pick another Springfield Armory XD-45 in 3" Subcompact, in a belt holster (whether OWB or IWB I do not know as of yet).

Another possibility is the NEW and IMPROVED Bren 10 pistol (of Miami Vice fame), which is currently in development.

The Fortis Pistol--now the Bren 10!

Remington Model 870 Express 20 Gauge 7-shot

Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme

Mosin-Nagant on Wikipedia

7.62x54mmR Russian on Wikipedia

MIAMI.jpg

SpringfieldXd45acp.jpg

Hand Gun laws in SC allows you to buy them at age 18 now. If I had the money to, I'd collect them.

I own a 3 handguns,a Ruger Bisley .500 Linebaugh,a Magnum Research BFR Long Cylinder .30-30 Winchester and a Magnum Research BFR Long Cylinder .444 Marlin

Also i have an custom-tailored Gyrojet-style 13mm Rifle.

Also I have fired a .50 BMG Handgun,which is a pretty awesome experience.

I find handguns, rifles, shotguns, knives, swords and every other form of weapon irrelevant compared to this piece of machinery...

mwwa2t.jpg