Sign in to follow this  
blueberry_muffins16

Quotes 'are' us

Ronald Reagan quotes are awesomestastic. George W. Bush quotes are pretty great too! haha

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." -George W. Bush

The greatest quote of all time comes from The Simpsons. "You only move twice"

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?

Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.

Homer: Mm-Hmm.

Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

Homer: Oh, the hammock district!

Hank Scorpio: That's right.

Neh, my "funny" quotes are usually inappropriate, usually from friends at school and from Generation Kill, both means its probably laced with curse words.

From my brother, so it's obviously gonna be very deep and meaningful:

"I think we should invent radios which have like, a screen and have people acting out what's happening on the radio"

Or not...

From my brother, so it's obviously gonna be very deep and meaningful:

"I think we should invent radios which have like, a screen and have people acting out what's happening on the radio"

Or not...[/b]

Haha, that made me laugh! And it reminded me of something my little brother would say :D

Seems the only one who doesn't see your beauty Is the face in the mirror looking back at you You walk around here thinking you're not pretty But that's not true, cause I know you...

Life's a garden. Dig it.

Are we happy plastic people under shiny plastic steeples with walls around our weakness and smiles that hide our pain? But if the invitation's open to every heart that has been broken, maybe then we'll close the curtain on this stained glass masquerade.

House: "Perseverance does not equal worthiness"

Nun: "Sister Augustine believes in things that aren't real."

House: "I thought that was a job requirement for you people."

House: "Ah, my birthday. Normally I'd put on a festive hat and celebrate the fact that the Earth has circled the Sun one more time; I really didn't think it was going to make it this year, but darn it if it wasn't the little planet that could all over again."

House: "As long as you're trying to be good, you can do whatever you want."

Wilson: "And as long as you're not trying, you can say whatever you want."

House: "So between us, we can do anything. We can rule the world"

House: "—the cutest little tennis outfit! My God, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Oh my! I didn't see you there - That is so embarrassing..."

House: "Very noble gesture. My favorite kind - dramatic, yet completely empty."

Cuddy: "Just enlarged hylar lymph nodes."

House: "Tiny unicorns goring his bronchial tubes would be cooler."

House: "Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree."

House: "Nonconformity, right. I can't remember the last time I saw a 20-something kid with a tattoo of an Asian letter on his wrist. You are one wicked free thinker. You want to be a rebel? Stop being cool. Wear a pocket protector like he does and get a haircut. Like the Asian kids who don't leave the library for 20 hours stretches, they're the ones who don't care what you think. Sayonara."

Wilson: "I'm still amazed you're actually in the same room with a patient"

House: "People don't bug me until they get teeth"

Cameron: "I took an oath to do no harm."

House: "Yeah, well, it's not like they made you sign it or anything."

Sebastian: "Every minute 4 people die of TB."

House: "Wow, how can you sleep at night?"

Sebastian: "There's people dying in Africa of a disease that we cured over 50 years ago ..."

House: "Yeah, I know. I saw the concert. Seriously, let's say you sleep six hours, that means every night you kill 1440 people. I guess you gotta get some sleep, but come on, if you'd stayed up another 10 minutes you could have saved 40 lives. Do you send notes to the families in the morning? That's gonna take at least ten minutes, so that's another 40 dead, another 40 notes... why don't you go wrack yourself with guilt in your own room?"

House: "At the end of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf," the wolf really does come. And he eats the sheep... and the boy... and his parents."

Chase: "The wolf doesn't eat the parents!"

House: "It does when I tell it."

House: "Two people who weren't meant to be together. Maybe they'll get a happy ending just because they both want it so much."

Stacy: "Yeah, that's usually the way it works."

Foreman: "Do you think there's any way House would take me seriously as his boss?"

Wilson: "Where is this coming from? Did Cuddy say something?"

Foreman: "We talked. She intimated."

Wilson: "And you want my advice on how to usurp him? It's very ancient Rome: you'll need a toga, and of course, a sword."

- Gregory house - the person who wrote the script?

WOW I totally thought I was the only quote-geek haha. I have any entire notebook type thing dedicated to them.

I think my favorite silly one is: "If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur." - Doug Larson

And my favorite 'serious' one is: "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

However.... This one is hilarious: "Goodbye. I am leaving because I am bored." - George Saunder's dying words.

:lol:

And I thought I was the only one who was obsessed with quotes!

I keep quotes posted all around my room, personal websites, in my notebooks at school and in my journal.

One of my favorites is: "Forever is composed of nows."

-Emily Dickinson

House: "Ah, my birthday. Normally I'd put on a festive hat and celebrate the fact that the Earth has circled the Sun one more time; I really didn't think it was going to make it this year, but darn it if it wasn't the little planet that could all over again."

House: "Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree."[/b]

These definitely made my day.

I adore quotes, unfortunately, I never can remember them off the top of my head. :P

C.S Lewis has some great quotes. My favourite quote at the moment is the one in my signature. I love quotes about hope and life and the future and other things like that.

Hah, it has been an interesting read going through all of the replies so far. I'll share a few I thought were pretty good:

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." -David Brinkley

"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally." -David Frost

"A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." -Arnold H. Glasow

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"Life's like photography.. We develop from the negatives" -- ?

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.†-- Audrey Hepburn

A few recent favourites:

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathon Swift

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The idea that men are created free and equal is both true and misleading : men are created different; they lose their social freedom and their individual autonomy in seeking to become like each other." - David Riesman

"Never arge with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you by experience."

"We could never really know the happy, without first knowing the sad."

"You make me smile all over my face."

"Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries. Ever." There was a man whose tears could cure cancer or any other disease, including the real cause of all diseases - sin. His blood did. His name was Jesus, not Chuck Norris. If your soul needs healing, the prescription you need is not Chuck Norris' tears, it's Jesus' blood." - Chuck Norris

"Bruce Lee had bad eyesight and one leg that was shorter than the other. But he had a mental image of what he wanted, and he became the quintessential martial artist and the first Chinese superstar in American films." - Chuck Norris

Because I think that Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw is a comedic genius:

"I like the idea of a 'professional troll', though. Makes me think of a hideous creature living under a bridge, handing out business cards." - Yahtzee response to an angry nerd.

Fan: I'm not a fanboy...

Yahtzee: *interrupts* YES YOU ARE.

"You're projecting so hard you could point yourself at a wall and show off PowerPoint presentations."

"Since the internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of quality control, in recent years it's easier to assume everything's **** until it can prove otherwise. I like to call it the Guantanamo Bay approach to reviewing. "

"Short answer: No. Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Feel free to spam my profile with comments saying that a good Christian wouldn't watch Zero Punctuation. :lol:

"Why am I a Christian, besides the awesome retirement plan? Well I guess it's because I've only got this little mustard seed of faith, and that's the minimum requirement. Atheist believe that the universe came together by random chance. Well I'm sorry but, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist." ------ Me

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." - G. K. Chesterton

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Taoist philosopher Lao-tze

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever. The goal is to create something that will." - Chuck Palahniuk

"I haven't read a...'just words' book in forever" - My friend Chelsea

All I got for the moment.