Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyPlsk

Masturbation problem/doubt

I wholeheartedly agree that it is a sin and that it is directly tied to lust, whatever anyone else says about it. I've been struggling with this for the last five years, and the only time that I have been able to overcome this is when I am intimately close to God, and being held in close accountability. Lust is dangerous, and imo, when I get married, I would like to be able to honestly say that the only place that I find sexual satisfaction is in my wife and her alone.

I also agree that masturbation is just as addictive as any drug, giving another reason to not be mastered by it.

this_life_is_yours, I must agree with you 110%! Masturbation is a problem that needs to be confronted. While it may be normal for us as sexual beings, that does not necessarily make it correct or right in God's eyes. I'm here on a bible college campus where this issue has been raised up by some. Some have taken the position that it is okay to masturbate if you do not lust after something (which I can't figure out how it can be done unless you're just so addicted to it) and others have the same position like me and you. Either way look at it, this is something that can be addicting like other things such as drugs and can cause you to carry out other sins such as lust. I too have struggled with this problem, but when in a close relationship with God it is the least of my interest to carry out the dirty deed.

Sign in to follow this