Cousin It!

MrSugar

Body hair.  

1. 1. Body hair.

After having a couple weeks to get used to it, I have to say shaving down there is actually pretty darn comfortable. I would recommend it to all men. Just be careful your first time.[/b]

Im still a fan of just trimming everything. Its comfortable. The only thing that's hard to trim evenly is the balls, they tend to move around when im trying to shave them... ok probably to much information, but eh idc.

• 2 weeks later...
Only real men pay 45 bucks for a professional XXX Body Wax biggrin.gif[/b]

You could buy food with that!

I have the hairiest legs. People call me the missing link! :P

I shave on a regularly basis (Facial)

Note: If you are hairy down there...shave it is much more hygienic!

• 3 weeks later...

ok, little awkward, but i have some questions...

1. I've always considered shaving down there, but i am worried that if i do not like it, will i be able to just let it grow back, or will it come back weirdly??

2. I am starting to grow chest and stomach hair way ahead of others my age and am thinking about shaving it, but i am worried about the same problem... will it grow back normally if i do not like it?

ok, that's pretty much all my questions... thanks!!!

ok, little awkward, but i have some questions...

1. I've always considered shaving down there, but i am worried that if i do not like it, will i be able to just let it grow back, or will it come back weirdly??

2. I am starting to grow chest and stomach hair way ahead of others my age and am thinking about shaving it, but i am worried about the same problem... will it grow back normally if i do not like it?

ok, that's pretty much all my questions... thanks!!![/b]

If you should shave either your pubes or your chest/stomach hair, it would grow back normally. Just be warned that the regrowth is quite annoying (it itches like nothing else).

To to experiment I shaved a patch down there one time. It grew right back, and didn't itch. I do have chest hair, or at least it's starting. I may shave it, I don't want to look like the animal I just hunted down in all my manliness is stuck on my chest! I shave my face.

About the tree looks taller if you cut the grass thing, if that's why people are shaving, then I have nothing to worry about.

Tips for shaving anywhere, but particularly "down there":

While shaving anywhere can cause razor bumps, razor burn, and ingrown hairs, shaving "the hair down there" is particularly prone to these, purely because it's so sensitive.

1. Don't dry shave (Don't use a razor to shave without shaving gel and water). Ever.

2. Befroe you shave, wash the skin with a mild cleanser to get rid of dirt, oil, and dead skin.

3. If you use a shaving gel or cream, let it stay on the hair for a few minutes to soften it up, minimizing razor burn.

4. Shave with the grain of the hair to minimize razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

5. Shave slowly, in as few strokes as possible to minimize razor burn, rinsing the blade after every stroke.

6. If you want a closer shave, then carefully shave against or across the grain. This can increase your chances of razor burn, bumps, and ingrown hairs. If you must re-shave an area, reapply your shaving cream/gel.

7. Shaving in the shower can help eliminate razor burn as well as soften hair.

8. Shave with as little pressure as possible against the skin and use the correct angle to prevent cuts and minimize razor burn.

9. After shaving, consider cold water or even ice to seal pores and help prevent irritation. "The hair down there" is sensitive, so beware the alcohol-based aftershaves.

10. DO NOT use a dull razor. If it feels like it is dragging, toss the cartridge and get another. The last thing you want is irritation caused by dull blades. After shaving, clean and dry your razor blade for prolonged blade life.

11. After shaving, consider using a lotion like Neutrogena Men's Post-Shave Razor Defense, possibly in conjunction with a drying powder like Gold Bond. Both will cut down on irritation.

12. As for trees looking taller, yes, shaving can help with that. In order to minimize itchiness, keep the area shaved, dry, and moisturized.

13. Beware, shaving an area more than once every few days will make it prone to cuts and irritation the next time you shave, until the skin gets used to being shaved.

14. If you get razor burn, moisturize the area and shave lightly or not at all for the next few days.

15. Ingrown hairs can be gently redirected with a pair of tweezers. Do not pull out the ingrown hair.

16. One last thing: if you MUST err when deciding how much shaving gel to use, use too much. Again, we don't want any irritation ANYWHERE, not just on "the hair down there".

How do I know all this? I've done it myself--and wikipedia doesn't hurt either. :P

Happy shaving!

Ok, I just tried shaving down there...it wasn't fun. It hurt like crap. It took FOREVER. And it just looks creepy now, not "taller". I'm just going to let nature take it's course and not disturb it....[/b]

Your first time won't be perfect, and it depends on how you shaved. You did SOMETHING wrong, because shaving won't hurt if it's done right. Did it feel draggy, dry? What?

If you used the wrong shaving angle, you'll end up scraping instead of shaving, and it will irritate your skin.

Perhaps you should get some practice with regular shaving, then try it again?

OH: Shavers are a no-no. They'll pull like crazy instead of shave.

• 3 weeks later...
I've shaved "down there" before, but I didn't really like it at all...looked like a naked mole rat :lol: Plus it was very itchy when it grew back. Now I'm thinking about shaving my legs though (a couple guys in my dorm did and it looks/feels really cool)[/b]

Interesting way of putting it.

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha this is just funny.

i would say that i have average but a little more in some places. and yes, i have thought about shaving. and yes, i have tried it a couple times. to be perfectly honest, it wasnt very pleasant. it didnt hurt. i shaved correctly. i just think that i was so used to my hair that the smoothness of my skin was just awkward. i shaved my chest, my stomach, and my "down there"/groin/pubes area. now while shaving my chest and stomach was just awkward. i kinda liked the feeling of the lower areas being shaved. i just dont know how it would look if i have hair all over my body and just not down there.

now i havent ever really thought about just trimming... any thoughts to help me?