How Far Have You Gone?

jesuschic4life

How Far Have You Gone  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How Far Have You Gone

I can say that i havent done anything. Ive been single all of my life, and i am waiting until marriage for my first kiss.

Back home im surrounded by a lot of people who have gotten caught up in the moment. You start out small then it explodes into something huge. I don't look down on them for it. Some have regrets, some don't. It not our place to go around and judge everyone whose had sex.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be disappointed all you want. No one is here to impress you or live up to your standards. Now, if you plan on turning this around and say, "Well, God's standards, blah blah blah," don't bother. As you know, not everyone on this website is a Christian and, therefore, might not live by or practice the same standards are you do. Even those who are Christian won't live the same as you. Why? We're all different. We all interpret what we read in a different way and we choose to live however we want to live.

Some of us have gone farther than others. Some haven't even started doing anything sexual. Some regret what they've done and others really could care less. I, for one, am not ashamed nor do I regret a thing. I'm not saying this to justify my actions or find a common ground among people... I'm just answering a question that was posed to the forum. Don't get to upset that people have answers.

By the way, I think the staff are doing an EXCELLENT job with this subforum. Just saying.

Now, you can sit there and stew and be sooooo disappointed and let down by the people who have posted in this thread. Have fun with that.

Un-needed. Morals aren't relative.[/b]

Do you have any evidence for that baseless assertion?

Personally, I've never done any of it, but it's not like I'm 'saving myself for marriage' or whatever - I've just never met a guy I liked enough to make out with.

Do you have any evidence for that baseless assertion?[/b]

Not any evidence that can convince a person who has the irrational disbelief that the Judeo-Christian God does not exist or that believes in other gods. They do not believe in a foundation to morals in the first place, atheists at least. The other's morals don't come from anywhere but man-made and demonic-made laws/morals.

Other than that. I have a solid foundation made of rock to assert that claim.

Why should you be surprised? It's a question posed to teenagers. 1) Teenagers in general are hormonal horny half-wits, and 2) those who care to answer what they've done (or not done) often are trying to present justification to themselves by also seeing that "everyone else is doing it."[/b]

Very very true.

Be disappointed all you want. No one is here to impress you or live up to your standards. Now, if you plan on turning this around and say, "Well, God's standards, blah blah blah," don't bother. As you know, not everyone on this website is a Christian and, therefore, might not live by or practice the same standards are you do. Even those who are Christian won't live the same as you. Why? We're all different. We all interpret what we read in a different way and we choose to live however we want to live.

Some of us have gone farther than others. Some haven't even started doing anything sexual. Some regret what they've done and others really could care less. I, for one, am not ashamed nor do I regret a thing. I'm not saying this to justify my actions or find a common ground among people... I'm just answering a question that was posed to the forum. Don't get to upset that people have answers.

Now, you can sit there and stew and be sooooo disappointed and let down by the people who have posted in this thread. Have fun with that.[/b]

I agree 100% with this. Everything is relative to an individual's point of view.

They do not believe in a foundation to morals in the first place, atheists at least. The other's morals don't come from anywhere but man-made and demonic-made laws/morals.[/b]

Not to start an argument or debate, but I just want to say that I know a lot of people that have morals and yet they don't believe in God or much of anything else, they just skate on through life.

I think it's dangerous to think that people who don't believe in God aren't capable of having morals that aren't corrupt. It's a very narrow-minded approach for a Christian to take when we are the ones to take God's love out into the world.

You Guys, there's a reason why God doesn't want us to have sex out of marriage. Of course sex is fun. God Himself made it, He Obviously understands it. But Sex out of marriage can cause a lot of hurt. That's why its a commandment. Its considered wrong, and for our own Good. Obviously, God Understands what He Himself created. make wise choices.

By the way, I think the staff are doing an EXCELLENT job with this subforum. Just saying.

Now, you can sit there and stew and be sooooo disappointed and let down by the people who have posted in this thread. Have fun with that.[/b]

You know what? This Sounds a lot like rebellion. We aren't here to judge, but we aren't here to be willfully ignorant either. If you want to follow God's commands, do it. If not, He will still love you, but it makes Him Sad. You can't hate on people for doing the right thing. Those who care less, need to see the result of sin. We won't interpret what we read in a different way. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. Plain as that. If you regret it, that is exactly what God was trying to prevent. He wants you to be happy, and enjoy sex, but without the risk, and hurt. You cannot serve two masters (God, and your own desire) You must either love one, and hate the other. Sure people will stumble, but when they don't regret sinning, that's where it becomes a problem. You will regret sex outside of marriage, at one point or another. Even couples who've had sex before marriage, then married, admit it wasn't as special. There is a reason why God does what He does. He has infinite wisdom, and the best bet, is with Him, no?

I've been though some freaky moments with my partner in the past.

Ever since we gave ourselves to God and accepting Jesus as our savior, we've been focused and out of trouble.

Yes, we sometimes have misunderstandings and discussions, but ultimately they lead to us feeling happier to have God in our lives and we end up feeling better for the love God has given us to realize the mistakes we are committing.

We learn from ourselves and help each other and if God permits we plan to stay together until God thinks it's time.

It's something real special having a good relationship with God.

Well Said. Im gonna have to say that I am pretty disappointed with what I am seeing from people on here. I guess I figured that some of you had standards that were founded upon God's principles, rather than the lust of the flesh.

I guess that I stand among the few that can say that I am waiting for marriage, and I would expect my spouse to do the same. I also believe that the staff of this forum could do a little bit more to keep this place clean. I do realize that this is the "mature" section, but this stuff is getting far to explicit to be found anywhere on a Christian forum. Have a backbone and stand up for what is right.[/b]

Dissappointed because not everyone on CTF lives up to your certain set of standards and morals? You need to keep in mind that not everyone on CTF is a Christian, and being a virgin and waiting for marriage doesn't make someone more special or holy then the next person. So these "standards" that you live by doesn't define who is a better Christian then the next person. We all come from different walks of life and some are virgins and some are not, but this isn't the place to judge or condemn others because they don't fit into your set of standards and morals.

haha. it does kinda suck the way the poll is turning out in my opinion. i mean, i think it's healthier to wait 'til you're married and i've always thought that's what the bible teaches...but nevermind me.

regret is a strange thing becuz you don't want to take away something that was part of your life and probably was important to shaping you in some way, significantly or not. but i would still say i regret i've done. but i can still enjoy what i learned or experienced even though i wish it didn't really happen. haha. i think. it's kinda mixed i guess but i don't know if it works out.

i didn't really realize that i hit second, so i voted first but that's not true. sorry. but yeah, i have some kinda regret cuz of the memory of it and now it's gone.

I have gone to 2nd or 3rd base depending on what they mean to you. There are a few regrets, when the motivation for the event was selfish, but beyond those, no I don't regret anything. But with the beliefs I hold now there probably aren't any situations that I was in then where I would do the same thing now. I am waiting till marriage, but I do not see anything wrong will some touching between two people in a relationship, who are truly doing it out of love for the other, and not for there own satisfaction. I don't mean this in an arrogant way or anything but I am pretty good looking and charming, so it was always easy for me to get those sort of things out of girls, and that really does make me sad to think about, but now I won't do anything will a girl unless I am in a serious relationship with her.

Side note to the other Christians on the forum. Yes it was rather shocking to see, but remember, we are no better then them. Just because you may have been able to avoid lust doesn't mean that you need Jesus' amazing grace any less then anyone else. Be thankful that you have been able to save that part of yourself for your future spouse if that is Gods plan, but it is never our place to judge others like this. Let's always remember how he loved, and if you don't think that what you are saying is going to help bring them closer to Christ, all it will do is push them further away.

Always in his Grace, Love, and Mercy :)

Not to start an argument or debate, but I just want to say that I know a lot of people that have morals and yet they don't believe in God or much of anything else, they just skate on through life.

I think it's dangerous to think that people who don't believe in God aren't capable of having morals that aren't corrupt. It's a very narrow-minded approach for a Christian to take when we are the ones to take God's love out into the world.[/b]

Never said they arent capable of having "morals." As for your comment on those who don't believe in God if your referring to atheists, then their illogical if they have morals. Their atheistic belief does not match their lifestyle. Anyways, feel free to open a debate up.

Sorry, didn't mean to spark a debate. I just saw that sentence, 'morals aren't relative' standing all by itself and I couldn't resist :P God-sent, it seems you and I have a very different idea of what consitutes an 'irrational belief'.

See? There I go again. I'm just too easily provoked, that's my problem. ^_^

I also totallly agree with AquinasD about teenagers.

Perhaps morals can be relative in each others eyes, but how about instead of clinging to our own morals, we cling to the guidance of the Almighty?

No, I do not believe that I am better than anyone on here, I am just like everyone else, a wretched sinner saved by grace through faith. This however does not give me a license to sin. I turned away from the sins that I had committed, they were put behind me, never to be brought up again. We should not glory in our sin.

As far as the moderation on this forum, no it absolutely fails. This section is completely uncalled for. The topics discussed have no place here. It owns up to the fact that the administration has completely given up to the acceptance of all ideas and morals, whether they are Godly or not.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Gone a bit off topic now, so... back on it.

As far as the moderation on this forum, no it absolutely fails. This section is completely uncalled for. The topics discussed have no place here. It owns up to the fact that the administration has completely given up to the acceptance of all ideas and morals, whether they are Godly or not.[/b]

What are you doing in this forum then? Get out if you don't like it. Sex should be an open and mature topic for those who want it to be, and a Christian setting is the optimum for a lot of people here. If you want to keep sex a dirty taboo and never talk about it, with all the respect I can muster, please leave this forum :). The moderation also deserves more respect. We do a lot and try to help CTF. If you have a problem, say it directly to us, rather than making bickering little comments on the main forum. Thank yoooou!

Why should you be surprised? It's a question posed to teenagers. 1) Teenagers in general are hormonal horny half-wits, and 2) those who care to answer what they've done (or not done) often are trying to present justification to themselves by also seeing that "everyone else is doing it."[/b]
Un-needed. Morals aren't relative.[/b]
Not any evidence that can convince a person who has the irrational disbelief that the Judeo-Christian God does not exist or that believes in other gods. They do not believe in a foundation to morals in the first place, atheists at least. The other's morals don't come from anywhere but man-made and demonic-made laws/morals.

Other than that. I have a solid foundation made of rock to assert that claim.[/b]

You know what? This Sounds a lot like rebellion. We aren't here to judge, but we aren't here to be willfully ignorant either. If you want to follow God's commands, do it. If not, He will still love you, but it makes Him Sad. You can't hate on people for doing the right thing. Those who care less, need to see the result of sin. We won't interpret what we read in a different way. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. Plain as that. If you regret it, that is exactly what God was trying to prevent. He wants you to be happy, and enjoy sex, but without the risk, and hurt. You cannot serve two masters (God, and your own desire) You must either love one, and hate the other. Sure people will stumble, but when they don't regret sinning, that's where it becomes a problem. You will regret sex outside of marriage, at one point or another. Even couples who've had sex before marriage, then married, admit it wasn't as special. There is a reason why God does what He does. He has infinite wisdom, and the best bet, is with Him, no?[/b]

Let me stress that I am not making this post in the role of a moderator. I am simply making this post in the role of a person with a strong educational background in both christian theology and counseling.

Now as a moderator, I do NOT want this to become a debate. I simply want to remind you guys of a few facts, and perhaps teach you a little.

I am highly disappointed in some of the comments I'm seeing here. I have nothing but respect for my fellow CTFers who aren't afraid to stand up a say "I am a human being, I am not perfect, and I've made some unwise decisions. It is a tough thing for them to do, and in my opinion, being able to humble themselves and not pretend to be perfect, makes them stronger Christians. I wish I could be more like that in real life, where I still feel the pressure to act like I'm the "perfect Miss Jennifer" who would never do anything wrong.

In the church tradition I grew up in (mennonite) we are taught that a sin is a sin. That is it. A sexual sin is the same as telling a white lie. Both are equally wrong in God's eyes. On that note, sins like being prideful and judgemental are also just as bad, if not a little worse than sexual sin, because you claim to know the mind and thoughts of God on the matter. If a person has repented for their sin, has asked God for His forgiveness, who are we to not forgive them ourselves? Who are we to become prideful and judgemental, when we need God's forgiveness and grace just as much as they do? Thinking "well I am better than that!" is a sin because you fall into thinking that that human being is less worthy of God's grace than you are. Remember the verse "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I did some research on the Amish and sexual sin for my human sexuality class, and the results were interesting. In an Amish community, if someone who committed a sexual sin repented and asked for forgiveness, the members of the congregation were forbidden to ever even bring up the sin in conversations again. If they brought it up, they were considered to be committing the sin of pride, by thinking that they couldn't make the same mistake. I thought that that was a pretty awesome concept.

I did some research on the Amish and sexual sin for my human sexuality class, and the results were interesting. In an Amish community, if someone who committed a sexual sin repented and asked for forgiveness, the members of the congregation were forbidden to ever even bring up the sin in conversations again. If they brought it up, they were considered to be committing the sin of pride, by thinking that they couldn't make the same mistake. I thought that that was a pretty awesome concept.[/b]

Yup, that rocks...only problem is that the people here are not even repentant for what they have done. In this case, it is not from a Christian perspective. I am only saying this because you quoted me. I'm fine with those who have messed up and have repented and try to maintain a pure life, but that simply isn't what is going on in here with some of the people. Anyways, i'll leave the topic alone in this thread about it.

If mods feel the need to remove following if off-topic feel free to do. Just though this would be an interesting place to put it:

Yes, I'm virgin, even though the girls are urgin'

I've done everything but "go all the way" cuz... that would be splurging

I blurred the lines with my girlfriend after a whole lotta hintin'

But what I'm doing ain't sex according to Bill Clinton

My last girlfriend was a prude and she gave me the boot

Because I tried to climb the tree and take hold of the fruit

But it's all gravy, my new girl's the one

We're doin' a verse-by-verse study in Song o' Solomon

And when we go to the movies, we always miss the plot

Because she got some inner-beauty but she's also freakin' hot!!

My hands are Roman and her lips are Russian

But our Gentiles have never met, because we know the repercussions

We went to "True Love Waits" - we know what purity's all about

But she lost her ring in my backseat one night when we were making out

We read Joshua Harris' book and it made us both cry

And that night we totally French-Kissed Dating Goodbye [Google: Joshua Harris]

So now we're "just friends" but, you know, we're "friends with bennies"

And we still suck face 'til 1 a.m., and pretend we were out at Denny's

She's meetin' all my needs but guards virginity like a goalie

I'm saving intercourse for marriage, because me sooooo holy

-Me So Holy (Rated PG-12)

Don't make such wide generalizations. Just because they don't regret it doesn't mean they aren't repentant. I don't regret what happened to me because it was such a huge learning experience, and God used my mistake to make me stronger and give me new purpose in life. Do I know it's wrong and have I totally repented of it? Yes. So please don't go around saying everyone that has posted in this thread is unrepentant.

Oh, and that poem/lyric you posted is hilarious in a terrible way.

Don't make such wide generalizations. Just because they don't regret it doesn't mean they aren't repentant. I don't regret what happened to me because it was such a huge learning experience, and God used my mistake to make me stronger and give me new purpose in life. Do I know it's wrong and have I totally repented of it? Yes. So please don't go around saying everyone that has posted in this thread is unrepentant.

Oh, and that poem/lyric you posted is hilarious in a terrible way.[/b]

QFT

And i agree. Those lyrics are hilarious