Sign in to follow this  
h03t

Praying in boxers..

For some reason.. Last night I got on my knees to pray, and I was in my boxers, thats it. I closed my eyes, and noticed I was in my boxers.

The thought came up "Respect God".

Then I was like "But I love God, Im not disrespecting Him by praying in my boxers"

So I sat there, kinda hesitant.

Then I got up and put some shorts on, got back down, and was free to pray.

Wow. Lol, never has happened but, ya, thought I'd mention it lol.

I've never been hesitant to pray based on the clothes I was (or wasn't) wearing. I've prayed wearing a suit and tie, I've also prayed while I happened to be completely naked. God created your body, and He wants you to honor Him with it. Part of that is to 'pray without ceasing,' and that would be regardless of what clothing you have on.

That's my take, anyway.

God Bless You Today,

Jim

I've never been hesitant to pray based on the clothes I was (or wasn't) wearing. I've prayed wearing a suit and tie, I've also prayed while I happened to be completely naked. God created your body, and He wants you to honor Him with it. Part of that is to 'pray without ceasing,' and that would be regardless of what clothing you have on.

That's my take, anyway.

God Bless You Today,

Jim[/b]

word

I don't see any kind of problem praying in boxers or being naked. Honestly, God created us as naked beings and only after Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden tree did they become ashamed of their nakedness.

Regardless, I don't make a big deal about what I'm wearing when I pray.

I don't think that it matters much what you wear as long as you are having a heart to heart with the most high... But at the same time, he deserves our best so we have to be mindful of what we do and how we approach God.

As for me however, I don't mind praying in underwear.

bro if there is a god he's the one that made your junk anyway i don't think he's worried about your tackle bouncing around while you do an our father

I pray in the shower all the time. I am wearing... less then boxers in there, haha.

If God cared about what we were wearing whilst we pray, I think he would have stuck something in the bible about it, huh? Like, 'Only those in a three piece suit can pray!' or whatever. ;)

He didn't by the way. :P

I have prayed in...pretty much anything ;)

Its not bad, but if God said so... But don't let it stop you in the future, never be ashamed in front of God of your body.

Be ashamed instead of your sin, which SHOULD be covered, by the blood of Jesus.

I don't think that God minds. I have prayed in my boxers a number of times before. I have felt comfortable doing so. Although, I also have prayed in the shower as well. So, I don't think that God is concerned now with being in a bare body state.

That's interesting because I have had the same thing happen before. I feel a little awkward for whatever reason, but not so much now that I've read these comments. It's kind of weird though, because I pray in the shower all the time, but praying outside of the shower in boxers or less just feels a little weird to me... although I don't think it really matters.

To be honest, I see no problem with prayer in whatever attire you're in, or not in. I'm not going to purposefully strip down to pray to God in my boxers, or less, but it doesn't mean that I can't take some time to pray while, say, I'm in the shower. It's 10 minutes of time I have absolutely to myself, so why not take advantage of it? The only thing I won't be wearing is a hat. It's a sign of respect to take your hat off, at least in this culture, and so it's natural of me to consider it respectful to God also.

The only thing I won't be wearing is a hat. It's a sign of respect to take your hat off, at least in this culture, and so it's natural of me to consider it respectful to God also.[/b]

I don't even take my hat off. I seriously don't think God minds if I'm wearing one when I pray - I don't think he minds whatever we're wearing at all, unless it's like a 'F*** God!' T-shirt or something.

I don't even take my hat off. I seriously don't think God minds if I'm wearing one when I pray - I don't think he minds whatever we're wearing at all, unless it's like a 'F*** God!' T-shirt or something.[/b]

:D ten points for this post

Sign in to follow this